Sign in to follow this  
katch

Which set changed your mind over the movie version?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Which Lego star wars set made u change your mind over the original version from the movies?

For me it was the 7658 Y-wing.. I have only knew the x-wings n ties.. Until I saw the Lego y-wing.. It's a thing of beauty! Looks even better than many of the one piece replicas out there.. Gonna watch the original trilogy again just for that..

So what's yours?

Interesting topic. For me, I always thought MTTs looked totally ugly, with their organic shapes that didn't look like classic SW. The 2007 set changed my mind about that. On the other hand, the Podrace Bucket made me think Neva Kee's pod was even worse than before.

You realize the 7658 Y-wing is in fact very distorted? With a consider number of inaccuracies (the section of the canopy under the ion cannon is missing, the ends of the boosters do not line up with the main body where they should, the astromech droid is sideways, etc). To be honest, I regretted buying mine...

For me it was the LEGO Consular-class cruiser from the video game (as well as the similar 7665 Republic Cruiser) that made me notice the Radiant VII and made The Phantom Menace worthwhile.

You realize the 7658 Y-wing is in fact very distorted? With a consider number of inaccuracies (the section of the canopy under the ion cannon is missing, the ends of the boosters do not line up with the main body where they should, the astromech droid is sideways, etc). To be honest, I regretted buying mine...

Quite true especially the sideways droid (better view? Haha).. But the longer engines in the set made the y-wing more elegant for me.. And made me look at the movie version

I would say the Clone Wars Y-wing was very strange to me until I bought it. Then I found out that it was really cool, maybe more so the the original one perhaps?

I would say the Clone Wars Y-wing was very strange to me until I bought it. Then I found out that it was really cool, maybe more so the the original one perhaps?

yeah.. somehow nicer than original even though there are inaccuracies..

the UCS tie interceptor is another one that got me looking at the movie version.. however, looking at the movie version, i was quite suprised to find it with much shorter wings, making it look slightly.. for a lack of a better word.. fat..

Jabba's Sail Barge. At first I was like, 'oh, it's like a yacht, that's cool' but when I bought the set, I realized it was awesome. You know, before it got blwon up. :laugh:

The RAS for me. IMO, the RAS in the show looks worse than the set, mostly because the canopy is so small on the show :tongue:

Also, I like the 2007 Y-Wing set. I don't really like the actual ship, but the ship is so cool looking! :thumbup: