RoryoCox

The Passing of Dan Jezek

Wow, that is pretty young but that does sadden me quite a bit. It's such a wonderful site and it stinks not being able to say thanks for the hard work...

Life can be like a deck of cards and then you get dealt the wrong hand, 33 is too young, but what did he achieve in those 33 years....he created one of the most visited Lego websites in the world.

So sad, ...not much more to add than my own condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Dan Jezek :sadnew:

Rest in peace Dan... :cry_sad:

Thanks so much for your contributions to the LEGO community. There would be far fewer great MOCs without Bricklink.

This is quite a shock. What terrible news :sad: .

He certainly wont be forgotten.

Having just recently come out of my dark ages, I have found Bricklink to be an invaluable resource, visiting nearly every day. I could not imagine what the AFOL community would be like without Bricklink. Although I did not know about him until now, I can't help but feel that the Lego community has lost something great. I send my condolences to his family.

R.I.P. Dan Jezek

I don't use Bricklink, but I intend to start using it in a couple of years. Nevertheless, it's too bad to lose its founder already.

Its really sad to see a great websites owner pass so young. :sadnew:

I have never used bricklink but I do intend to use it, once I get a part time job to get some money rolling in for me. Its such a great site, simple layout, great selection in bricks and new sets and some really generous sellers. He sure left a great impact on the AFOL community and a great legacy.

He will surely me missed.

It is sad to hear that another contributor and influential person to our hobby has left to early.

When I read this news, it came to my mind that the creator of the digital Lego (LDRAW), James Jessiman, died also much too young. I wish and I am sure that in the same way people remember James, Dan's legacy will live on in the community and Bricklink keeps supplying TFOLs and AFOLs all over the world with the parts needed.

BL is a great idea and it is good to see it ever evolving!

It is just sad to come to know the people behind those great sites during tragic moments.

Rest in Peace!

fW

I made my first Bricklink purchase only a month or so ago. I had never heard of Dan before today, but I too feel someone who gave a lot of people happiness through his efforts has been lost too early.

Thoughts to the Jesek family.

Although I didn't know Dan, I use his website daily and feel grateful for what he has done for the Lego community.

I wish everyone who knew Dan all the strength to get through these tough times.

Sad to hear about Dan's passing.

Not only BrickLink it a great place to buy and sell LEGO but its the largest online database of LEGO parts and sets in the world (if a part exists, theres a good chance BrickLink can tell you where to get one or even sell you some)

I was very sad (and still is) when i saw the announcement

I check that website almost every day, changed my AFOL life.

RIP Dan

my condolences to his family

I only made a few purchases from Bricklink buy I always found it to be a wonderful resource.

I'm very sorry for the loss of Dan and I wish his family all the best and send my condolences.

Rest in peace, Dan.

-A.S.

Edited by AwesomeStar

RIP Dan,he died so young... :sad::sadnew: I dont buy from Bricklink ,but its wonderful site!

Rest in peace.

My Condolences to his family! I am so very greatful for his work and what he have done for fans all around the globe.

He will be missed, and I will think even more of what a great place he created on Bricklink whenever I visit that place.

Rest in peace Dan, your amazing idea brought the child that once lived back out from inside me and re-introduced me to a world that I thought was long lost to me as an adult. Through your amazing work with Bricklink I have been able to re-live my childhood and have been able to bring a new piece of happiness and joy to my life.

I picked up an old Lego catalogue that I found in my cupboard about 3 years ago and saw some of the old trains that I once only wished I could have when I was a child. I decided to type in the model number on the internet to see if I could find it and up came Bricklink......3 years on and many, many thousands of dollars later my life has been given an extra piece of happiness that I could only have dreamt of before Bricklink.

I will always remember you for your contribution to my life despite not ever knowing you. :cry_happy:

My condolences go out to all of his family and friends.

Peter

Melbourne, Australia

danthanks1.jpg

danthanks2.jpg

Edited by Brickaroo

Sad news indeed... without Bricklink I think many of us would find building MOC's so much harder, so in a way I guess each and every MOC made with bricks from BL (and the fun and enjoyment they bring) should act as a tribute to Dan.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Greg

A truly sad day indeed. Dan's site has probably contributed more to the AFOL community than anyone can imagine. To lose him so young is tragic.

My heart goes out to his family.