Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

4888 Ocean Odyssey: Adventurer Fit

We were discussing an Atlantis Adventurer theme (Adventure Sub) and talking about submarines, and it got me looking at 4888 Ocean Odyssey. This submarine would make a neat adventure sub.

Have any of you purchased this set and tried converting the sub to mini-fig scale?

4888-1.jpg

I own it but parted it out... I can't picture modifying it... easier to just MOC from scratch. Especially if you want an adventurer look as the bley is really bright.

God Bless,

Nathan

This already looks mini-figure scale to me! How big is it really? I'm not getting a sense of scale from looking at the pictures on the box.

This already looks mini-figure scale to me! How big is it really? I'm not getting a sense of scale from looking at the pictures on the box.

A little longer than a 32 dot baseplate, but quite narrow and not very tall...

God Bless,

Nathan

I don't own this set, but agree that it could be modded to make it minifig scale. I just don't think this looks much like an Adventurer's sub. I think something grey would fit the part much better.

I haven't modded it myself, but I just wanted to say that I love this set. It's the first designer set I ever picked up, and I instantly fell in love with the entire line.

:)

Or a very bad set which they decided to limit. :P

If you want one, you can still get it from the lego retail stores.

I think it was the lack of figs. Totally destroys playability.

Thanks for the info though. My local stores no longer carry the set. Amazon/Toys R Us has it for order though.

oh. where are you? the lego store i went to was in NJ. it had the highway hauler, gear grinder, submarine, building bonanza. but i guess each store is different. *wacko*