WhiteFang

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 poll

Collectable Minifigure Series 3  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite collectable minifigure inside series 3?

• Samurai Warrior
    • Elf
    • Fisherman
    • Space Alien
    • Space Villain
    • Mummy
    • Tennis Player
    • Baseball Player
    • Gorilla Suit Guy
    • Tribal Chief
    • Sumo Wrestler
    • Race Car Driver
    • Snowboarder
    • Hula Dancer
    • Rapper
    • Pilot
  2. 2. Which Collectable Minifigure Series do you like best or you love them all?

• Series 1
    • Series 2
    • Series 3
    • All Series
  3. 3. Will you like to see anymore upcoming Collectable Minifigures Series in the long run?

• Yes
    • No

I haven't shared my thoughts yet and here it goes, :blush:

I voted for the Elf Warrior as my favourite minifigure, mainly because of the highly desirable fantasy concept with its elvish long bow, shield in his gear. Real charming indeed. However, I am also equally interested in other minifigures such as the Samurai which is very classic looking like the late 1990s Ninja minifigs and the lovely Tennis Player.

I love all 3 series and I really wish to see the Collectable Minifigures Series tradition continues again and again! :wub:

I haven't shared my thoughts yet and here it goes, :blush:

I voted for the Elf Warrior as my favourite minifigure, mainly because of the highly desirable fantasy concept with its elvish long bow, shield in his gear. Real charming indeed. However, I am also equally interested in other minifigures such as the Samurai which is very classic looking like the late 1990s Ninja minifigs and the lovely Tennis Player.

I love all 3 series and I really wish to see the Collectable Minifigures Series tradition continues again and again! :wub:

Theres nothing to add, i did same as Fangy did. The elf is just so lovely, but im gonna hunt also those others like crazy. No, im not getting them all, there will be PotC line and other great themes so i have to sae my money alot. (My wallet caculator is 0 at the moment :blush: Truly)

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

It's gotta be the elf. The minifigure itself is already great, but so are the others; what makes him stand out is the plethora of equipment. New longbow, nice shield and a cape (when a quiver would have been just as justified). I can't think of anything else to ask for.

I will admit that despite the fact I am a spacer, my second choice wouldn't be

the Space Alien but the Elf. Mainly because of that great hairpiece that will allow me

to make some blonde Vulcans. (you really do need ears for that) :wink:

he's become my favorite figure in the series for that reason... :sweet: i'm kind of a die-hard Star Trek fan.... :sweet:

although i really like the snowboarder and the hula dancer too, and the apeman is kinda cute... plus i like the stereo that the rapper guy has... :sweet:

I just have to vote for the Elf. I know it is a bit of a cliché that the elf is 'amazing' but I like for points beyond the ear hair. The face is really useful for many minifigures, the torso is great for other historic themes along with the shield and printed legs. The new box is a super improvement on the old version, if only they had included it for previous series.

However, I know why others would have there opinions on the best figures. For me this is going to be one of the strongest series and with the dot system will be much easier to find the minifigures. All of the sport figures are excellent and really needed as we have suffered with a lack of them for years. :thumbup:

Hmm...

It was between the Elf, Indian, and Samurai for me, but because of the new bow and almost classic shield print, I have to go with the Elf. As the only Series with three minifigs that I have to have, Series Three is the best for me. And, since the Series have gotten better as they go along, then I would definitely like to see what Series 4 looks like and what TLG would plan for Series 5.

I had to chose between elf and samurai for me, i went elf because of the bow. I honestly cant see these discontinuing, everyone loves them, and TLG knows that. I wonder what the reasoning behind the five votes saying to discontinue them... :hmpf_bad:

Changed my vote from Sumo to Samurai after seeing what's under the armor... :wub:

I voted for Hula Girl because I'm excited to have an Islander to add to my pirate theme, but I think if I weren't so pirate mad, I might have voted for something else... probably the Tennis Player.

I should have waited to see better images before voting... I expected the hula girl to have a green strap visible on her back, instead it's just blank. It kind of makes me wonder how the... uh... never mind. :sceptic:

The skirt looks okay, I can accept the idea that it's supposed to be open on one side like that, like a wacky lopsided sarong, but when you compare it with the preliminary images it looks kind of incomplete.

If I could, I'd change my vote to tennis player. She is the only one I think I can say they got exactly right.

Edit: Hey, I could delete my vote all along. I wish democracy always worked like that.

Edited by David Thomsen

Fisherman because he's versatile.

Series 2 Just had the best mix.

Yes.

Nice and simple reply.

