Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

FABULAND Train Station

builders_guild.gif

And another one from this year's Brickworld:

The FABULAND Train Station

01.jpg

Again, I apologize for the quality of the pics. This was a quick setup in my parents' basement before flying home to California after a long vacation where I found out I'd be heading to Malaysia three weeks later for four months for work. I have two weeks left here! Anyway, this was built fast before the convention, shipped by UPS and therefore pulverized along with my entire display, and rebuilt during a 24 hour building frenzy that included me trying to do my job as MOC card coordinator for Brickworld. I was a mess, but tried to remain non-snappy. Not sure I succeeded. :laugh:

Full Gallery on BrickZone

All of my FABULAND creations

Some more pics of the Train Station:

I think the clock is the most successful feature on the station. At least it's the feature I'm happiest with:

10.jpg

I also like this door, however it does not open. :blush: You can also see the empty space above the door and there's no back or much of anything inside. Like I said, it was a quick build and this was meant to be taken apart and put back together quickly and travel flat. This went back together the easiest because it's just posts, panels, and roofs...

15.jpg

Ticket booth and an odd example of bad photography. Why are we tilting?

08.jpg

Not sure this waiting area is very successful. I wanted to use more FABULAND pieces in there, but maybe it's a little forced. I also didn't want it to be completely symmetrical and a waiting area was all I could think of in a classic train station like this.

06.jpg

Enjoy and, as always, feel free to leave feedback. Thanks :sweet:

06.jpg

Wow. You've got a lot of pieces going on there that I don't recognize. Can you tell us some of the sets you cannibalized to make this?

I don't know what comes in sets anymore. Tell me which pieces and I'll identify them for you through bricklink. We'll figure this out together. :laugh:

Specifically the white heart arches, the center of the clock, and the crimson slopes in the towers.

The slopes make me think of Harry Potter, but I have none of them, and the arches might be Fabuland or Belleville.

They give a lot of character to the piece.

That's really cool! Well done!

I've obviously been living under a pretty large rock for the last couple of years and did not realize people (well, at least one) build Fabuland MOCs. I find it neat! And well done! I like the fact it's a real world house with the Fabuland figs, unlike the bright colored Fabuland-world (which is more like Teletubbies {or being nice, Edward Scissorhands}).

And you're Swedish too, or at least lives in Sweden (when not abroad)!?

Another nice Fabuland MOC, but I agree about some pieces looking "forced", especially evident with the two 2x6x5 ornamented arches placed next to each other like that, though the combination with the Fabuland fence works well. A better solution there might have been to leave some room between the arch pieces.

[...] but tried to remain non-snappy. Not sure I succeeded. :laugh:

You didn't :laugh: But still, pulling off that layout from the pulverized mess that UPS brought you was really amazing, personally I'd just have given up and gotten drunk instead.

Specifically the white heart arches, the center of the clock, and the crimson slopes in the towers.

The slopes make me think of Harry Potter, but I have none of them, and the arches might be Fabuland or Belleville.

Being rude enough to answer these questions, hopefully Hinckley can forgive me for that :laugh:

"heart arches" are this piece, which has been used in both Fabuland and Belville sets.

The center of the clock is from the second Hogwarts castle set.

The crimson slopes are 1x5x4 inverted arches from 7029 Skeleton Ship Attack.

And you're Swedish too, or at least lives in Sweden (when not abroad)!?

That's an elaborate ruse. I'm actually in California. Sorry to tease you. :blush:

Another nice Fabuland MOC, but I agree about some pieces looking "forced", especially evident with the two 2x6x5 ornamented arches placed next to each other like that, though the combination with the Fabuland fence works well. A better solution there might have been to leave some room between the arch pieces.

That's a good suggestion. I should try that. I didn't want it to look symmetrical, but I made the measurements symmetrical. :wacko:

You didn't :laugh: But still, pulling off that layout from the pulverized mess that UPS brought you was really amazing, personally I'd just have given up and gotten drunk instead.

Meh, if I snapped at you, it's only because you deserved it. :tongue:

Being rude enough to answer these questions, hopefully Hinckley can forgive me for that :laugh:

"heart arches" ...eleton Ship Attack.

:cry_sad: I wanted to be the one conversing!

Another impressive Fabuland creation Hinckley! default_thumbup.gif Great use of the HP clock piece, the clock is definitely the 'star' of this build.

Thank you, sir! :sweet:

Well it worked and I learned a new word (ruse)! :classic:

Your avatar kind of creeps me out. Very Brothers Quay. Is it a snake-sheep?

Hello!

Again, an outstanding addition for your Fabuland town! :classic: There are many things I like here. For example the columns with the door rail plates. It's a great example of how to make an efficient decoration to a column with simple pieces. :classic: Furthermore I appreciate that you used single 1 x X plates for the stage planks instead large plates. This fits well together with brick-built walls. It woul be great to see a scene together with yout Trolley train wagon. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wow! Even though this would not fit in with any official Fabuland, this is perfect for your town. Just the right amount of detail, and I love the overall shape :thumbup:

Now make a Fabuland Train! :devil:

Edited by prateek

I love fabuland figs. I'm thinking about ordering a lot of them off of eBay or bricklink one day.

Eitherway, I love the station, specifically that door. I love how its smooth and tiled yet cross sectioned to look like real planks of wood. Really nice.

Great Fabuland train station, Hinckley. :thumbup:

I really like the colors you used, tan and dark red looks great.

And the overall look is really nice, well done. :cry_happy:

I should really build some Fabuland mocs it looks great, although I have many figures, I don't really have much Fabuland specific piece and accessories. :sad:

the Inventor

awesome build hinckley,love ya style definetly so eighties glamour meets new tech(bricks & colors) best combination ever hugs!

Edited by AL FREDDO