Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

Rocky Reef Hideout

Hi there, I was trying out a few bridge methods this morning for a large moc I have planned, and I ended up building this in the process. I wasn't planning to photo it, but I figured its been a while since I posted a pirate moc, so here it is. Only the one picture though, as thats all I took. For those expecting a more traditional large moc, I do have some big pirate projects planned for end of year(hopefully)!

5099330149_205e0c67c9_z.jpg

Your slapped together work of a morning is still far more impressive than what I could come up with! The surf looks great, maybe a few more white cheeseslopes would give it a choppy look. Can't wait to see another big MOC from you.

Oh i wish there could be more pictures of this beatiful MOC.*Takes the hat off* This sir is just outstanding! All i can say at its beatiful, just beatiful and so much details etc etc, you are MOC expert for sure! :pir-cry_happy::pir-wub:

Captain Becker

Not planning to photo it you say. :pir_laugh2:

I think you have done a marvellous job on this one as well, great detail and odd shapes all round!

The only complaint I have is the water is quite calm near the rocks, perhaps you should try some splashing water and breaking waves! :pir-classic:

Once again, very nicely done!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I think one cannon is enough.

Looking at the poor drowned skeletons, I think the pirates themselves are cruel and fierce enough to defend their hideout properly :pir-sweet:

Like blackmoor said some splashing water would be nice as well, but of course it can just be on a nice day.

As usual a great job, with a lot of different techniques and details :thumbup:

That's very nice Derfel :thumbup: Some of the techniques that you used here are quite flashy.

The bridges are very clever.

That is one great MOC Derfel. :pir-classic:

I love the transitions from one island to the other, the bridges look superb. How are they made exactly? Looks like treads of some sort. How are they attached to the bases?

Thankyou all for your nice comments!

Nice Hideout. It's awesome your MOC. I like it, but why is there only one canon for defending the hideout?

One cannon is all they could afford at the time :pir-classic:

Not planning to photo it you say. :pir_laugh2:

I think you have done a marvellous job on this one as well, great detail and odd shapes all round!

The only complaint I have is the water is quite calm near the rocks, perhaps you should try some splashing water and breaking waves! :pir-classic:

Once again, very nicely done!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Thanks, I agree it could do with a few finishing touches, but I never really ment for it too be photoed, so I was lazy with a few parts.

Thanks for the blog.

That is one great MOC Derfel. :pir-classic:

I love the transitions from one island to the other, the bridges look superb. How are they made exactly? Looks like treads of some sort. How are they attached to the bases?

The bridges are actually made using the thiner lego string clamped between the tile and those 1x1 plates with a clip on one side(dont know what the're called). The string is then threaded through a 1x1 cone and clamped down at each end. You can then turn the cone to tighten the string which raises or lowers the tension in the bridge, which is quite handy for different looks.

Wooooow :pir-oh3: I can't believe you built something that great in a few hours this morning! :pir-oh:

Well im used to building rocks, so that part was pretty quick, the house is very basic as it was built with a ramshackle look. The longest part was the bridges, as they had to be made with string.

Thanks for the comments :pir-classic:

I love your MOC's they never cease to amaze me.

I can't believe you were thinking of NOT photographing this. I would have loved to blog this but the speedy Blackmoor beat me to it.

Keep up the stunning work. You are truely talented.pirate_thumbup.gif

The bridges look really nice and the reef! One question was this made by a base plate with the flat titles on the water covering it? Id like to use this technique. Great job Derfel Cardarn! :pir-classic:

:jollyroger: Captain Crossbricks :jollyroger:

Nice one mate, love the "slapped together with no intention" effort. It can sometimes lead to brilliance without you even realising.

This looks brilliant. While your big works are great, I have to say I almost like your smaller ones better, as they are packed with detail in the style of your building.

Awesome. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: