Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Build your own Midi Naboo N1 Starfighter

gallery_101_23_281.gif

gallery_6705_156_158.png

Hello everbody!

When I was playing around with set 6745 - Propellor Power (Lugnet set reference) I though of building more alternative models with these pieces besides the three models for which instructions are provided. Having more alternative models to choose from, makes a set more attractive in my eyes, plus I miss the alternative building pics on the backside of the boxes. :classic:

(In case this topic fits more in the "Other Themes" forum, feel free to move it there. :classic:)

So, the outcome is a Naboo N1 Starfighter. It is not completely accurate, regarding shape and colour. And the engines are a bit thin, a side effect of a limited parts variety. Sorry for that. :sad:

It was fun playing around with a limited piece collection and come out with something familiar from the Star Wars universe. The set is of moderate price (19.99 EUR / 17.99 GBP / 19.99 USD), and has many useful pieces. :classic:

6745-naboo-n1-starfighter-1.jpg

6745-naboo-n1-starfighter-2.jpg

6745-naboo-n1-starfighter-4.jpg

6745-naboo-n1-starfighter-6.jpg

That's it so far. I hope this has been useful for some people and provided some Star Wars feeling. :classic:

Thanks for your interest, and see you around.

Yours Christopher.

Edited by Rufus
Creator Alts link

AWESOME 'Legostein' what a midi-scale ship ! :grin:

You are a genius when it comes to micro/mini/midi style ships - keep them comming 'Legostein' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Who would've thought that this simple creator set can be transformed into a mini-Naboo N1 Starfighter? This is truly ingenuity and creativity at its best that only the Master of Minis could pull-off. :wink: Impressive work as usual Legostein! :thumbup:

Edited by KielDaMan

Nice! :thumbup: I love seeing alternative models from sets. It appeals to my obsessive-compulsive never-mix-sets nature!

It's also good seeing a rather humdrum (but underrated) Creator set getting a bit of limelight. Your N1 engines look a bit small, but it's a difficult set to much with, and the overall shape is immediately recognisable. Interesting technique with the 1x6 plate at the rear!

Who would've thought that this simple creator set can be transformed into a mini-Naboo N1 Starfighter? This is truly ingenuity and creativity at its best that only the Master of Minis could pull-off. :wink: Impressive work as usual Legostein! :thumbup:

Master of MInis copy :laugh:

BTW Just bought my creator plane and is now making this fantastic model.... I was telling the truth when I said Im going out to buy one :laugh:

Arw nuts.

Now I have to go and buy that Creator set to try this myself.

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Hello everybody!

I'd like to thank everyone of you for the kind comments about this alternative model. I am glad you like it and will try/tried out the instructions. :classic:

I am sorry if I caused you to spend money unexpectedly at the end of the month. :wink:

See you around,

Christopher.

Edited by Legostein

Going to midiscale now are we?

You will soon find yourself creating full scale models that you claim yourself to be worthless at.

One step at the time buddy, and you will be there :wink:

However as a true SW fan and a great creature of so many good sets, I must say this is a awesome pick

to transform into an alternative SW set instead. Wonder if the folks on TLG ever thought about that.

Great work as always Legostein!

Hello again,

and thanks again very much for your interest in this project. Your comments are highly appreciated. :classic:

Going to midiscale now are we?

You will soon find yourself creating full scale models that you claim yourself to be worthless at.

One step at the time buddy, and you will be there :wink:

To answer this question, I still think that I am unable to build at full scale. I enjoy all the great full scale mocs on this platform, admire them, and like to comment on them. Until I feel ready to join the big scale, I will stick in my shrinked down universe, I guess. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Nice alt, that's really cool - I love Creator sets because I don't mind mixing their parts into the "general populace" like I do certain other sets (mainly Star Wars and Indiana Jones). I believe the Creator line is all about well-priced parts packs that happen to have instructions included ;)