Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Build your own Medium Bongo Sub (set 6747 alt.)

gallery_101_23_281.gif

gallery_6705_156_158.png

Hello everybody!

For the last weeks, I've been playing around with Creator sets and tried to find suitable alternative models for these sets with limited parts variety. A great challenge for inspiration and creativity. The alternate model presented below is the last one for the time being. It's a Bongo Sub built with pieces from Creator set 6747 - "Race Rider" - available in the stores for 19.99 EUR / 15.99 GBP / 19.99 USD.

Normally the Bongo Sub should be more grey and blue, but I had to go for blue with a bit of red here. It features all three cockpit bubbles. The most difficult part was to realize the long fins at the back. I finally used the inverted curved slopes. There were only two blue, but fortunately an additional red one, so I had the three needed fins. :classic:

It's not perfectly accurate, but I hope you'll reconize it. :wink:

6747-bongo-sub-1.jpg

6747-bongo-sub-2.jpg

6747-bongo-sub-3.jpg

6747-bongo-sub-4.jpg

6747-bongo-sub-5.jpg

6747-bongo-sub-6.jpg

With that I am done for now. I hope you enjoyed the small series. Thanks for your interest and stepping by! :classic:

Yours Christopher.

(back in mini-modeling now :wink: )

--------------------

Alternate Building Series Quick Links:

6743-green-plane-1.jpg_thumb.jpg 6745-naboo-n1-starfighter-1.jpg_thumb.jpg 5866-yellow-cog-1.jpg_thumb.jpg 5867-big-red-plane-1.jpg_thumb.jpg 6747-bongo-sub-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

--------------------

Edited by Rufus
Creator Alts link

Not bad at all. Good job with the limited parts, but not enough to tempt me to buy Creator. :laugh:

Very clever build from a creator set yet again Legostein! It's easily recognizable as the Bongo Sub. Not only are you the "Master of Minis", but you're also becoming the "Creator Set Alternative Build Expert" :wink:

The genius strikes again ! :grin:

Another excellent creation there 'Legostein' and the best thing about it.....NO Jar Jar ! :laugh:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

The genius strikes again ! :grin:

Another excellent creation there 'Legostein' and the best thing about it.....NO Jar Jar ! :laugh:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

But Jar Jar is the best thing about the Bongo Sub? :wacko:

Not bad at all. Just switch out the red bit and it great!

Agreed. I love how you made the tail :thumbup:

Hello again,

and thank you everyone for the nice comments and interest in these alternate models. :classic:

Not bad at all. Just switch out the red bit and it great!

I wish I could, however I needed three fins. Due to parts limitations, one had to be red. Thus I included a bit more red to produce a harmonic colour scheme of blue with a little red. A single red piece would have looked odd, I guess. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher