Sign in to follow this  
Chuck

Review: 6111 Racers - Street Chase

indexed.gif

Just to clarify this, I did not get this in the US, but when I was in Paris a few weeks ago, but I just held this off mostly because of laziness. Anyways, enjoy!

Fat Trax

dscn0592.jpg

dscn0595.jpg

dscn0596.jpg

A few useful lime peices in this one. It's okay but not my favorite. I don't know why it would be an a street race though.

Road Hero

dscn0597.jpg

dscn0598.jpg

dscn0599.jpg

Simple, but it works well. The stickers are REALLY EASY to apply. My only gripe is that the back of the cabin is a little bland. I might make a trailer to go with this.

Blue Renegade

dscn0600.jpg

dscn0601.jpg

dscn0602.jpg

I like this one a lot. This is easily one of my favorite tiny turbos. Lots of 1x1 slopes.

Highway Enforcer

dscn0603.jpg

dscn0604.jpg

dscn0605.jpg

dscn0607.jpg

I like this one just as much as the Blue Renegade. Both of them go really well next to eachother. The license plate detail is my favorite sticker on this.

Group Shot

dscn0610.jpg

Verdict:9/10

I really like this set. Great parts. I do wish that the two other tiny turbos were used instead of Fat Trax and Road Hero. Otherwise, I suggest buying this set if you see it.

-l2k-

I really liked your reveiw but one question:Was all this in one box or did you buy these seperat.

6111 Highway Chase or whatever the name is includes all 4 sets...

I have this and I really like it - except that I have difficulty finding out where to put the two silver stickers for the green racer :-| Maybe it's just me X-D

Nice review and great pics.

KimT

Finally our dear L2K overcame his laziness to gratify us with a great review :-P ;-)

Really neat review L2k :-) I really love those racers for parts !! I never build any because of all the stupid stickers !!

At least during the first wave of racers, some parts were printed ;-)

Play on !!

*yoda*

Good review, not overcomplicated and covered the nice details on the sets. This set looks like an excellent parts pack, how much did cost? And would you recommend it to someone who doesn't really buy vehicle sets?

Good review, not overcomplicated and covered the nice details on the sets. This set looks like an excellent parts pack, how much did cost? And would you recommend it to someone who doesn't really buy vehicle sets?

Well, I'm not too familiar with the exchange rate, but I would make a guess of 23 USD. The set is a definate yes for those who don't like vehicle sets. As with any lego set, use the peices for something else. Plus, it includes the later released (?) blue renegade and highway enforcer.

-l2k-

It seems to me, that with Highway Enforcer, they could have Easily replaced the big rear bumper sticker, with a printed 1*2 tile for the licence plate, and some standard trans red 1*1 tiles for the tail lights....

Stickers.... not nice...

In Hungary, this cost about 30% less than buying the 4 separately. No plastic boxes, just clear plastic bags inside the box: no problem for me.

I really like all the models. I think this is Lego at its most creative - building cool little things with just a handful of parts. Nice colours, too, and (having just re-discovered the brick after 15+ years) a lot of interesting "new" parts.

Road Hero is my favourite of the whole Tiny Turbo series, although it's a bit of an oddball - a regular truck among all those tuner cars! Well, maybe it's pimped up a bit with all the chrome... :-D

I usually "race" Fat Trax against 8642 Monster Crusher and Blue Renegade against 8661 Carbon Star.

I snagged that cop car for $3.50 the other day. Great parts pack.

...I wonder what I should do with these stickers. I hate stickers. But at least they're not printing on the parts themselves. That's something they should do only on RARE occasion.

lols,

Ya know, here in the USA I dont think I've ever seen this set available.

Seeing as how the 2007 Racers are showing up in shelves, maybe it got skipped in this country...

a shame too, since they do sound cheaper without the useless plastic tub...

Anyone know about a possible/not USA release?

lols,

Ya know, here in the USA I dont think I've ever seen this set available.

Seeing as how the 2007 Racers are showing up in shelves, maybe it got skipped in this country...

a shame too, since they do sound cheaper without the useless plastic tub...

Anyone know about a possible/not USA release?

I was pretty suprised when I saw it, and was glad I took the opportunity.

-l2k-