Sign in to follow this  
Toa_Of_Justice

The Googol

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello racing fans! :classic:

A googol is 10 multiplied by itself 100 times, or 10^100. I was inspired by the number "1932" in Fire Brigade to build 10^100 in LEGO form one day, then I got the idea to build a race car around it! I now present...

The Googol

Click on any of the following images to enlarge them.

00_googol_ldd4_small.png

Slick new image courtesy of LDD 4.0

02_main2_sm.png

03_cockpit_sm.png

10_top_sm.png

Remember the ruby from the Adventurers (Desert) line? Many years after the ruby was found, scientists discovered that it contained a tremendous amount of energy--enough to power a vehicle for a googol miles (even at a steady speed of 200 mph!)--hence the car's number. (Eat it, gasoline! :tongue: )

The spoiler and rear tail lights fold out of the way to let the engine cover open all the way.

04_ec_open_sm.png

05_ruby_sm.png

My spoiler design is infinitely adjustable (but LDD's darn hinge controls made these pictures hard to take! :wacko: ). Here are a few examples:

06_spo_norm_sm.png

Spoiler in normal position

07_spo_flat_sm.png

Spoiler flattened

08_spo_db_flat_sm.png

Spoiler drawn back and flattened

09_spo_db_inc_sm.png

Spoiler drawn back and inclined

LXF File - Brickshelf Gallery (when public)

(Note: You may need to rename the LXF file with an .lxf extension and save it as "All Files," otherwise it may save as a .zip folder.)

I'm not expecting a googol comments, as that would probably overload EB's server! :tongue: Some comments would be nice though! :sweet:

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: Whoops! I almost forgot to give credit to Superkalle for LEGO Universe mode.

Edited by Rufus
indexed

I like the design. At first I didn't like the spoiler but I think it's just because the connecting arms are black. otherwise it's a solid design. Nice work.

I like the design. At first I didn't like the spoiler but I think it's just because the connecting arms are black. otherwise it's a solid design. Nice work.

Wow, you're fast! Did you drive my new MOC over here? :grin:

Anyway, thanks for the quick response. :thumbup: Actually, the connecting arms are dark bluish gray. I could change them to a different color and update the LXF file if you'd like that. :classic:

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Very cool design.

Really sleek, looks like a real speed demon! Nice build, appreciate the attention to detail. Love to see this one in bricks! :thumbup:

Nice LDD design Toa_of_Justice! The red-white color scheme looks really cool, as well as the folding spoilers. Though I think the front part is less-bulky compared to the whole body. Still, great work! :thumbup:

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! :thumbup:

Very cool design.

Really sleek, looks like a real speed demon! Nice build, appreciate the attention to detail. Love to see this one in bricks! :thumbup:

Unfortunately, the windscreen doesn't exist in trans-red yet. :sad: If it ever shows up in that color, I just might try making a real-world version of the Googol.

Great design! I like how you managed the SNOT into a relatively small MOC! :thumbup:

It was a little tricky at first. I can only imagine how the designer(s) of the Fire Brigade must have felt as they incorporated the "1932" in that set.

Nice LDD design Toa_of_Justice! The red-white color scheme looks really cool, as well as the folding spoilers. Though I think the front part is less-bulky compared to the whole body. Still, great work! :thumbup:

There's just one spoiler in the rear. :look: The lack of bulk in the front is intended to keep up the sleekness of the overall model.

-Toa Of Justice

P.S. I just added a new picture to the intro post that shows off the pattern on the top surfaces of the Googol.

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Thanks for the comments, everyone! :thumbup:

To celebrate the launch of LDD 4.0, I updated the first post with a brand-new picture. Check it out! :grin:

-Toa Of Justice