Dreamweb

The Mermaid II - Imperial Soldiers' ship by Pujo

[pid][/pid] 119D

Hi there. We received an e-mail about this ship from its creator, asking if we could post it in our forum. It's a great-looking vessel so I'm glad to grant his request. :pir-classic:

_dsc6696-01_pujo_resize_copy.jpg

Brickshelf Gallery

Discuss!

And by the way...

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

...soon.

Quite a nice tumblehome technique, though I would not have the white showing through at the edges. The patterned flags are also and interesting touch. Nice shape though.

EDIT: The ship is called The Mermaid II, can a MOD please rename the topic to include this? Thanks!

You can change that for yourself. Just click "edit this post" and then "use full editor" and then you can change it.

It's a nice ship. The sails & rigging could have been a bit better, but the curve and widening of the hull are good.

I also like the swivel guns and the stern.

Pujo did a good job on this one :pir-classic:

can you post my ship too ?

Don't worry, it'll be there soon. :pir-classic:

You can change that for yourself. Just click "edit this post" and then "use full editor" and then you can change it.

Silly me. Thanks!

absolutely good!!!

with just a minor colour working is possible to hide the white stripe on the hull and it would be a masterpiece.

it seems a great playable brig...love it :)

Hi there. We received an e-mail about this ship from its creator, asking if we could post it in our forum. It's a great-looking vessel so I'm glad to grant his request. :pir-classic:

yes thank you for putting my ship in this forum, this is my first MOC ship, as before I've just modified ships like Black Sea Barracuda, BrickBeard Bounty, or smaller ship like Carribean Clipper.

Quite a nice tumblehome technique, though I would not have the white showing through at the edges. The patterned flags are also and interesting touch. Nice shape though.

yes, i would like to change the white bricks with the similar, brown or light brown to be better.

actually the patterned flags is incidental, because these are the only red flag i have left to build this.

i plan to search more in the bricklink to find the brick i need.

thank you

It's a nice ship. The sails & rigging could have been a bit better, but the curve and widening of the hull are good.

I also like the swivel guns and the stern.

Pujo did a good job on this one :pir-classic:

thank you Admiral, I will search for the small rope and cloth to make better rigging for my next MOC ship.

I will browse around to take example from another great ships rigging.

Cool ship, by the way, is that a gunnery deck behind those red flapish things?

yes, I planned to put some cannon behind those flapish things, i have bought some cannon for it.

but at the end, it was a bit difficult to make it 'in-out' to 'close-open' the flaps, as the deck is not modular.

so that it is a bit difficult to access the gun deck without detaching the upper deck. i will work on it soon after i receive my parts/bricks from bricklink.

thank you

absolutely good!!!

with just a minor colour working is possible to hide the white stripe on the hull and it would be a masterpiece.

it seems a great playable brig...love it :)

yes, thank you, I will work on it.

Great looking ship!

In my opinion the broadside would look even better if you alternated the 2 types of flags. The picture shows that you have just enough of each type to do something like that!