legolijntje

[KEY TOPIC] Official Lego sets made in LDraw

But I think the shadows are a bit "sharp".

Sorry, next time I will use better POV-RAY settings.

8374 Williams F1 Team Racer [Williams F1, 2003]

8374%20Williams%20F1%20Team%20Racer.png

LDR file

Errors:

- Motor does not have Dark Grey colouring (missing assembly from LDraw)

- Missing stickers / correct printing

@konze: I like the work you've put into getting an entire subtheme built and rendered, and they've come out looking really nice.

Errors:

- Missing Ice Planet visor

This part was actually included in the 2012-01 LDraw part update. As LDraw.org is down at the moment, if you need the visor then I've uploaded it.

But I think the shadows are a bit "sharp".

As I've added a section on radiosity, which is what I'm using for my current renders, it might be worth trying this out for your renders. My custom lg_color.inc file should also give you more accurate looking trans neon orange parts.

40044 Lawnmower [Monthly Mini Model Build, June 2012]

40044%20Lawnmower.png

LDR file

Notes:

Although the instructions do not show the black tile with clip attached upside down, the promotional photos of the model do, so I have included it here.

That one does remind me I have some MMMB's for uploading too. I'll try to do them today/tomorrow :classic:

9674 Naboo Starfighter & Naboo [star Wars: Planet Series 1, 2012]

9674%20Naboo%20Starfighter%20%26%20Naboo.png

MPD file

Errors:

- Missing 2x 98107 Cylinder Hemisphere 11 x 11, Studs on Top

- Missing correct printing

9675 Sebulba's Podracer & Tatooine [star Wars: Planet Series 1, 2012]

9675%20Sebulba%27s%20Podracer%20%26%20Tatooine.png

MPD file

Errors:

- Missing 1x sw326 Sebulba

9676 TIE Interceptor & Death Star [star Wars: Planet Series 1, 2012]

9676%20TIE%20Interceptor%20%26%20Death%20Star.png

MPD file

Errors:

- Missing 1x 87556pb02 Minifig Helmet SW Stormtrooper, TIE Defender Pilot Pattern

9677 X-wing Starfighter & Yavin 4 [star Wars: Planet Series 2, 2012]

9677%20X-wing%20Starfighter%20%26%20Yavin%204.png

MPD file

Errors:

9678 Twin-Pod Cloud Car & Bespin [star Wars: Planet Series 2, 2012]

9678%20Twin-Pod%20Cloud%20Car%20%26%20Bespin.png

MPD file

Errors:

9679 AT-ST & Endor [star Wars: Planet Series 2, 2012]

9679%20AT-ST%20%26%20Endor.png

MPD file

Errors:

- Missing 1x 92738 Minifig Gun SW Blaster Small

I find the colours very difficult to decipher when looking at the instructions of newer sets as there are so many varieties of reds, blues, etc that I don't know which one to choose. That's why I have been a bit hesitant in working on the newer Pirates and Castle sets. Is there anyway that I can know what the colour is for certain?

I find the colours very difficult to decipher when looking at the instructions of newer sets as there are so many varieties of reds, blues, etc that I don't know which one to choose. Is there anyway that I can know what the colour is for certain?

I normally check BrickLink for a set's part inventory, if it's not too new, as the colour names match those of LDraw. That way you'll at least know which colours are used in a set.

6755-1 Sheriff's Lock-up [Western, 1996]

7372112414_c151f26791_z.jpg

6755-1.ldr

Errors:

- Missing Prisoner's head

- Missing Outlaw's head

- Missing Sheriff's Head

- Missing safe door

- Missing window stickers

- Missing wanted sign

- Missing sheriff sticker

PS: This time I've used other POV-Ray settings. But how can I avoid the black background?

Edited by konze

PS: This time I've used other POV-Ray settings. But how can I avoid the black background?

Darn it! I wanted to work on the Western sets once I was done with the Castle ones. :tongue:

You can avoid the black background by using fog or by making your background transparent entirely as I did in my renders.

See C3POwen's guide for rendering models in POV-Ray. Your renders are looking good though. :thumbup:

Edited by Palathadric

Darn it! I wanted to work on the Western sets once I was done with the Castle ones. :tongue:

My next project is "6765 Gold City Junction". Feel free to build the other sets of the Western theme.

I normally check BrickLink for a set's part inventory, if it's not too new, as the colour names match those of LDraw. That way you'll at least know which colours are used in a set.

Thanks, C3POwen. I never went on bricklink before, besides maybe once, but this is a big help.