My favourite minifigures inside third series are the Space Villain, the Snowboarder and the Hula Girl. I choosed space villain - all series - yes.

When I saw the space pirate in the first low-quality images, it seemed strange to me. But now, after the detailed photos, I like this cybernetized neoblacktron spaceman very much.

I love the baseball player. He is very cool. It also has been fun making a team with different faces on the bodies.

I think the minifigure collection is great and am happy it is continuing!

So at first I was inclined to say that the Elf was the best of the lot but having gotten a Space Villain/Cyborg today, I have to change my mind. I love the guy's torso, especially with the old Blacktron logo. Would have been real interesting with the original Blacktron logo but I think the Blacktron 2 logo works better. Also love the ray gun with the red laser beam!

So just by looking at the votes and comments, are most of you voting for the Elf because of the new pieces or something? I'm actually in the minority and don't really like the Elf. :/

My favorite is the Space Cyborg dude, why? Because he wears the infamous Blactron symbol, that single image can strike fear into the hearst of brave men, and makes babies cry when he walks into a 50 foot radius.

The elf totally deserves my second place, not only because his "official" name is LEGOlas but because he has pointy ears, and his shield is totally awesome. He will eternally be useful.

I selected "All series because my favorite is Series 4 which is not listed there.

I voted no on the third question. I'm sure this will invite some criticism, but I wanted to offer another perspective.

Some of these minifigures are among the best I've ever seen. And if Lego hadn't issued these, we'd never see them.

However, I'm really bothered by the randomness of it all. I've seen few people say they like not knowing what they'll get. Why would Lego do that, then? To get you to buy more. And more. And more. And just when you've got your Spartan army, now your spending your hard earned money to build your Elf army.

I believe that if you could buy individual minifigures, Lego would make a mint on these. Some would argue that if these are aimed at kids, then the randomness is more exciting for them. If that was true, why do you have to open 12 sumos before you get one elf?

Now some would say that this new variety inspires creativity, and I'm not sure I can disagree with that. But the whole secret identity behind these things really makes me think the whole goal is not to inspire us but to make us buy more and more.

All that being said, I know that in future series, there will be some that I really like, and will want to get. After buying alot of series three, I think I'll be more willing to pay more (unfortunately) on bricklink to get just what I want.

But I have to wonder if we're just being lured by a carrot on a stick...

Just my thoughts...

But I have to wonder if we're just being lured by a carrot on a stick...

Just my thoughts...

Well of course we are. Why does TLG do anything? To make money. That's what a company does. Do you really think that making the CM non-random will generate more of a profit? I actually think it would make less, because for people like me, I would buy one set of sixteen and call it a day (well, I still do by using BL and other sources, for a higher price), and people who buy them in the stores won't have to come back if they didn't get what they wanted the first time. Less profit.

Bottom line, TLG is making a fortune on these, and no one is complaining. I'm sure the majority of the FOL community would rather have random than no figures at all. And besides that, you have barcodes/ dot codes, BrickLink/ Ebay, and bag feeling, so it's not always random for those who are willing to spend a little extra time or money.

IM really happy today. I got 2 fishermen and 2 elves at Walmart. I am not a fan of S3 figs but just wanted these two. Now I got doubles of each maybe trade for S2 or S1 figs. For me upcoming S4 is the best of the bunch.

My favorite would have to be the Samurai. I can't wait to use some of the armor. The helmet and torso are really cool.

In second place, I'd go with the elf. The hair is great on him.

I voted for the Hula Dancer, because her lovely hair with the flower, her skirt and her torso are great. Plus she's a female, and who doesn't want more females? Although I voted for her, I also love the tennis player, the gorilla and the racecar driver.

I voted for the Gorilla suit guy, despitze the fact I haven't got him by now ^^ The Hula dancer is great, too :)

Edited by ElisHelrot

I voted for the elf as my favorite of series three, but I wanted to put in honorable mentions for both the Snowboarder and Tennis Player. I actually thought that I wouldn't want any other of the s3 figures aside from the elf, but after picking a few up, I've fallen in love with both of these. the printed figures are well done, and the accessories are pretty cool. I just wish a local store would carry these.... :(

Wow, I knew the elf was popular, but this...

For me, it's Gorilla Suit Guy. I use animal heads a lot in my MOCs (mostly Fabuland, that is) and the sweaty face inside is absolutely great.

Other favorites are the fisherman (for the new beard) and the tennis player (very beautiful figure over all). The elf is just so-so, I think. The pointed ears are funny and for the rest it is mediocre.