MikeJ

Alternatives to the A and B versions of 8052 Container Truck

Hi Folks. Had the container truck a few months now and at the weekend decided to re-build it into the "B" model. I'm definitely not impressed with the looks of this version, it is poor in comparison to the "A" model. :thumbdown:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to an alternative model to build using the container truck parts?

I also have the Front Loader and altered that at the weekend to it's "B" model, and I have to say that this is quite good. A bit inferior to the "A" model but certainly a B-I-G model when the claw arm is at full stretch!! Well worth having a look if you have this set.

Here is one alternative built by Tomik, a fellow member of the Czech LEGO forum.

8052_model_1-5.jpg

8052_model_1-1.jpg

Here is one alternative built by Tomik, a fellow member of the Czech LEGO forum.

8052_model_1-5.jpg

8052_model_1-1.jpg

Now that looks like an offical set! Really smooth!

Awsome alt model!

Any buildinginstructions available?

I think not, but I may ask him if you want.

Yes please!

He said that it would be possible. Although he lost the pictures from dismantling his model, he says, he might be able to build it again for you.

He said that it would be possible. Although he lost the pictures from dismantling his model, he says, he might be able to build it again for you.

And again a hartly YES! Guess it would be an nice alternative to build!

My son is builing the A model at the moment, when there is an instruction of this alt.model we will build that also.

Very nice model and playable

Awsome alt model!

Any buildinginstructions available?

Hi Folks,

I'm creator of this truck with work platform and I have good news for you. Even i lost all pictures of last dismantling I built it again to last pin same as first time. I'd like to make instructions in LPub but I have no experiences with digital building except LDD. So in nearest days I'll be able to give you just photos of assembly. If you wanna see more pictures click here.

@ Tomik:

Hope you get these building instructions soon.

You've made a great alternative model and i guess lot of people would love to built your model themselves.

I hardly can't wait!

Tomic: thanks for the pics. The model is great and I look forward to seeing more of it.

Great alternative model, I have always hoped Lego would produce a lift truck instead of just cherry picker and telescopic handler types. It would make a great main model. Instructions would be real nice if they can be made available.

Last three days I have been working on alternative model of 8052. Good news, a heavy duty tow truck with opening bonnet, doors, working outriggers,steering, towing arm and tilting towing fixture is ready. Pictures and instructions to come soon.

Here is a little teaser.

p1150692.jpg

Edited by grohl

And instructions are to follow shortly??

Shortly is maybe not the correct word, but yeah, they are going to follow.

Hi again,

I got some free time last weekend and I finally made building instructions for my truck with work platform. This is link to brickshelf:

Building instructions

I hope you will like these instructions and you will get much fun with this truck. If you need any help you can ask me. :wink: