Ondra

2011 LEGO Cars 2 Discussion

I have a surprise for everyone tonight.....clue is 8423 !

Ooh interesting... You already got the 8423 set LT? Looking forward for a review then. :sweet:

I just saw the new little single-pack sets for Lightning and Mater in a store today! - and it wasn't even one of the big-box major retailers like Toys 'R' Us or Target; it was Hobbytown USA. They had them at $8.99 each - that's above MSRP, correct? - but they were there. I very nearly got one, but with Sunday fast approaching and a Toys 'R' Us gift card waiting in my wallet, I think I'll wait to see whether they're doing another LEGO sale or promotion next week, and whether they've gotten in any new Cars (and/or Alien Conquest) sets yet.

If you look very carefully at some images, it looks like a new interesting piece is introduced in these sets.

Something that combines 2436.gif and 44728.gif and that could be called "bracket 1 x 2 - 2 x 4".

I can't wait for this piece! I might have to buy the Mack set just to get one.

Edited by malleable

I was at work today (Walmart) and found all the Cars 2 sets in the back room, in boxes labeled "Do not stock to floor until May 16."

Thought that was strange as it seems people are already picking them up.

Checked my local area Target no Car 2 Sets :( Pit Stop!

Check Big W.....I will tomorrow.....Flo's V8 Cafe will go layby ! :grin:

Brickset has an image of the Big Bentley Bust Out set:

8639-1.jpg

It looks nice, but a lot larger than I expected. It also looks like a rather big spoiler for the movie. :tongue:

Thanks for sharing these two new pics Siegfried and Delta 38! Ultimate Build Francesco looks great, but the Big Bentley Bust-out is not totally appealing for me to warrant a purchase though.

What part(s) are being used for that clockface?

I think that's tan 8x8 plate with 2 1x8 tan tiles, 6 tan 1x2 grill and 1 printed (or it's a sticker)

tan 6x6 tile.

Francesco looks great, but Big Ben(tley) set looks just like good set to get cool characters.

The clock will be worth it for the Modular towns... but the flying car is sure a spoiler for the film...

What's sad is that Prince Wheeliam and the Queen don't look anything like their counterparts in the movie.... Prince Wheeliam is supposed to be a 2005-10 Bentley Continental and the Queen is an older Mk-something. I'll have to make my own.

Id buy the big bentley set for the tan parts. loving the column/support pieces, are they new?

Oh, man that new find is too much, dam it must resist......if I get it I'll review it ! :laugh:

Must check Big W and Target for it ! :grin:

Did anyone notice the tan uprights - new part I say ! :grin:

Big Bentley looks like a nice set for parts. I think i'll get it for the figures.

What's sad is that Prince Wheeliam and the Queen don't look anything like their counterparts in the movie.... Prince Wheeliam is supposed to be a 2005-10 Bentley Continental and the Queen is an older Mk-something. I'll have to make my own.

The Queen is an old rolls-royce, and while she is different from her movie counterpart, she still looks nice in my opinion.

And that's not price Wheeliam, it resembles more of Miles Axlerod, this guy:

http://pixar.wikia.com/Miles_Axlerod

Today at the toy-store in our village I saw some megabloks Cars. Dude... those are ugly. Lego is better big time! Altough I already knew that! :tongue:

Thanks for the pics. The clock tower is kinda nice, but too <insert that tiresome argument> and hole-ridden.

The clock will be worth it for the Modular towns... but the flying car is sure a spoiler for the film...

Then don't mention it, or at least put it in spoiler tags. :hmpf:

Big Bentley looks like a nice set for parts. I think i'll get it for the figures.

What figures? :tongue:

These two sets look great. I like Big Bentley better. I might actually get it (Just for the parts though default_tong.gif)

Same here, but it depens alot of the prize, if i know any TLC`s prizing things, this wont be a cheap set to get.

Captain Becker

What exactly is going on with that clock piece? Is that all a sticker or is that a clear sticker over ridged grill bits?

What exactly is going on with that clock piece? Is that all a sticker or is that a clear sticker over ridged grill bits?

I have a bad feeling it is a sticker on a new 6x6 tile with simple 2x1 grille tiles down the sides....but it works.

Oh, well that DSS shouldn't be that bad then. :wink:

Keep on burning rubber ! :grin:

If those british flags are printed I'm going to have to get some of those!

These licensed Cars sets seem to be undoing all the work LEGO did around 2003-2005 to simplify their colour palette...