5983 Undercover Cruiser [space Police III, 2010]

5983%20Undercover%20Cruiser.png

MPD file (not all submodels shown, but included in file)

Errors:

- Missing 1x 85959px1 Wave Rounded Large (Flame) with Marbled Trans-Yellow Pattern

- Missing 1x 87781 Minifig Helmet Space

- Missing 1x 92553pb01 Minifig Head Modified Jawson with Fins and Teeth

- Missing correct printing / stickers

Wow, C3POwen, you're making these models with the speed of light :tongue:

I have still some completed models, but, I'm so busy... :cry_sad:

Where do you guys download the instructions for building these models? I don't believe Lego.com has the instructions for the older sets. I used to download them at worldbricks.com, from where I actually discovered EB, but I just wanted to know where the rest of you get yours as worldbricks does't seem to have them all. :classic: I figure you don't have them all in hard copy.

Edited by Palathadric

5984 Lunar Limo [space Police III, 2010]

5984%20Lunar%20Limo.png

Errors:

- Missing 1x 87781 Minifig Helmet Space

- Missing 1x 90322 Minifig Head Modified Jagged Bottom Edge

- Missing 1x 90322pb01 Minifig Head Modified Jagged Bottom Edge with Eyes Pattern

- Missing 1x 92553pb01 Minifig Head Modified Jawson with Fins and Teeth

- Missing stickers / correct printing

Wow, C3POwen, you're making these models with the speed of light :tongue:

Mainly they're models that have been half-finished, such as Darth Vader's TIE Fighter. Rendering is the bit that seems to take forever!

Where do you guys download the instructions for building these models? I don't believe Lego.com has the instructions for the older sets. I used to download them at worldbricks.com, from where I actually discovered EB, but I just wanted to know where the rest of you get yours as worldbricks does't seem to have them all. :classic: I figure you don't have them all in hard copy.

I tend to go via Brickset. If there are no official PDF instructions for the older sets, the "Links" tab for each set has an "Instructions" section with a link to Peeron, which has a lot of scans of older sets. Failing that, I'll also go to BrickFactory.

I tend to go via Brickset. If there are no official PDF instructions for the older sets, the "Links" tab for each set has an "Instructions" section with a link to Peeron, which has a lot of scans of older sets. Failing that, I'll also go to BrickFactory.

Ah, thank you C3POwen. I had only been on Brickset once, so I had forgotten that they had the instructions on there. worldbricks.com seems to have not been updated in a long time. :sceptic:

7959 Geonosian Starfighter [star Wars: The Clone Wars, 2011]

7959%20Geonosian%20Starfighter.png

Errors:

- Missing 1x 61189pb04 Minifig Helmet SW Clone Trooper with Holes, Orange Stripe Pattern

- Missing 1x 61190c Minifig Helmet Visor SW Clone Trooper

- Missing 2x 61190d Minifig Helmet Rangefinder for Helmet SW Clone Trooper with Holes

- Missing 2x 61190e Minifig Helmet Floodlight for Helmet SW Clone Trooper with Holes

- Missing 1x 92751pb01 Minifig Head Modified Geonosian with Black Eyes Pattern

- Missing 1x 92753pb01 Minifig Headdress SW Cerean Skull Top with White Ponytail Hair Ki-Adi-Mundi Pattern

9497 Republic Striker-class Starfighter [star Wars, 2012]

9497%20Republic%20Striker-class%20Starfighter.png

The wings pivot correctly on the main part of the fighter, and the cannons pivot correctly on the wings (see below image).

Errors:

- Missing 1x 92081 Minifig Hair Combed Front to Rear

The Striker-class starfighter with closed wings:

9497%20Republic%20Striker-class%20Starfighter%20%5Bclosed%5D.png

7347 Highway Pickup (Model A) [Creator, 2012]

7347%20Highway%20Pickup%20%5BModel%20A%5D.png

MPD file

For those wondering on render times for an image like this, with complex transparent parts (windscreens, light bricks) and the use of radiosity, the render time at 3200x1800 was... wait for it... 8 hours 31 minutes and 37 seconds.

Test renders were, of course, much quicker, as they were rendered at a low resolution with fast, low-quality radiosity settings.

For those wondering on render times for an image like this, with complex transparent parts (windscreens, light bricks) and the use of radiosity, the render time at 3200x1800 was... wait for it... 8 hours 31 minutes and 37 seconds.

I promptly died on the spot when reading this. Just to let you guys know, I'm almost done working on the Castle sets and will render them as time permits. :classic: