Superkalle

[KEY TOPIC] LDD 4 Bugs and brick errors

First on the Gear Wheel Problem. You are right :thumbup: . I tried fitting the Red Wheel (perpendicular position) when it is over the toothed bar (not on the end but in the middle) and then LDD also does not allow it to fit. So I agree the problem is probably in the Gear Wheel instead of in the Toothed Bar.

I reported this to TLG and got a reply. It seems that after internal investigation, it turns out that it's an illegal build, so nothing wrong in LDD or in the bricks. This also means they won't "fix" the bricks in LDD, so the best option is probably to just leave out the cogwheel in the LXF-model and make a note about this in your post.

I reported this to TLG and got a reply. It seems that after internal investigation, it turns out that it's an illegal build, so nothing wrong in LDD or in the bricks. This also means they won't "fix" the bricks in LDD, so the best option is probably to just leave out the cogwheel in the LXF-model and make a note about this in your post.

Thanx, Superkalle! I find it very good to hear that TLG actually and seriously looks into these kind of things. :thumbup:

As for the LXF, I intend to leave in the cogwheel (it can be made to fit plus I think we should try to make LXFs as complete as possible), but I will add a note that it will not fit in every position since it is illegal build confirmed by TLG.

Evo appears to have been sabotaged! :oh3: I'd say either Black Phantom or Toxic Reapa are behind these two dastardly bugs (Arachnix drones, maybe?).

First of all, the piece on the bottom half of Evo's launcher is modeled incorrectly. Black Phantom probably stole the proper piece while Evo was being refitted!

Secondly, using the Hinge tool, try rotating either a chain link or a cuff element while it's in the Hero Cuffs assembly. Rather than rotating, those pieces shrink! *huh* Then they return to normal size, but out of position. :wacko:

Download the LXF file here, but watch out for any nearby Arachnix drones! :devil: With Evo's launcher and Hero Cuffs out of commission, he can't defend you until they're fixed!

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Evo appears to have been sabotaged! :oh3: I'd say either Black Phantom or Toxic Reapa are behind these two dastardly bugs (Arachnix drones, maybe?).

First of all, the piece on the bottom half of Evo's launcher is modeled incorrectly. Black Phantom probably stole the proper piece while Evo was being refitted!

Secondly, using the Hinge tool, try rotating either a chain link or a cuff element while it's in the Hero Cuffs assembly. Rather than rotating, those pieces shrink! *huh* Then they return to normal size, but out of position. :wacko:

Download the LXF file here, but watch out for any nearby Arachnix drones! :devil: With Evo's launcher and Hero Cuffs out of commission, he can't defend you until they're fixed!

-Toa Of Justice

It's Toxic Reapa that's behind this. I know it :laugh:

Seriously though - both bugs have been discovered earlier and are reported to TLG.

It's Toxic Reapa that's behind this. I know it :laugh:

Seriously though - both bugs have been discovered earlier and are reported to TLG.

Thanks for reporting those bugs, Superkalle! :thumbup:

Shame on you, Toxic Reapa! :angry: Your days as a sludge-wielding, Hero-sabotaging fugitive are numbered... :devil:

And shame on you, Black Phantom! :angry: I'm sure it was you who made it impossible for the foot piece to attach to Rocka's back properly... :hmpf_bad:

The two connector pins off to the sides are supposed to be used to attach the foot, but for some reason, the foot won't snap onto Rocka's back! :oh3: How will he fight Black Phantom now? (Perhaps this lady can help...)

Rocka's LXF File

-Toa Of Justice

I am having trouble with my gears meshing at right angles. Is there a way that someone can do it for me? I saw someone that you can view others models through digital designer. How do I do that so someone can mesh the gears for me? Thanks.

@ matthewclso: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: Meshing Lego Technic gears in LDD is tricky -- one uses the LDD "Rotation Tool". Zblj is the best at meshing LDD gears, but I have some practice and could probably do it for you. If you want to e-mail me your LDD .lxf file at LudersDG@MSN.com , I'll try to fix it and e-mail you the updated file back.

What is the file name? Would it be what it says at the top of the window? I have named it "Avatar Battle Helicopter" and it says Avatar Battle Helicopter.lxf

Would that be the file name?

@ matthewclso: Yes, that is the file name. Lego Digital Designer building files always have the .lxf extension.

Also, when I put a motor on, it has the motor with part of the wire and the plug unconnected with the motor, both ends have a green arrow. Is it supposed to be like this and will it look like this when the model is done? Thanks.

I'll look at that too, if you e-mail your LDD .lxf file to me at LudersDG@MSN.com . I'm waiting for it now....

EDIT: The LDD Power Functions wires have those green arrows; the digital wire does not extend from one Power Functions element to another. Yes, the green arrows will remain when you are done with the virtual model.

Edited by DLuders

@ matthewclso: Yes, I got your e-mail. Check your e-mail for my reply.

P.S. When newcomers like you have 10-or-more posts on Eurobricks, you can send Eurobricks Private Messages (PMs) to other Eurobricks users. Back-and-forth banter like we've had above is not that interesting for others to follow, but we are forced to do so in this case....

The two connector pins off to the sides are supposed to be used to attach the foot, but for some reason, the foot won't snap onto Rocka's back! :oh3: How will he fight Black Phantom now?

I fixed him (I hope)....now he's ready for battle :-)

6202_rocka_fixed.lxf

Two bugs that i recently found:

part 4150 and 14769 doesn't fit anymore with part 11833.

b-4150-14769-11833.jpg

and part 4276 cannot be used as 4275 in this imagen

b-4276.jpg

Edited by Kroom

Bug with 4.3.8 that just got released a few days ago. If you used LDD Extended mode, a minifig head (any blank will do), and use decoration tool you get a pop up window with scroll bar.

Default viewing angle of the heads: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Lego-0taku/ldd/scroll_1.jpg scroll bar works properly.

However the scroll does not work if you changed the view of the heads (right-click to change viewing angle of the heads). I can move the bar but the decorated head image will not scroll at all. I have to close it, open again, scroll then change head view to see better.

head viewing angle changed: http://www.brickshel...dd/scroll_2.jpg scroll bar moves but the head does not scroll.

Edited by Lego Otaku

Interesting error Lego Otaku. I got the same problem just now, only I didn't have to change the view of the heads....it wouldn't scroll even in the the "default" view.

Then I closed the view, rotated the scene a bit and did something else in LDD...and now it works - also after rotating the heads.

I think there may be a discontinuity in the code between changing head view and scrolling that is causing the bug?

Just annoying but it doesn't break LDD. Just close it, retry, and eventually the desired head will be found.

PS I wish there is a way to set the heads in default position, straight on face and not bird's eye view. We all know what the top of the head looks like, it makes looking at the face a bit harder.

For some time now,There are also some problems with minifig part compatibility, The Ringwraith cape can't be used with any of the three hoods, and General Zod's body armor can't be worn with Kryptonian helmets. Also there are some weird issues with colouring multicoloured parts, namely: CMF Classic alien's head, CMF/Galaxy Squad Mech armor, Squidman's/CMF Alien's head, and Eeth Koth/Agen Kolar Hair.

Edited by Eggyslav

Hello,

in LDD 4.3.8

part no. 73200 (MINI LOWER PART)

won't attach to

part no. 6141 (PLATE 1x1 ROUND)

also

part no. 73200 (MINI LOWER PART)

won't attach to

part no. 85861 (PL.ROUND 1x1 W.THROUGHG.HOLE)

It both should work in real life, and it worked in a previous version (LDD 4.3.6).

screen001bjs6d.png

Minifigs legs somehow still attach to any other studs, e. g. part no. 3023.

screen0028wshz.png

I created many files with Minifigs on top of round plates. I use them as minifig shoes ;-)

When I open the files I created previously in LDD 4.3.6, these bricks are removed since LDD considers them to be placed incorrectly.

Edited by legofreak_85

...and the funny thing I've noticed is that if you turn the feet the other way around, it will suddenly work. It will also work sometimes if you fiddle around with the round 1x1 plates (move them aroumd, flip them 180 degress etc). Suddenly they will snap on.

Anyway, I've reported all errors found so far to the LDD Team. Let's hope for a fix update early 2014.

For some time now,There are also some problems with minifig part compatibility, The Ringwraith cape can't be used with any of the three hoods, and General Zod's body armor can't be worn with Kryptonian helmets. Also there are some weird issues with colouring multicoloured parts, namely: CMF Classic alien's head, CMF/Galaxy Squad Mech armor, Squidman's/CMF Alien's head, and Eeth Koth/Agen Kolar Hair.

Same with the Boba Fett helmet - trying to colour the "jaw" shading areas can be a real pain in the rear, and the worst thing is, LDD doesn't seem to be consistent about which colour combinations (ie, on the jawline and the mask front) it will allow you to use. One some occasions, you can re-open a saved file and suddenly find it has decided it doesn't "like" the colours you selected previously. :angry: