legopapa

MOC at Star Wars Event in Legoland Germany 2010

gallery_101_23_281.gif

In the weekend of 4/5 september 2010 Legoland Germany was host to a hugh Star Wars Event. Star Wars fans from all over Europe gathered for a weekend of Star Wars madness. 250 uniformed Star Wars fans from 501th regiments all over Europe were present to give the weekend just that magic touch.

Hein-Jan Kemperman from The Little Arms Shop displayed some large scale moc's on request of Legoland Germany.

Early 2010 we (the Dutch Moonbase Crew) were asked by Hein-Jan to add a large part to an allready excisting moc (Clone Wars Assault). And so we did ...

The result is shown below. De standard vehicles (sets) were supplied by the legoshop in the park. The layout is 70 baseplates (10X7). The lightgray buildings are from our hand.

You can read all about the event en see more pictures HERE.

SWLLG-PR-01.jpg

Edited by KimT

confused0054.gif How big is that thing?

Absolutely gobsmacking on how much detail and effort went into this. I cannot imagine how long it would take to make this but with that beautiful building and all the little details spread throughout I am sure it was darn expensive.

I would love to see this thing in real life just to see everything up-close because I just can't start to describe it now, I am Speechless. :classic:

That thing is ginormous! One thing that's odd though, while the battle droids are advancing, a lot of clog troopers are just standing in ranks right close by. Give the prodders to shoot already! :tongue:

Borrowed from Burman: confused0054.gif WTFOMG!?! That's one hell of a massive SW diorama... At first I thought it was a midi/mini-scale display, until I realized it was MF-scale! I even see my ARC Gunship there. :tongue: Truly excellent job to all those who did that SW diorama. My hats off to all of you guys. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

So this is bigger than Brickplumber's Hoth, bigger than KimT's Yavin, and bigger than ACPin's Naboo, right?

*huh*

Holy cow! That's one impressive scene right there! *oh2*

Can't really comment on it, except for the multiple Anis, Obis and Ahsokas and the lack of a real gunfight or troopers in the base itself.

Apart from that this is a masterpiece. :sweet:

confused0054.gif How big is that thing?

Absolutely gobsmacking on how much detail and effort went into this. I cannot imagine how long it would take to make this but with that beautiful building and all the little details spread throughout I am sure it was darn expensive.

I would love to see this thing in real life just to see everything up-close because I just can't start to describe it now, I am Speechless. :classic:

I totally agree! Especially with this one: confused0054.gif

That is smegging AWESOME - what a CW scene ! :grin:

Even heavy cannons too - SWEET ! :wink:

Man, this beats ACPin sadly, but like wow......I'll show my son this image.....then my only problem is then he'll want to make it ! :blush:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

@Brickus: It is indeed inspired by the battle of Christophsis but we have given it our own twist ...

Do click on the HERE link for more pictures ...

Edited by legopapa

One awesome MOC display :wub:

I agree with what was mentioned before; kinda weird that there is a parade on one side and a battle on the other. But the buildings and scene are so impressive! Very nice touch with the force field. :cry_happy:

This is every Star Wars fanatics dream come true. I bet i could build that center left building and be out of gray pieces, I would love to see the detail for myself, Thank you for posting this picture!

*oh2**huh*:wub:

Is about all I can say. Man that really tops the cake for a MOC, IM still goo GOO over it!!

Flippen amazing Legopapa and everyone that helped. I wish I could just take it!

Any chance you could get some close ups of the heavy cannons that are on the left hand side? They look like official TLC sets, Id love to try to make them. :wub:

still in awe! CF

@CommanderFox and CarrollFilms: I hope you have seen all the pictures??? Click the HERE link in the opening post ... much more detailed pictures ...

Edited by legopapa

Wow this is truly incredible!!! The skill that has gone into building this is incredible! I love the design of the stairs on the largest building :wub:

Could I ask, how long did it take you to build this, and around how much did it cost?

Will it be displayed anywhere again?

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

@Batman1:

I can only say how long the lightgray buildings took to build. The part in the middle (the assault and victory parade) was already build and was only modified in Legoland for a better fit.

Going on the picture displayed in the opening post:

The large building at the back with landingplatform (right of the large building) and powerplant (left of the large building) took about 4 months also because Sky4walker didn't like the construction of the walls of the building so he changed that.

The buildings/towers on the left with the blue windows and all of the buildings in the front took about 2 months to build. I have to admit that I was home a lot more than Sky4walker so I had more time during the day to build.

Note: all the buildings were made modular for easy transport.

The costs?? No idea ...

It will be displayed (if all goes well) only ones more at Legoworld in Zwolle, The Netherlands (oktober 2010).

@R5-N2:

The dome was purpose-made for this moc ...

Edited by legopapa

amzing.. nothing more to say.. great job..

one question to the imperial inspection setup: where did those figs come from? never seen so many of them or even close to it one moc... breathtaking...

... one question to the imperial inspection setup: where did those figs come from? ...

Well, it took a bit of recruiting ... but at the end we had enough volunteers :wink:

Well, it took a bit of recruiting ... but at the end we had enough volunteers :wink:

ok, at least now i know that there is no person out there that owns that amount of figs :-) I really would have loved to see that on site... amazing job on both!