Sign in to follow this  
DoubleT

2004 - Good or Bad year for the Star Wars line?

2004 - A Good Lego Star Wars Year?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. 2004 - A Good Lego Star Wars Year?

• Yes
    • No
    • It was ok...

I think it was a good year. I never owned the original Millenium Falcon or the Snowspeeder so I was glad they got rereleased plus we finally got a Greedo, Sandtrooper and Dewback! :)

I dont think it was a good year or a bad year, it was good for all the re releases but it was bad for those of us that wanted some new sets.

I said it was ok since they released the falcon and all th rebel ships (except the b-wing). Now I'm definitly not happy with the skin tones issue.

I had my first peachy minifigs with the falcon and in the release of the Y-Wing, I have a yellow fig.

What is this ?

I also think that we could have get many other sets. For instance we don't have anything new for christmas to buy.

I also find it's a shame that no new SW set was under 30

Lego still releases new Star Wars sets? I didn't notice with the rerererererereleases they gave us.

I chose ok, as we have been given some great sets from Lego.. such as the falcon and tie collection.

But, we have also been disappointed with things like the cantina and the peach figs.

Lest hope we have a great year in 2005! :)

Jon.

I don't really care that my minifigs are peach, I just don't like all the re-releases. My checkbook can't take one more hit with yet one more re-release. I'm also getting tired of building ties. The USC like Snowspeeder and the new USC Y-wing is awesome, but I already have the original snowspeeder, the falcon, and way too many ties. I have not purchased the tie collection yet, but I will because I'm a sucker. Overall I think the 04 line was mediocre at best.

Well, I'm off to make more room for more ties...

No. At least not for me. I didn't find anything that really interested me (Until recently when I saw the Y-wing). Hopefully 05 has some better stuff with ROTS.

And I'm annoyed by another fact: No fourth Mini line..... :(

Don't worry I hear they will be making a mini TIE collection. :-D

Hm... A Mini TIE fleet.... I own 5 bombers, 5 advanced, 2 TIE fighter and some more are coming... ;)

--> MINI TIEs are always welcome... ;)

Hm... A Mini TIE fleet.... I own 5 bombers, 5 advanced, 2 TIE fighter and some more are coming... ;)

--> MINI TIEs are always welcome... ;)

And those are just the TIEs Lego is releasing in January!

There will be more in Febuary and March, and April, and May, and.... :-D

Don't worry I hear they will be making a mini TIE collection.  :-D

Great! When Lego have nothing to make for star wars they just make more tie. Mini ties, system tie.. heck, we might even get another UCS tie soon!

and some more are coming... ;)

Soon..

Jon.

Heres a thought lego have given us a tie collection how long till they give us a x wing collection????

Still they could give us a collection that includeds the x wing, y wing, a wing and of course the b wing that would be cool.

Yes, that would be a great set. Something like "Rebel Collection".

We could get an a-wing and b-wing as they are hard to find.. as well as x and y which we have a few of.

This set could come with some orange, green and red rebel pilots as well. Maybe even some little hologram station part, like in the b-wing set.

I would prefer this to another tie based set.

Jon.

Damn, WHAT is the use of SETS????

What about this:

Similar to the 1st and 2nd Mini wave we could get a line of fighters as single sets, inlcuding extra pieces to build something else.... Maybe this could be some controle station, a hot gun tower or another vehicle....

Well many people out there like to build sets of ties,x wings etc so it would please them.

Its not something i want but hey im sure its only a matter of time before they do it.

Myself i want a sandcrawler, sail barge and some other new stuff first.

lol yes "new" stuff :)

2005 looks good, wel the Epsiode III does looks good

I don't think a sancrawler would make it in term of sales. If it is released then it has to be a S@H exclusive. :) For the sailsbarje, it would just be too big to be done in a decent scale :(

Well there are also three exslusive sets next year. two system sets, and one usc...

Damn, I need a earth orange Sand crawler.....

And maybe we get an inverted ship hull with the sail barge!!! That would be cool, imagine what cool things you could do with a regular hull and the inverted one!!!! A cool looking Nautilu e.g.!!!! :D

I dont think a sail barge is to big to make, after alltheyve done the at-at and people thought that theyd never see an offical one from lego.

A sandcrawler would IMO sell just as well as say the MTT or the cantania which i feel was the worst set lego have given us, dont get me wrong i love the figs and dewback but the price was way to high for so little.

Hm... A Mini TIE fleet.... I own 5 bombers, 5 advanced, 2 TIE fighter and some more are coming...

--> MINI TIEs are always welcome...

NO!!!! MORE TIES??.... Wait did you say mini? Hm... I think I have more room for mini ties.

And those are just the TIEs Lego is releasing in January!

There will be more in Febuary and March, and April, and May, and.... 

HaHaHa :D