lightningtiger

MOC: BOC Gas & Gear Store

The start of a different MOC, this one is in parts...here is part one 80% complete....only somemore stickering and goods to be placed on the other side of the display rack.

wip_boc_gas_and_gear_showroom_1.jpg

Oh, here's the inside of a real Gas & Gear......

1252546247598_boc008.jpg-640x480.jpg

I hope to create the signage on the display racks, the goods to be made are welding rod boxes and other supplies yet worked out.

Working on this and starting part two tomorrow.

Comments welcome and keep on welding ! :grin:

That's a nice start lightningtiger, I can now imagine 4-5 more of these gear racks with plenty of tools and gear to approximate the real store based on your ref. pic. Can't wait how this 'baby' will turn out. default_classic.gif

Well thanks 'KielDaMan' for your comments, I don't think I'll be doing one that big.

But I will be designing some arc welding units to have on display, like this......

1252546187871_boc007.jpg-640x480.jpg

Part two will either be that or the service counter.

Comments welcome and keep on welding ! :grin:

Good MOC, lightningtiger! :thumbup:

The building looks very realistic. I especially like the display unit. It will be interesting to see any developments.

Well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Thanks 'crabboy329', 'Masked Builder' and 'buddy' for your kind comments, I have designed another module last night on LDD......I'll see if I can build it up today......dark bluey tiles for the floor might be a problem - low stocks ! :cry_sad:

Keep on watching (for more updates). :sweet:

Thank you 'Honeybee' for your kind words.

Now I feel foolish I forgot to save that LDD file didn't I......my computer crashed last night.....bye, bye part two.....ah, well back to old LDD again ! :blush:

I'll have the next lot of shots up in a few hours or so.

Keep on welding ! :grin:

I'm trying to build part two right now.....in the mean time I have worked out how to post on Brickshelf LDD shots. :blush:

lddscreenshot5.png

This is the spare parts display for gas welding/cutting, a base in front of the window will be for a arc welder of some sort and maybe another air compressor elsewhere to be displayed.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend I can update with real brick shots.

Comments as usual welcome and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Quick edit - sorry to the MOD's about the picture size.

Edited by lightningtiger

Great work :thumbup:. Cant wait to see it finished. Off topic - After looking at these we should have a community town build where everyone makes a little moudule like this and the they all get put together.

Thanks, CB

Thanks 'mautara', 'crabboy329' and 'Mrlegoninja' for your kind comments. :sweet:

At the moment, the walls are going up on part two, once that's done I start on the interior.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Just quickly.......wip_boc_gas_and_gear_showroom_3.jpg

I'm missing a 1x1 red tile and of course the signage panel at the top of the window too.

Once that is done (oh, yeah clean the bricks - goodness they are dirty :blush: ) interior work begins.

Part three will be built on a 16 x 16 base plate with roadway on it, on the roadway will have the gas bottle loading/unloading platform, next to it will be the entrance to the store and the customer service counter.

Keep on watching ! :wink:

Thanks 'sens1992' and oops, sorry 'greg3' missed your comment yesterday.....thanks both of you for your kind comments.

Just scrapping together the parts for the rest of part two, I may have to make this build even bigger than first thought, the service counter is the problem.....but nothing I won't overcome ! :sweet:

Keep on watching ! :wink:

Update time......

09_boc_gas_and_gear_0.jpg09_boc_gas_and_gear_1.jpg

A few more pieces to go in to part two, part three starts tomorrow.....comments welcome and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Looks great there, perfect thing to have in a town the size of yours

Thanks 'jonwil' for your kind comments, I have now designed and built an arc welder to sit on that red display infront of part two's window.....just need to sticker it and then photograph it.

Updating again tomorrow so keep on welding ! :grin:

Quick edit - I have shifted the display in part one back one stud beacause of the arc welder stand.

New pictures later.

Edited by lightningtiger

I just wanted to know, are you going to build a roof on the store? Anyway, that is a really cool shop that I wish I had in my city.I have a car parts shop, but I built it out of my remaining lego bricks so it is not even in a building. :look:

:yoda: "May the force be with you."

Thanks for the comments 'mahon881', actually this design is inspired by the 7642 garage....more open air for max. playability, so no roof, but the roof slopes give it the impression of a roof being present.

Part three starts today, but I'm running out of 2x2 DBG tiles though. :cry_sad:

Also I'm working on the signage for the interior and exterior too !

As the old saying goes.....you ain't seen nothin' yet ! :laugh:

Keep on welding ! :grin:

I have been feeling a little blue today, so I threw myself in to this MOC.....here's the latest photo.

08_boc_gas_and_gear_0.jpg

I might have to change the BOC wording to smaller lettering - might be a tad too big.

Dam, need those 2x2 DBG tiles......interior coming along nicely....sorry no photos - camera's batteries are flat.

Still triming to be done here on part three, then part four....whew !

Comments welcome and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet: