98 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

Great review! :thumbup:

The Anubis guardians are gonna be a hot item on bricklink I can see these going for 12$ each :tongue:

The figures are fantastic and the design is good, but I feel that base takes up over half of the build therefore, only the top of the pyramid is a structure the rest might as well be a platform, its clever and saves on parts but for 100$, I'm a little disappointed with it

Great review, Hinckley! :classic:

I really like this set, though I doubt I will be getting it, because I'm more of a City collector.

Very well done on the review. :thumbup:

Nice Review

Set not perfect but awesome :tongue:

When is it out?

I think it is officially released in January 2011.

~buddy~

Edited by buddy

Wow. Awesome review. This set looks very nice. I love the dark red colour on the truck. :wub: Also, the new molds look pretty, and useful! I will definitely consider getting this set. Thanks again for the review! :thumbup:

Some requested pics (which have been added to the review as well)

The new sword piece (I know somebody said the name somewhere but I can't seem to find it :blush: ):

080.jpg

081.jpg

Side shots:

077.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

I also added a poll for this set too, so if you haven't already voted on it, please do so. Thanks :sweet:

The new sword piece (I know somebody said the name somewhere but I can't seem to find it :blush: ):

It is called Khopesh. :wink:

It is called Khopesh. :wink:

khopesh or khepesh.

The set is great, only the stickers are a bad idea, it wasn't like that in the 80's, we had printed parts then! Anyway, this set is great and I can't wait to have it!

The review is very good apart from one major mistake. Hinckley, you don't know what a minaret and an obelisk is! No offence, but please edit your review and correct this!

edit: now I see that it was edited. :thumbup:

Edited by Nikola Bathory

The review is very good apart from one major mistake. Hinckley, you don't know what a minaret and an obelisk is! No offence, but please edit your review and correct this!

We had already addressed this. And forgive me, oh wise one, I had just spent four months in Malaysia. :tongue:

Great review...as usual. LOL

Love the parts...not so sure about the set as a whole...though I DO love the scorpion (but, then again, I have a thing for scorpions, so...).

Can't help but drool over those Anubis warrior figs though. OMG, they rock!!!!!! I'd love to have an army of those...even if it's just a couple of squads. :grin: Maybe LEGO will release a second wave of PQ and we'll get some Anubis warriors in a battle pack. *fingers crossed*

Man TLG really stepped it up with this theme, so many cool new molds. This ones seems a bit expensive for what you get, but that is more and more LEGO's style.

Awesome review, its like I own it too.

Love the new pics. I really like that the scorpion looks very integrated into the architecture of the pyramid design and colour-wise. I think they have taken on board the lessons learned from the Atlantis guardians.

This is probably the closest Stargate (movie) set we'll see (tossing the insect aside for Clash of the Titans).

I enjoy the unprinted base plate so I could have a tan moon base, tan raised castle, etc.

Mechanical sliding doors is something I always fascinate over.

The tan and blue parts really make me love the set.

I ordered two from TRU last night.

Great! now I need to save up for this! that means that I can't buy any LEGO for several months!

Great! now I need to save up for this! that means that I can't buy any LEGO for several months!

It'll be well worth it when you do, I picked up this set a week ago, it's really a fantastic set. Good luck on your mission!

Thanks for the great review! The only thing to make PQ better, in my opinion, is to have a new Kilroy (I think that's his name)-character. While the mummies are certainly worthy adversaries, a bad guy wanting the treasure for himself would be great. Especially if he had henchmen.

-Santhor

Originally I was not interested in this theme because I thought it was just treasure hunters vs treasure hunters.

But there are mummy warriors? Awesome. I must get this set and other sets in PQ theme.

So I bought this sort of on impulse last night, and wow. I've already had a thing for the Egyptian themed "stuff", so this fits my style. After getting the set put together, I was excited to put it on my display shelf as a boxed set I will probably NOT be taking apart for pieces. :).

Oh, and the Anubis minifigs are my favorite thus far. 100% worth the cash on this one.

Thanks for the great review. I kind of wish that on the half-track it would have a 1x2 1-hollow stud plate (forgot the specific name) :blush: instead of having the turret/machine gun to the left side. Also, I note that it has a dark bley Exo-Force robot claw, instead of an increasingly common black one. IMO, it kind of breaks up the "flow" of colors on it.

By the way, I need an army of the Anubi (plural for Anubis?) now too! :laugh:

-Santhor

I got this set for Xmas. Finally put it together. I really liked the set. Though there are some parts that don't feel complete. Like the open pit on the bottom right. A 6x6 plate would have made this a lot better. And the snake pit thing also seems like an after thought. I wish the stickers were printed too.

But even with all that, I still like the set. The figures are really nice, particularly the Anubites.

Steve

Ok, wow! Thank you for this excellent review, the thing that stands out the most for me in this set is (of course) The Jackals! I think that after seeing this I may well have to go out and grab one.....two....three.....*smacks self* Yes, one! Thanks for the review mate! :thumbup:

Edited by Fires-storm