BrickWild

Build N Play Wii Remote!

That's simply epic. There should be a front-page news article about this.

Of course, I wish the colors on the parts you couldn't replace or rearrange-- i.e. the buttons-- were a bit more attractive. And ideally I'd want the base color to be yellow, not red. Still, this is pretty darn cool.

Wow, I need one of those! I hope it fits in all acessories (guitars, wheels and such), but I guess it must. It's a bit colorful, but otherwise it wouldn't be LEGO...

That's neat! I'll have to convince my sister to get one so I can win with style at Mario Kart everytime I go to her house :grin:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

do you know where to buy them?

If you click the picture it brings you to Toys R Us's website. They are $39.99.

I'm sure you can get them other places too.

I saw this at Best Buy for $40 Canadian. I think it's smaller than an official one. Although the concept is cool, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work as well as the original, as it's not official Nintendo (the original Wiimote doesn't work too well either :hmpf_bad: )

I saw this at Best Buy for $40 Canadian. I think it's smaller than an official one. Although the concept is cool, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work as well as the original, as it's not official Nintendo (the original Wiimote doesn't work too well either default_hmpfbad.gif )

default_laugh_new.gif

default_laugh_new.gif

Well it's true. It seems Nintendo got beat at its own game by Playstation Move.

Well it's true. It seems Nintendo got beat at its own game by Playstation Move.

Ya or even Microsoft Kinect.

The Wii was never destined to be a hit.

playstation move is just a sad ripoff. Playstation was'nt designed to be a motion sensor console so I think it's not goinig to work out to well. Kinecht may but not the move.

Hi Big Cam,

This topic was posted on the 25th of September, here in Other LEGO Themes.

Hi Big Cam,

This topic was posted on the 25th of September, here in Other LEGO Themes.

Yep! Merged, moved, marvelous.

playstation move is just a sad ripoff. Playstation was'nt designed to be a motion sensor console so I think it's not goinig to work out to well. Kinecht may but not the move.

There's a lot of evidence that the Wii wasn't even designed to be a stand alone console, Sony never planned to get into the game industry, and I never planned to post on EB much. I wouldn't put much weight on original intentions.

Besides, Sony have been experimenting with motion technology since 1999.

Well... I have Wii and PS3, and all I can say is I have to laugh at the PS3 motion thing.

That said, having a Wii, and loving LEGO, all I can say about this remote is: pointless.

I mean... really... pointless... what're you supposed to do with it? And then I'd be afraid pieces would come flying off when I was using it... it just makes no sense to me. But then I'm just an old fogey (who loves LEGO and owns a Wii and PS3).

That said, having a Wii, and loving LEGO, all I can say about this remote is: pointless.

Yeah, but what do you expect; it's by the same guys that made this;

440014_b.jpg

*huh*

Wow :oh:

Who would really buy that? Its kind of stupid, though I would be interested if someone was able to MOC a play-station like holder around it. That would make it really damn cool

Wow :oh:

Who would really buy that? Its kind of stupid, though I would be interested if someone was able to MOC a play-station like holder around it. That would make it really damn cool

Well I know I would buy it for the indiana jones pieces :wub:

440014_b.jpg

*huh* *huh* *huh*

When you lift up the screen the mosaic is upside down. *huh*

How dumb.

Edited by Eskallon

*huh* *huh* *huh*

When you lift up the screen the mosaic is upside down. *huh*

How dumb.

Ummm... it's LEGO. If you want it to open differently, you can just rebuild the picture facing the opposite way. How obvious.

Can't believe people are bashing the DS shells-- unlike this Wiimote, those really have a lot of space for customization, and since it's not as much of an "active" instrument as the Wiimote, you're not at as much risk of parts randomly falling off during play.

Meanwhile, the LEGO Wiimote and DS shell are both novelties. They're not supposed to revolutionize your gaming experience, they're just meant to add a bit of personalized flair to your handheld or console controller.

Meanwhile, I don't understand why people don't expect it to work effectively. It's almost certainly made by a company that makes these things professionally (like pretty much every extended-line LEGO product), since LEGO themselves don't have the facilities to make these. So there's no reason to believe this will be ineffective. (Plus, being effective with WiiMotionPlus, it can be enhanced to a reliable quality even if it isn't reliable to begin with).

The accusations that the Wii in general is ineffective, of course, aren't ones that I've experienced or seen evidence of-- most online video-game pundits I've seen have been cynical about its upcoming competitors the Move and Kinect, and I myself have found the Wii a wonderful and authentic experience. But perhaps it's just another example of my inferior tastes. :hmpf_bad:

Now what I'm wondering is whether someone will try and make a Mindstorms robot that plays the Wii. The LEGO connections could make it a lot easier, and even a robot that could play a simple game like Wii Sports would be an impressive achievement.

Can't believe people are bashing the DS shells-- unlike this Wiimote, those really have a lot of space for customization, and since it's not as much of an "active" instrument as the Wiimote, you're not at as much risk of parts randomly falling off during play.

I posted that image in response when someone said it was pointless... which they both are. It's not going to enhance your gaming experience, nor is that case the most practical. No insult was intended, I was just agreeing that they were novelties, as you said yourself.