As you know the Cuusoo Lego project has started so I participates ! I have chosen a little moc with little amount of part but lot of fun. In deed, 10 thousands parts replica of the queen victoria is not the idea of what lego want to product. I think this moc is in the continuity of lego technic product.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/704

CopterByNico71.jpg

The vote requires registration.

So if you want to play with this sweet helicopter (functionnal of course !), support me, technic are not really reprensented in this contest :)

IMHO I think new parts are more valuble to us that new sets. I think you all know what I want by now, if so, then you can skip the rest of this post. If not, then here's a list of my most wanted new parts:

Longer pneumatic cylinder (double the stroke of the standard one, a range of lengths going up to really really long for making telescopic booms/large forklifts would be even better)

PF servo motor (for precise remote control of steering, pneumatic valves, gearboxes, etc)

PF-L motor (between the M and XL motor, this motor could actually have more power than the XL motor, but with NO internal gearing it would have massive speed and not as much torque. Ideal if you want lot's of power or speed or if you like to construct all the gearing down to suit your MOCs needs or if you want to protect geartrains and the motor using the white clutch gear or belt drive or just like the satisfying sight of lots of fast spinning gears an axles)

Synchromesh gears (the dark grey 16t clutch gear) in more sizes for more lifelike, stronger, more intuative and more power efficient gearboxes.

Rotary pneumatic actuator

planetary gear reduction parts suitable for use in steered/suspended wheel hubs

Differencial gear using a 36t double bevel gear for drive (enableing it to be driven by a 12t bevel gear as a bevel gear or a 12t double bevel gear as spur gear, also giving a higher reduction ratio of 1:3. The ability to house 4 internal gears instead of three would also be nice as well as being able to use the 20t bevel gears as the internal ones that drive the wheels, effectively enableing it to handle 3 times as much stress without breaking anything).

Suspention springs with ball sockets on the end that can be pulled apart and reassembled in different configurations and lengths of travel (by using a different length axle and number of springs) allowing the sockets to face any direction with a resolution of 90 degrees

Electrical and pneumatic slip rings to allow the transmission of electrical and pneumatic power though a rotating plane (for example a turn table). The pneumatic slip ring is probably the least feasable of these ideas tho.

PF-L motor (between the M and XL motor, this motor could actually have more power than the XL motor, but with NO internal gearing it would have massive speed and not as much torque. Ideal if you want lot's of power or speed or if you like to construct all the gearing down to suit your MOCs needs or if you want to protect geartrains and the motor using the white clutch gear or belt drive or just like the satisfying sight of lots of fast spinning gears an axles)

This.

I'd say this is an idea everyone should support, SX motor. A micro-motor in the style of Power Functions.

YEP! Fantastic idea - I immediately signed up and voted for this small beauty! :wub:

[bUMP]

On his Technic Delicatessen website, Parda has nine fabulous Lego Technic MOCs that he is highlighting:

"Lego Technic Projects in CUUSOO that you must support" -- "I already do, and I want you to do too! Here are the most interesting projects involving Lego Technic in Cuusoo site, and as a Technic fans we should support it and reach the first AFOLT ( Adult Fan Of Lego Technic) designed set in production!!"

Go to that website to click on the Lego Cuusoo links; the pictures are reprinted below.

thumb640x360.jpgthumb640x360.jpgthumb640x360.jpgthumb640x360.jpgthumb640x360.jpgthumb640x360.jpgthumb640x360.jpgthumb640x360.jpgthumb640x360.jpg

Han Crielaard has some superb builds on his site. I think his Dump Truck has a chance to become a real set, while his Lowloader and Snow Groomer have a lot of parts and will be expensive. Another possible set would be this: http://www.designer-han.nl/lego/sneakpreview.htm :cry_happy:

Well, I decide to give it a try on Cuusoo with the Dump Truck. I doubt if I will ever reach the 10.000 votes, especially because Technic is in the minority of interest of a broader audience. At the other hand, I calculated the downloads of my building instructions based on my website stats which is > 10.000.

So, if all these people vote.... it should be possible :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Well, I decide to give it a try on Cuusoo with the Dump Truck. I doubt if I will ever reach the 10.000 votes, especially because Technic is in the minority of interest of a broader audience. At the other hand, I calculated the downloads of my building instructions based on my website stats which is > 10.000.

So, if all these people vote.... it should be possible :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

You have my vote :thumbup:.

@ Jeroen Ottens: Could you give an estimate on how much it would cost to replicate your HUGE Zeppelin? When we support a Lego Cuusoo project, we have to indicate how much we're willing to pay for it, and how many we want to buy....

@ Jeroen Ottens: Could you give an estimate on how much it would cost to replicate your HUGE Zeppelin? When we support a Lego Cuusoo project, we have to indicate how much we're willing to pay for it, and how many we want to buy....

This model contains ~7000 pieces so my guestimate would be a pricetag of 700 euro/dollar.

But I can imagine that a real LEGO product would be a 1:200 scale model. Not only would it make the model roughly equal in size to the UCS Super star destroyer, but also the pricetag would drop to ~400 euros/dollar.

Jeroen

As reported on The Brick Fan website, here is an explanation by The Lego Group about the Lego Cuusoo Review process:

"LEGO has explained on their blog how the LEGO CUUSOO Review works. Sets that have reached the required 10000 supporters are now review quarterly in the months of March, June, September, and December by the LEGO Jury. The “Jury” is made up of many different members including the LEGO CUUSOO project team, model designer, graphic designer, and a few people from management just to name a few.

"After a set has reached the review stage, there are four phases that it goes through: Brand Fit Analysis, Business Case Development and License Agreements, Model Design, and Final Review. LEGO states there are no definite timeframes because some sets are easier to review and get everything together faster than others.

"In the first phase, the Brand Fit Analysis determines if a set is appropriate for LEGO and their customers. This usually takes around 2 weeks or so. If projects do not pass this stage, then it will not be looked at any further. Examples of projects that are rejected in this phase are The Winchester and Firefly Serenity.

"In the Business Case Development and License Agreements phase, the Jury determines if the project is feasible financially for the company. They also get the appropriate licenses for the sets. Because this takes a while to obtain, it may take months before this phase is completed.

"For the Model Design phase, the LEGO designers creates models similar to the LEGO CUUSOO project that are in review. Here LEGO considers the playability factor or “Play Promise” for the set to their customers. This phase goes on at the same time as the Business Case Development and lasts about 3-4 weeks.

"During the final review, when the previous phases have been completed, LEGO reviews the projects and make a final decision on whether they will produce it or not. Shortly after, they will make the official announcement.

"LEGO has done a fantastic explanation of how the whole process goes after a project has reached the required 10000 supporters on LEGO CUUSOO."

Wait, where did the 5000+ supported Tachikoma go? Why is this new thing only like 28 votes?

set.jpeg

The "explanation from Lego" can be found on the official LEGO CUUSOO Blog. There are now two in a 3-part series of articles there explaining the entire CUUSOO process.

Article 1 (May 14, 2012): "Projects Reaching 10,000 Supporters Will Now Be Reviewed Quarterly"

Article 2 (May 22, 2012): "The Quarterly LEGO Review: How does it work?"

Article 3 (May 30, 2012): "Tips for increasing your project’s chances of passing the LEGO Review with flying colors!"

Edited by DLuders

set.jpeg

The "explanation from Lego" can be found on the official LEGO CUUSOO Blog. There are now two in a 3-part series of articles there explaining the entire CUUSOO process.

Article 1 (May 14, 2012): "Projects Reaching 10,000 Supporters Will Now Be Reviewed Quarterly"

Article 2 (May 22, 2012): "The Quarterly LEGO Review: How does it work?"

Article 3 (coming next week): "Tips for increasing your project’s chances of passing the LEGO Review with flying colors!"

I searched but couldn't find the info. Did they explain why they archive some projects before they reach 10,000?

@ johnnyvgoode: Who knows? It seems that the LEGO CUUSOO Team is making up the rules as they go (even though they had a "Beta" version for many months to work out the kinks). :thumbdown:

@ johnnyvgoode: Who knows? It seems that the LEGO CUUSOO Team is making up the rules as they go (even though they had a "Beta" version for many months to work out the kinks). :thumbdown:

This is still the Beta version. The Tachikoma had to be reworked because LEGO's brand fit analysis found that they didn't want to associate the LEGO brand with Ghost in the Shell due to the latter's content. At this point, the creator's only option was to rework it and submit it under a different name, since many of the previous project's supporters may have only supported due to the connection to the source material. Hopefully people will still support the new project due solely to it being an amazing MOC.