Legostein

MINI Juggernaut (Turbo Tank)

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

Today I'd like to share one of my latest creations with you. This time it's not a starship, but a wheeled ground vehicle instead. :classic:

Many of you know it as "Clone Turbo Tank". It has been released officially by TLC already, as miniature and system-scaled playset. Although the vehicle appears in "Revenge of the Sith" which is where most of you may know it from, this particular vehicle already appeared 20 years ago in the "Imperial Sourcebook", a roleplaying supplement of West End Games. It was there first identified as "Juggernaut". The origin of the Juggernaut dates back even longer. About 30 years ago it was an early concept drawing intedned to be used during the Battle of Hoth in "The Empire Strikes Back". But until "Revenge of the Sith" it was an Expanded Universe vessel which has now made it to an official vehicle from the movies. :classic:

It features all the gun emplacements including the rear outlook, as well as front and back cockpits. I wanted a clean and harmonic look as I found the offcial design somehow incomplete. It's slightly smaller and I went for black wheels like in many references. Probably the earlier Juggernaut A5 version came with black and the later A6 version with grey wheels. :classic:

juggernaut-1.jpg

juggernaut-2.jpg

juggernaut-3.jpg

juggernaut-4.jpg

juggernaut-5.jpg

With that I am done for today. I thank you for your interest and wish you a great week!

See you around,

~ Christopher

Those wheels look good on that :thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing. For the size, those wheels are perfect.

Most of your minis are pretty spot on though.

I'd love to see a group shot with every mini you've ever made.

I really like that clean look you described, and as others have said, the wheels work well with this design. The only thing is that it looks a bit too tall. Or maybe I've just been indoctrinated by how short the official one is. :tongue:

Hello again!

Thank you for your kind words. :classic:

I also feel the wheels work well here. The idea came while I sorted all the leftover wheels I had from the many Racer sets I had bought earlier to get more "cheese" slopes. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Simple but effective as always :sweet::thumbup:

Nice job with the Juggernaut Chris! I like the tyres, never would have thought of using them for the wheels.

It does look abit to grey though, maybe a little dark red tile, or a dark green one? :sweet:

But apart from that, great job!

CF

Hello!

Thanks a lot for the comments! :classic:

The vehicle is grey because I wanted to build the Imperial version. The Empire loves simple grey. :wink: Like The Venator which also lost its red stripes once the Old republic became the Empire. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher