I was browsing the web and I stumbled upon a page called Lego Cuusoo which is actually an official partner with the Lego Group. Basically, if you have an idea for a new lego design or product you "create a wish" (upload a design) with the details of your idea and if 1000 other people wish for your idea then your idea can become a reality. The concept seems to work and when you browse different topics on there page some of the ideas are labeled "available" which I interpreted as somebody's idea turned into a product. I don't particularly know why the page is in English and Chinese but at least its in English.

I realize that this probably has nothing to do with Lego Technic but I searched the eurobrick forums and did not find anything on the topic so I decided to show it to all of you guys.:thumbup:

This is great! If 1,000 of Eurobricks AFOLs can band together to get one of the BEST MOCs, new (limited edition) Lego sets could be produced! I'm bookmarking the Lego Cuusoo website on my browser. Think about Nathanael Kuipers' (modular) Concept Car, Sariel's advanced designs, Crowkillers' MOCs, etc.... :cry_happy::thumbup:*oh2*

logo.gifhome_step_1.jpghome_step_2.jpghome_step_3.jpg

Edited by DLuders

It's not Chinese, it is Japanese :hmpf: .

Let's submit now Nathanael Kuipers' Concept Car as a Wish :classic: !

Edited by Plastic Nurak

The Lego Cuusoo "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQ) page https://www.cuusoo.com/LEGO/faq.html and this Lego Cuusoo webpage explains the process:

step_legocuu_scheme.en.jpg

Of course, if AFOLs wanted to mass-produce any designs by Nathanael Kuipers, Crowkillers (Paul Boratko), Sariel (Paul Kmiec), or others, it would be per their express permission. :blush:

z_teaser.jpg_thumb.jpgcamaro000001.jpg_thumb.jpg01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by DLuders

I thought that this might be useful to us Technic Builders!!! Imagine the possibilities!! Any of Contech's construction creations or Industrial Designer's supercars!!! Maybe we can convince Lego to create a Trial Truck division!! I think that might be quite far fetched especially since the site doesn't exactly seem to be that popular or up to date although it says 2008-2010 at the bottom....

Also, it may be possible to get the BEST Lego Technic sets "reprinted" (reissued). From the Lego Cuusoo FAQ webpage's "Reprint" section:

"Q.What should I do if I want a discontinued product reprinted?

"A. Discontinued LEGO® products are listed on LEGO® CUUSOO. If you would like something reprinted, then simply create a wish based on that product. If it gathers 1000 supporters, then LEGO® will consider remaking it."

"Q.What is the process to get a discountinued product reprinted?

"A. Same as a regular new Wish. Create a Wish based on the discontinued product, gather 1000 supporters, once LEGO® verfied its legal and technical feasibility, it goes into the "Reservation" stage. Once it gathers enough reservactions, LEGO® can start production and sales."

From Blakbird's Technicopedia, think about which have been deemed to be the "best Lego Technic sets of all time," but which are difficult to find nowadays:

8285isosmall.jpg8880isosmall.jpg8480isosmall.jpg8421isosmall.jpg

Edited by DLuders

For Lego Technic "wishes", the "Vehicles" category of Lego Cuusoo is wide-open for new submittals. Also, the "DesignByMe" category has few items (so far), so any of Zblj's Lego Digital Designer (LDD) MOCs could be submitted (with his permission, of course)....

There also is a "Bricks and Accessories" category for making some CUSTOM Technic parts. :sweet: Too bad everyone only gets 10 wishes....

If TLG is hesitant to produce an "Ultimate Collector Series" Technic Supercar, then MAYBE Lego Cuusoo is the way to get one produced! If AFOLs could rally behind several of the most-wanted Technic designs, then they could become reality! The "Green Grocer", "Corner Cafe", and other AFOL-designed modular building sets may have started this way....

Edited by DLuders

For Lego Technic "wishes", the "Vehicles" category of Lego Cuusoo is wide-open for new submittals. Also, the "DesignByMe" category has few items (so far), so any of Zblj's Lego Digital Designer (LDD) MOCs could be submitted (with his permission, of course)....

There also is a "Bricks and Accessories" category for making some CUSTOM Technic parts. :sweet: Too bad everyone only gets 10 wishes....

I didn't see that limit:thumbdown:. But if we total the wishes of the entire lego technic community and decide what we all want from Lego Cuusoo then that restriction wouldn't be such a problem. That "Custom Technic parts" is also a VERY GOOD IDEA and if we use it correctly this would be one of the greatest things to happen in quite some time. I hope more people find out about this because its only going to work with more than 1000 people.:sceptic:

The page is in Japanese, because CUUSOO is an idea from a Japanese entrepreneur, and it does not apply to LEGO ideas only.

His name is Kohei Nishiyama and he came to explain the concept, at the LEGO Idea Conference in Billund last April, which I had the privilege to attend.

