Sign in to follow this  
Hobbes

7897 review and pics at ILTCO

Great Find here Hobbes ;-)

After viewing the great review and pics made by ILTCO's Larry Pieniazek, I think that this set looks better than I originally thought it would be !!

I am still not sure if I'm going to buy any of the new trains though. There are lots of really interesting sets this year and who knows what next year will hold ;-)

*yoda*

The remote worked well for us, although the blind spots due to line of sight introduce a sensation of not always being in complete control. Our testing on a larger layout revealed no interoperability issues. But the motor has little power, even when compared to the older 9V motor. Trying to pull 3 of the Santa Fe coaches is hopeless.

I was afraid of this... sigh.

He he, these RC trains might have the same lifespam as the LULs Mfs X-D :-P

Its like Exo Force TLC, Power Up !!

Seriously if the engine has a real low power, this means that it can only pull with satisfactory speed one poassenger car ?? That would be more than stupid !! Oh well another reason not to buy it ;-)

*yoda*

did i see this right? is there gap between the cockpit piece and the bricks? :'-(

The remote worked well for us, although the blind spots due to line of sight introduce a sensation of not always being in complete control. Our testing on a larger layout revealed no interoperability issues. But the motor has little power, even when compared to the older 9V motor. Trying to pull 3 of the Santa Fe coaches is hopeless.

I was afraid of this... sigh.

So was I, and Heiner confirmed this in his cargo train review, too :-/

did i see this right? is there gap between the cockpit piece and the bricks? :'-(

You did, Larry complained about this in his review. It could have been a "Monday model", though, as we say, meaning a "one time production error". But that doesn't matter to me cos the entire model is one big design flaw IMHO (battery box inside the passenger cabin???), not to mention the RC system...

You did, Larry complained about this in his review. It could have been a "Monday model", though, as we say, meaning a "one time production error". But that doesn't matter to me cos the entire model is one big design flaw IMHO (battery box inside the passenger cabin???), not to mention the RC system...

yeah i don't see the point in that either, especially if you take into account that your number of passenger cars will be very limited due to lack of power... oh well, we'll see what happens, i guess...

Heres some good pics on Brickshelf 7898

Firstly, it's the "wrong" set (this thread's about the passenger train), and secondly the link's been posted here already ;-)

Update: 1000steine has a seperate forum to post questions for Jan Beyer who relays them to TLC and answers them. On July 28 he was asked if this gap between cockpit piece and wagon was a one-time production flaw or if it's meant to be like that.

On July 31 came the disillusioning answer from the designers(!): it's "by design", the piece couldn't have been made otherwise...

*wacko*

Does anybody have the set and can confirm this?

Not much solace when Jan says he doesn't like the gap and the answer, either...

The Link to the Picture's of the 7897 Passenger Train aren't working :(

Pardon me, but it is a 5 year old posting so that might be the reason for it not working.

Sadly, you are going the right way of getting into trouble with the Moderators.

Please, be careful.

The Link to the Picture's of the 7897 Passenger Train aren't working :(

Wow... the thread is from 2006.

The link at the top of the thread goes to ILTCO website.... all resources from the site were supposed to go here:

Railbricks.com

The thread about the news is here:

Eurobricks discussion thread

I hope that helps.

btw, if you are looking for photos of the 7897 (RC Express Train), a link is here:

Brickshelf Photos of the RC Train

Edited by medib