Choose your favorite monster  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite

• Tygurah
    • Yeti
    • Jun-Chi
    • They all look like crap!

The Ugly

Last of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly polls: choose your favorite Adventure monster.

I decided not to include dinos as these could be part of a completely different poll as well as the Gold Dragon from 7419 (Dragon Fortress) which may tie in with something better.

Only three choices for this poll:

monsters2.jpg

Hmmmm... Tough choice... I think these monsters bring down the Orient Expedition theme. They're kinda oversized and dumb lookin in my over opinionated opinion...

Where is the option "they all look like crap" ??

Since its not available, I will have to go for Jun-Chi. At least it has this Chinese looks and can be used in a Museum Moc or as statues in a Bigger Chinese Temple ;-)

I like this asian feel in Adventurers *y*

*yoda*

I think they added an element of fantasy to the OE theme and made the sets a little more fun for children. The alternative would be technic or bionicle creatures which I'm not real fond of (like the Viking Wolf).

We could add the "They all look crap" option but Brickster might not like that!

Yes, they did add an element of fantasy to the Orient Expedition theme but they somehow remind of those toys that are given to babies to suck on...

Go ahead and add the choice if you can Phes. Appears that you and Yoda agree on this one. No offense taken.

Why would we do that ?? Its your poll !! Its not because we have the power to change your poll that we will !!

I was just expressing what I thought about those three "creatures" !! I think that the fact they are built in the same way makes them really similar !!

However, I agree with you Brickster on the fact that they add an element of fantasy !! They could have been way better though !! Look at the Golden Dragon (the one you intentionally left out): its a good exemple of a good creature with very few parts ;-)

*yoda*

I usually add at least an other category, but since there are only three, I did not. It also interests me to see how many others share your opinion, that's why I don't mind if the choice is added.

I think the Golden Dragon would win hands-down, part of why I did not include with this selection.

1.Jun-Chi- most menacing and works perfect as an asian demon of some sort (no idea what though, definetly not Oni). Really cool.

2.Yeti- most useful, good for fantasy too. He doesnt look evil either, just... hairy.

3.Tygurah- the only one I got, I still wonder what to use it for.

I like these additions to adventurers, especially the Yeti since it reminds me of Tintin. I read alot of Tintin as a kid so that was the first thing I thought of when adventurers got out.

Jun-Chi being the most detailed one of them.

KimT

I chose Jun-Chi for pretty much the reasons already mentioned :-P Actually some detail, it could work VERY nicely in a museum (I hadn't even thought of that!), and at least the color makes it look less...childish I guess

They were all terrible (my own humble opinion ;-) ) and brought the line down. I went for Tygurah because you can salvage 3 useable pieces in that unique orange from him (and throw the rest in the 'useless parts bin').

God Bless,

Nathan

I voted for the Yeti, as I think it would be the most usable for me, but if there was a "they all look like crap", I probably would've voted that.

Who wants to change their vote to "They all look like crap"?

If so tell me what you originally voted for and then I'll do the change...

Phes, do not venture out of Pirates, its really not your element X-D :-P

Unfortunatly there is no Lego Wampa as of now !! We can only hope for one !! And there are no Taun-Tauns either !! But Jabba was released in two sets (Jabba's palacre and Sailbarge)...

*yoda*

Jun chi as a monster in the sets. I like the Tigrah head piece though and will make a MOC with it in the future. You will all like it I am sure.

I must agree all these monsters are a disappointment and look rather poor. However I choose Yeti as he looks the least silly of them all (and it's NOT because Yeti is the only one of those three that I own).

Phes, do not venture out of Pirates, its really not your element X-D :-P

No its definitely not... However, we haven't quite reached a piratical utopia here, so until such exists I'll have to diversify myself amongst all history themes.

Who wants to change their vote to "They all look like crap"?

If so tell me what you originally voted for and then I'll do the change...

Oh! ME! ME! X-D though it will involve removing Tygurah's only vote...

God Bless,

Nathan

somehow remind of those toys that are given to babies to suck on...
HA !!! well put, and i agree... and would vote for "they all look like crap" but that isn't the question brickster asked... he asked to pick a favorite... and though they all look ridiculous, i can definietly put them in some kind of "favorites" order.

so i'll choose the yeti.

- brickminer

The Yeti, hands down. He's pretty well done. The other two are horrible. I wish Lego would have spent the money to make an actual tiger mold rather than the stupid Tygurah. I am pretty sure I won't be able to find a use for the Jun-Chi and Tygurah, but the Yeti will likely appear in a JT story... someday....

Steve

somehow remind of those toys that are given to babies to suck on...
HA !!! well put, and i agree... and would vote for "they all look like crap" but that isn't the question brickster asked... he asked to pick a favorite...

He also said he is curious to know who else thinks they're crap. So, Mr Norro your request shall be granted if it hasn't already!