Big Cam

The Chess set LEGO needs to make.

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

While browsing my favorite tech blog who seem to dabble in everything interesting, I came across this and did a quick search on EB and came up short, so my apologies if this has been posted before.

Be sure to click the picture for the link becasue there is a New Hope Version as well as more pictures.

800x600_4965247630_efe667d468_b.jpg

TO the best of my knowledge, it's never been posted on EB, but it debuted at LEGO Star Wars Weekend and was on FBTB shortly after. :wink:

Yeah, I saw this one before on flickr, I actually posted the link on the Future Star Wars thread. Anyways, this is really a wonderful creation that even TLG won't dare to release - just look at the piece and minifig count of that beauty - it would certainly be freakin' expensive.

Back on topic, I was browsing through flickr and saw this wonderful creation. How I wish TLG could release something like this.

Edited by KielDaMan

Yeah, I saw this one before on flickr, I actually posted the link on the Future Star Wars thread. Anyways, this is really a wonderful creation that even TLG won't dare to release - just look at the piece and minifig count of that beauty - it would certainly be freakin' expensive.

Ahh, Well if the Dark Lord of the Sith thinks this should be closed, I'd have no rebutle, but I think it's cool enough for it's own thread.

well, I havn't seen this before, but I'll voice my opinion and say it's awesome! The giant palpatine head is hilarious! and the AT-AT's are cool too.

Ahh, Well if the Dark Lord of the Sith thinks this should be closed, I'd have no rebutle, but I think it's cool enough for it's own thread.

I thinks it's alright, the sheer awesomeness of that creation alone merits its own topic. (I was just saying that I posted the link before, nothing is implied on that comment. :grin:). This ESB version is great, but I like the ANH one better.

3865068810_ca82f18f98_z.jpg

While browsing my favorite tech blog who seem to dabble in everything interesting, I came across this and did a quick search on EB and came up short, so my apologies if this has been posted before.

Be sure to click the picture for the link becasue there is a New Hope Version as well as more pictures.

Wow that is really cool! I love the Mini AT-ATs, sweet!

But, remember, they did make a HUGE Castle Chess set and it was WAY bigger then this little Star Wars one. And that wasn't too expensive. Only $200, and later went on sale in some places.

I thinks it's alright, the sheer awesomeness of that creation alone merits its own topic. (I was just saying that I posted the link before, nothing is implied on that comment. :grin:). This ESB version is great, but I like the ANH one better.

Yeah, this one is cool too, but I think it could of used a little more help, not enough stuff to it. :wink:

But over all, I think this is a very cool idea, it could probably be made a bit more detailed, but other than that, it looks promising! (Probably sell quick too :wink: )

But, remember, they did make a HUGE Castle Chess set and it was WAY bigger then this little Star Wars one. And that wasn't too expensive. Only $200, and later went on sale in some places.

But also remember, if ever TLG releases something like this, this is Star Wars, where minifig prices (and the SW brand name alone) are skyrocket high compared to normal prices for castle. So it's safe to assume that a Giant SW Chess set would cost a fortune. :wink: But I agree, even for a hefty price this would sell like hotcakes.

I don't think that the Castle Chess set is bigger then the SW one, in fact the board alone on the SW one probably has more pieces than the Castle Set.

No, look at the squares: The official Giant Castle Chess Set has 3x3 squares made from 2x2 tiles. This SW one has 4x4 squares made from 2x2 tiles. So the board itself (not including the bases, which are about the same size) of the SW set is 16 studs longer and 16 studs wider than the Castle one.

Wow, those are truely incredible! I'd pick up those any day... But, I will say, that IF (big if) Lego ever releases a SW chess set, I think it'll be a bit more generalised. They'd probably combine the prequel trilogy into one or Original trilogy to one. Either way, I :wub: these!

Or how about OT vs PT? OT white, PT black. White would win every time :tongue:

These MOCs are truly outstanding, but I don't really like different builds for same chess pieces, such as the rebel knights in the ANH set - one X-wing and one Y-wing. But I suppose it's not really made to play with... :classic:

Or how about OT vs PT? OT white, PT black. White would win every time :tongue:

These MOCs are truly outstanding, but I don't really like different builds for same chess pieces, such as the rebel knights in the ANH set - one X-wing and one Y-wing. But I suppose it's not really made to play with... :classic:

Castle got two chess sets, so,

Small, affordable set is CW;

Big, expensive, collector's edition is OT.

Would make sense considering those set's targeted audiences.

It's kind of strange to use a small vignette like that as a piece... but I like it. The AT-AT and Hoth cannons are really nice, but the Emperor's hologram is my favorite. :wub:

We really do need a big SW chess set, something like the Castle one a few years back.

This would be an awesome set! I would display this in my living room. Only thing Lego needs to do is make it a bit smaller and there you go.