BobaFett

How you got into lego star wars

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

If you please post your story of how you got into lego.i hope they are more interesting than mine.well my dad got me into lego and the star wars films also inspied my love for lego.

Umm there was a topic about this in the general discussion subforum. Heres the link http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=45258 :classic:

But that linked topic is about "How you got out of the Dark Ages". This is one is specifically about "How you got into Lego Star Wars". The first post might not be that well-constructed, but the title says it all. So this topic might be valid, unless there has been a similar topic before.

Just to give my 2 cents, being a SW fan like all of us here, I started when LSW was first introduced circa 1999. My first set was the Lightsaber Duel (Qui-gon vs. Maul). And the rest, as they say is history. :classic:

Edited by KielDaMan

Simple my son got in to Lego, so did I then I discovered Lego Star Wars and being a Star Wars fan for over 25 years instantly I was in heaven ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I came into LSW with the UCS. :)

But that linked topic is about "How you got out of the Dark Ages". This is one is specifically about "How you got into Lego Star Wars". The first post might not be that well-constructed, but the title says it all. So this topic might be valid, unless there has been a similar topic before.

Just to give my 2 cents, being a SW fan like all of us here, I started when LSW was first introduced circa 1999. My first set was the Lightsaber Duel (Qui-gon vs. Maul). And the rest, as they say is history. :classic:

In that case I will tell my story :classic:

I had all ways been a lego fan and star wars but for some reason I never knew about LSW one day I was in my local toy store looking for lego and saw a Arc-170 fighter on the shelf (this is before I saw Episode III)

and though hey that looks like an X-Wing a bit and from that day on I have been a big LSW fan :classic:

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

I used to buy Lego a lot when I was younger, but just as they were coming out with Lego Star Wars I stopped buying them all together. I was able to pick up a few small sets, but I've since lost them along with all my other Lego's. Just recently I came across an ad for a new Lego Slave I and that re-ignited my passion for Lego.

I got fairly recently into LSW, mostly because of the Luke´s Landspeeder set. But I also enjoyed the LSW video game. However I wish I would have gotten a bit earlier into it, as I missed out on a lot of great sets.

hmm, I got the snowspeeder and y wing in 1999 for christmas...and got X-Wing and Yoda's hut sometime later....then I think I started really getting into it when I was bored and watching all the movies. and saw all the classic characters in lego and then have been colleting ever since.

I lost interest in them when I was young, in favor of collecting cards.

Then, last April, while googling for a Tantive IV model (the Star Wars ship I absolutely love), I stumbled upon the 10198 set. I was simply hypnotized. In a matter of seconds, I felt I needed to start building LEGOs again. This way, I'd have been able to build the ships I most loved of SW, and have fun making them instead of just spending a lot of money on a model.

It was by pure luck that I found the original 10019, and I decided I would have waited till I could afford it.

Long story short, in May I bought the new gaming pc I needed (2 years wasted after it, it was time to do something or forget it) and then I reorganized my savings. By the end of July the set was on my desk, ready to be built by my (then) trembling hands. Pure bliss.

Since that day, I've nearly learnt by heart the number and description of the UCS sets. Although many of them are and will always be a dream (Europe + no LEGO Stores in Italy = UCS sets are a myth here, and even with Euro>dollar Bricklink is not an option, in particular with the oldest sets where regular greedy sellers become absolute rapists), I've already bought the 10212 and I'm in the process of getting a 10175.

My grandparents think I'm downright crazy. My father doesn't care. My mother was overjoyed and helped with the 10212 (and would like to build the 10175). My cat thought it would be exilarating to chase some snot pieces around the house, leaving me the painful task of searching for days for the last piece of 10019, while he slept and snored (yes, he does, and he's noisy) on my bed.

:tongue:

I've been a Starwars fan since childhood, back in the 80s.

I've missed two opportunities to come out of my dark ages; First when I got a Lego starwars set 7104 Desert Skiff in 2001. Found it funny but didnt pay much attention to it.

Than again another miss when I myself *oh2* (dumm dumm dumm) bought the 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer and 6209 Slave 1 in 2007, I build those and stored them in a closet.

A year later my family-in-law gave me a few sets for my birthday that marked the end of my dark age. In the summer I discovered EB when I found news on the upcoming release of the Death Star and in december 08 I joined EB. I've been partially succesfull in getting a few of the old sets from my dark age, but have given up getting the rest due to availability and price. Keeping up with new sets is expensive enough, although I do try to buy multiples. :grin:

Well as a lifetime Star Wars fan and a childhood lego fan, it was inevitable really. My girlfiend (now my wife) made the mistake of a lifetime by buying me the 7110 landspeeder set back in the summer of 1999 as the star wars line first started. I think within a month I had bought all the first run sets and then there was no stopping me. :laugh:

I bought a few sets in multipules for the first few years but in 2006 things really started to go mad with me buying 3 or 4 of alot of the sets and when Battle packs came out it was just meltdown time!! :laugh: 35 clone walker BP even I know it sounds crazy! :wacko:

Still I was never tempted by the technic sets :sick: so that's some kind of saving! :grin:

I am a big fan of the original Trilogy and also the new movies. Here and there i have collected some SW Stuff from cinema shops by the way.

But then, one fateful day in 2007 I saw the 10179 in the LEGO Store in Hamburg, Germany and bought it. After that nothing was the same again. My "dark ages" were over, and one UCS after another went to my working room ;-) After discovering bricklink short time after that my interest in SW MOCs raised again, and that's it. Here I am, past remedy ;-)

Its Lego and its Star Wars. 'Nuff said.

What he said.

I saw Ep IV in 1977 multiple times, and I've been hooked on SW ever since. Around the same time, my parents started me on my LEGO obsession.

So when I saw the LSW sets hit the shelves in 1999, the circle was complete, and the madness began. Unfortunately I had a dark age between 2004 and 2007. It left a big hole in my collection that has yet to be filled in. :sad:

I loved Lego as a child and into adulthood I fell in love with star wars. Quite simply I happened two walk by the Lego isle one day and saw Lego Star wars sets. I was shocked, I had no idea they existed, so I bought greivous' starfighter and that got me into a.very expensive hobby.

I am an AFOL and Lego Star Wars was my idea...

Back in 1977 a six year old boy and his seven year old friend walked half a mile and then caught a bus to the nearest cinema, 5 miles away*. Like any rights-of-passage story this journey was to change their lives forever, because on that day, they saw Star Wars for the first time.

After a diet of Star Trek and The Clangers this was sci-fi the like of which they had never seen before, they were totally blown away. When they arrived home they combined their Lego collections and hurriedly constructed extremely colourful and very blocky space-craft in order to re-enact the spectacle they had just witnessed.

I was that six year old boy. Since then I've had my dark-times for both Lego and Star Wars (Judas!), how I came out of those is another story.

*Maybe our parents were irresponsible but It was the 1970's, stranger-danger and road traffic were not an issue.

For Christmas one year as a kid I got the Desert Skiff loved it and *starts smiling * I thought that Lego Star wars sets had to have two people, and if the set did not have two poeple then I would not get it.I know I missed out on some great sets like the naboo speeder which I think is silly That I never picked up or the set with the rebel pilots.But anyway got that set and have been collecting ever since.