Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Williams

Review of 4840 The Burrow

Hi, I'm not sure if this will be helpful for any of you from America or Canada, but this is my thoughts and opinions that will hopefully help you decide wether or not to buy the Burrow.

The front of the box

5042682777_48a254d670.jpg

It's a beautiful looking box, there's no complaints here, so here's the back of the box...

p><p>Here

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4151/5042693515_1355c4a100.jpg' alt='5042693515_1355c4a100.jpg'>

Here's the figs

The double sided face of Harry Potter, it's nice to see that we have more expressions for Harry rather than that smirk he had before...

5042682491_5da4b19121.jpg

5042683991_d961d02923.jpg

Here's the heroes, this figs look amazingly interesting in my opinion, I love how far the figs came from the first HP sets to this release.

5042688289_b8d1608ea2.jpg

Here's the bad guys... they look wicked sweet,

5042688813_a11ca390f0.jpg

I also love the details of the first floor...

Will edit photos of each floor asap

Figs =

A. Harry Potter Design 4 out of 5, it's good to see more expressions, but something about the hair seems like we've seen it before

B. Ginny Weasley Design 5 out of 5, the hair piece and the expressions on both sides are cool, I love that she looks almost like the actress and character from the film

C. Molly Weasley Design 4 out of 5, not a bad design, but she sort of looks like a red haired grandmother than a mother of 6, but than again that's fine

D. Arthur Weasly Design 5 out of 5, I think he looks good for someone whose house was burning in the box art, although it would be cool to have him as a dual head to

E. Bellatrix Lestrange Design 4.5 out of 5, not a bad looking girl, although why the second face is scared, I do not know, it seems strange that she would be scared rather than creepy looking

F. Fennir Design Design 4 out of 5, I forgot who this guy was, but he looks cool enough to get this rating from me and he's got a cool looking dual head which is wicked sweet

The Overall Design 4.5 out of 5, my opinion is I'd recommend it to the devote Lego Harry Potter fans, but wouldn't recommend it if you just want the parts, just for parts sack. I'm hoping to collect all new Harry Potter sets later this year. So anyway....

I love the details of the dishes as well as the clock and the beds. I'm thinking of doing a review of the Hogwarts Express later this month. Post any comments or questions or suggestions for improving my future reviews

Hi Daniel.

As this is not really a review of the set I am not so sure you should have made a whole thread. If you wanted to post your opinion about the set you could do so in the absolutely superb review that Cloney has done for us all. Or also in the devoted Harry Potter thread.

As for comments for making better reviews in the future. I would say the first step would be putting a white background behind your photographs. The carpet is really really distracting and doesn't show off these great figs at all.

So I shouldn't do reviews at all than? :( I mean for me, it seems like I did a review of it which is basically just the opinion of the reviewer. Isn't a review about the reviewer's opinion? I also tried to make sure to inform the people what to expect, but thnks for the help, I'll just comment and post mocs from now on. Sorry, I'll leave it to the others to give their opinions.

I think what Iz was getting at is you didn't really review the whole set, you only gave us a fe pictures of some fig's and the box. What about the structure, the build process, the difficulty of building it, was it worth it, how amny pieces are there. Your review is just missing so much information, that's all.

So I shouldn't do reviews at all than? :( I mean for me, it seems like I did a review of it which is basically just the opinion of the reviewer. Isn't a review about the reviewer's opinion? I also tried to make sure to inform the people what to expect, but thnks for the help, I'll just comment and post mocs from now on. Sorry, I'll leave it to the others to give their opinions.

I don't think he was telling you not to make reviews anymore. This wasn't a review of the Burrow anyhow, this was a review of the figs in the Burrow. It was a nice review of the figs, but it would've been a good idea to do the whole set. Might I recommend checking other reviews on here. They have so much more info than just the figs. You need item #, piece count, prices, info on the number of bags and pictures of the bags/pieces. Like I said, check other reviews to see what you missed.