Personally I don't believe it could be a mean to make old glories to be reedited, or even to turn AFOLs models into commercial models.

Kohei Nishiyama

Long before the concept of co-creation came to the fore with web 2.0 tools,

Kohei Nishiyama invented a Design To Order (DTO) system to reduce the risk

of new product development. Along with a colleague from design school, he

founded elephant design co. to commercialize the DTO system in 1997. Prior to

founding elephant design, he was a consultant at McKinsey & Company where

primarily handled new product development projects. One notable project was

the wireless telecom carrier. His mission was to identify business opportunities

for a client’s data-transmission technology, which at that time was completely

new to the market. It is now one of the client’s core businesses. Because of

his expertise in product development, Nishiyama is now a design consultant

for companies such as Sony. For the past three years, he has been a judge

for the Good Design Award Committee, which is organized by the Japanese

government. Nishiyama lived in South America until age 19. He is a graduate

of the University of Tokyo and the Kuwasawa Design School, where he studied

product design. He is the recipient of several design awards, including the

Kuwasawa Design Award (2001).

If TLG is hesitant to produce an "Ultimate Collector Series" Technic Supercar, then MAYBE Lego Cuusoo is the way to get one produced! If AFOLs could rally behind several of the most-wanted Technic designs, then they could become reality! The "Green Grocer", "Corner Cafe", and other AFOL-designed modular building sets may have started this way....

Cafe Corner and Green Grocer, are not AFOL-designed sets.

I registered as well. I was kind of concerned with having to put that much personal info into my profile though...But then I thought, hey there in official business with Lego so I put it in anyways.:classic:

The custom parts idea sounds great. I'de submit this as I don't think it would be too much of a "stretch" for them to do but the odds of getting 1000 supporters seems too high.

STRETCH

Edited by allanp

When adding the Lego 5571 Giant Truck "Black Cat" to my Lego Cuusoo "Wish List", I had to indicate how much money (in Japanese Yen) I was willing to spend. I used this online Yen Currency Converter to figure out how many Yen equalled my own country's currency. They have almost all of the countries represented by Eurobricks Technic AFOLs. :classic:

logo203x45.gif

Edited by DLuders

@Dluders, sure you can use my LDD files. Thats a great find and with some teamwork we might get some wanted parts like S motor, PF valves, stronger u joints or such!

From Blakbird's Technicopedia, think about which have been deemed to be the "best Lego Technic sets of all time," but which are difficult to find nowadays:

8285isosmall.jpg8880isosmall.jpg8480isosmall.jpg8421isosmall.jpg

Having just come out of the 'Dark Ages' last year, I too would like to see some of these large flagship kits again. I would love to get my hands on a new 8421 Crane, but prices on eBay/Bricklink are deadly!

I registered on the Lego Cuusoo website; it's easy to do. A reissue of the Year 1996 5571 Giant Truck "Black Cat" has (so far) 9 Lego Cuusoo votes (using Blakbird's rendering):

main.png

FYI, I don't think that's my render. It might be Koyan's. Mine looks like this.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/blakbird/Renders/Model-Team/5571render.jpg

Zblj has been gracious enough to allow his "LYNX" 4-wheel-drive Trial Truck 10 MOC to be listed in Lego Cuusoo. :cry_happy: See its description at https://www.cuusoo.com/LEGO/user/149541/0001/ . Although there may not be 1,000 Technic AFOLs on THIS Eurobricks forum, (collectively) there may be 1,000 Technic AFOLs worldwide that would like this MOC to be made into an official Technic set. The LYNX was introduced by Zblj on this Eurobricks post.

He and I worked together to price-out the MOC. Using the Shop.Lego.com prices for the needed Power Functions elements, there are US $90 worth of PF items. So, for ~US $130 (equivalent to 10,900 Yen), TLG could market this MOC. Coincidentally, this is the same price that TLG wanted for the 8297 Lego Technic Off Roader 2 set.

If you are a member of other Technic LUGs, forums, etc., publicize Zblj's MOC by posting a link to the Lego Cuusoo webpage https://www.cuusoo.com/LEGO/user/149541/0001/ . This is the first Technic MOC there (as far as I can tell). Add it to your Lego Cuusoo "Wish List"! Thanks, Zblj! :thumbup:

main.jpgsub1.jpgsub2.jpg

Edited by DLuders

If it were to be added to technic bricks blog (Conchas?) then it might also get good viewing... :vader:

This is very interesting. Not sure if this actually works or not. Someone should contact Nathanael Kuipers and Paul Boratko about getting their models on there. I would love to have that Concept Car or crow's Murcielago. Blakbird, are you working with Paul on Murcielago instructions?

3072152800_3f5cabab37.jpg

lm425.JPG.w560h303.jpg

Thinking about this system. I guess it might work if we all pull together. But we all got to remember that 1,000 people is a lot!

and further more how about the copyright on the proposed models? Is a builder going to loose it to TLC?