LuxorV

Let’s go Cosplay! - Minifig Customization Workshop Contest 2010

Yeah, I know that already. :classic: I just wondered why in the other themes there is a separate pinned subtopic where the contest entries can be posted and not on the regular topics below. Anyway, don't mind my curiosity and I'll just post my entry on the regular topics (when I'm done.) :wink:

Forgive me, I was just playing around with you :laugh:

The answer is: because every contest has its own rules.

We do not have a 'standard' for contests, and, if you check the LEGO SW forum (just an example), you'll notice that also there the entries have their own separate topics.

This is meant to let people free to comment on the entries in the dedicated topics and leave the contest discussion one free and more readable.

Yep, I'll definitely give this contest a shot! Looking forward to seeing what other people come up with! :thumbup: (Nice Batman, ThePenguin! :laugh::thumbup: )

~Peace

Yep, I'll definitely give this contest a shot! Looking forward to seeing what other people come up with! :thumbup: (Nice Batman, ThePenguin! :laugh::thumbup: )

~Peace

Welcome on board! The more, the merrier :thumbup:

(Nice Batman, ThePenguin! :laugh::thumbup: )

Thank you! :laugh: How nice toget positive feedback in other threads!

Sorry for offtopic. )

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

What would you guys prefer for the minifigure: being Light Flesh or Yellow coloured? :look: I'm hesitating which colour to use. It's based on a film, so Light Flesh sounds the best but Yellow gives a feeling that the figure is an inhabitant of a LEGO world cosplaying someone from real life. :tongue:

And yes, The Penguin's Batman entry is a very strong entry, especially as the first one of this contest. :thumbup:

What would you guys prefer for the minifigure: being Light Flesh or Yellow coloured? :look: I'm hesitating which colour to use. It's based on a film, so Light Flesh sounds the best but Yellow gives a feeling that the figure is an inhabitant of a LEGO world cosplaying someone from real life. :tongue:

Let the LEGO catch-phrase 'You control the action' be your guide!

I'm sure the result will be of high quality either way, coming from you :wink:

I've got two ideas: one male and one female. I really don't know which one to pursue but they're both good. Maybe I'll make them both!

I've started on my entry. Paint takes ages to dry though... :hmpf: I don't plan on winning any prizes with my enrty, but I'll still get a custom fig I've been wanting for a while out of it, so I'll be happy! :grin:

~Peace

Glad to see more people interested in this contest :thumbup:

... I'll still get a custom fig I've been wanting for a while out of it, so I'll be happy! :grin:

~Peace

Good to hear that. We're here to make people happy! :laugh:

I've started on my entry. Paint takes ages to dry though... default_hmpf.gif I don't plan on winning any prizes with my enrty, but I'll still get a custom fig I've been wanting for a while out of it, so I'll be happy! default_laugh2.gif

~Peace

The beauty of joining a contest is not in winning but actually participating and sharing your creations. default_blink.gif Great to hear more entries coming soon.

The beauty of joining a contest is not in winning but actually participating and sharing your creations.

Well said indeed. :sweet:

Winning is a bonus.

Winning is a bonus.

This is a little different; whoever wins gets to invade another country in an illegal brick war.

This is a little different; whoever wins gets to invade another country in an illegal brick war.

Not if someone in the other country wins a prize too!

So, for the good of all Nations, take part in this contest and make good entries :wink:

So, for the good of all Nations, take part in this contest and make good entries default_blink.gif

Yeah, much like 'The Olympics' of Minifig Customization. Proudly represent your country! Oh, that's sounds like another idea for a MCW contest... default_laugh2.gif

Yeah, much like 'The Olympics' of Minifig Customization. Proudly represent your country! Oh, that's sounds like another idea for a MCW contest... default_laugh2.gif

You're right. I'll put it in the ideas' book for next years!

Can I do a video game ? Like house of the dead 3 ?

You can make any character from any media, as long as you respect also this rule:

Entries must be something the whole AFOLs’ community can enjoy. Please, avoid nudity, excessive gore, or other offensive content

Need help i dont know how i must post my entry , i dont found the MCW Contest 2010 Entry topic :cry_sad:

There isn't an entry topic, you have to make your own topic for your figure, with 'MCW 2010 entry' in the Topic Description. :wink:

I (finally!) have all the materials for my figure, I'll paint some parts later today, make the decals and I hope to be ready tomorrow. :sweet:

Edited by Matn

Need help i dont know how i must post my entry , i dont found the MCW Contest 2010 Entry topic :cry_sad:

As Matn already said, you have to create a new topic of your entry, with the name of the entry as the Topic Title and 'MCW 2010 entry' as the Topic Description.

Welcome to Eurobricks, btw :thumbup:

Quick question...

The rules say "Create a new custom minifigure depicting someone who is going to take part to a cosplay meeting", making it sound like the figure isn't at the convention yet, but maybe at home getting ready for example.

But then in a later answer you mention "Ideally, I mean you have to make a vig in which your minifig interacts with other LEGO elements as if it was at a cosplay event. But you can make it other ways..." which sounds like the figure needs to be shown already being at the event-- but then "make it other ways" comment makes it confusing again.

Is the vignette supposed to specifically show one scenario or the other, or does it matter?

Thanks,

m19

Edited by Morgan19

Quick question...

The rules say "Create a new custom minifigure depicting someone who is going to take part to a cosplay meeting", making it sound like the figure isn't at the convention yet, but maybe at home getting ready for example.

But then in a later answer you mention "Ideally, I mean you have to make a vig in which your minifig interacts with other LEGO elements as if it was at a cosplay event. But you can make it other ways..." which sounds like the figure needs to be shown already being at the event-- but then "make it other ways" comment makes it confusing again.

Is the vignette supposed to specifically show one scenario or the other, or does it matter?

Thanks,

m19

I get your point, and I'll try to clear this for the (hopefully :wink: ) last time.

What you have to do is create a costumed version of your cosplay jeek. Sentence.

Then you have to put him/her in a vig. Sentence (again :laugh: )

If you make a vig of him/her exiting home, on the bus to the event, at the event or going back home, that's not the point. Just make a vig where we can see him/her wearing the costume and interacting with other LEGO parts (there do not need to be other minifigs either).

I hope this answers your question :classic: