How good is this set?  

126 members have voted

1. 2. What is your opinon of this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Really bad

Thank you so much for this review! The set looks even better than I gathered from the official pictures. Sooo many lovely details. Very good of you to take the time and trouble to show them to us.

Two little questions:

- Is the printing on Filch's head in brown? (Looks like he has brown eye-brows in your photo, right?)

- Does Dumbledore wear glasses on both sides of his head? (It's either glasses or wrinkles on that lowest pic of him, I can't really make it out.)

@ It All End Here: Sorry for not putting that in my review, but I seldom or never take the capes out and put them on the figs.

Same goes with some of the stickers that is supposed to sit on the castle walls making it look like rocks.

@ Mr Spiebrick: His eyes are black what I can tell and Dumbledores head has glases on one side, and without on the other side.

His mouth is different on both sides as well. But you never really get to see it if you dont remove the beard, or use it for other purposes.

Again thanks for the nice coments everybody. I really need to sign up for Reviewers Acadamy now.

Thanks SO much for this absolutely stunning review Ras 74, the amount of detail you've gone into has really sold me on this set. I'm not a Harry potter fan myself, but this set contains so many fleshies and bricks and parts and lovely, lovely, lovely tan that I simply must get it. The Dementors are particularly wonderful and I'll find great use for those capes. Ultimately this will be the ultimate non-Batman set to continue my creation of that universe. The raggedy suit will be perfect for Harvey Bullock.

I digress though, I'm going into my own little world again :blush: I love the owls, fantastic prints there, and the detail and little bits and pieces for each room is great.

I will definitely be getting this set!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

this is a great review! i love the great hall because of all the food, and i love all the little details, like the james potter shield and the book behind the knight. thanks for doing this, now i know all the secrets of hogwarts!

Thanks for the review, but it could use a few more pictures! I know Seleve (I can't remember his name, I'm so sorry) reviewed his own edition, but I'd love some more pictures of the outside of the castle. Maybe of it all closed up, that would be swell.

Another printed tile. Doesn´t "Powerfull" spells with one "L"?

post-114-128415872488.jpg

you are absolutely right. this tile was also in the kingdom's dragon wizard impulse set. frankly, even the grammar is wrong.

Parts: Didn´t count

:tongue: That's the spirit! Ahh you make me laugh!

Lucky you to have this set before anyone else! Thanks for sharing it with us all.

Even at im not a big fan of LEGO Harry Potter, now i feel at i HAVE TO get this. I have readed all the books many many times thrue but today i havent readed them and havent watched that last movie, why? Because the fift movie was such a disappointment so i guess this one is too. Anyway, Great rewier, i am going to buy this when i can

Captain Becker

How is this a review? You hardly wrote anything.

Way to thank someone for delivering us detailed pictures of a set that just came out or isn't even out at most parts of the world :hmpf_bad:

Thanks a lot for the review! Looking forward to the full-set pictures, i hope you also take some with the castle beeing folded up, since the first time i saw it i was wondering how it looks that way. The details and parts in this set are absolutely incredible, i wish the "CASTLE-castles" had that amount of detail in them! I'm not a harry potter fan usually, but i will definitely get this one for my castle collection.

Great set, interesting and hmmm... nice. I want it.

Not so good review, there's only photos...

But thanks for this! :classic:

Edited by Set Sprinter

@ metalandi and some others: I will add the promissed picture tomorrow (as it turns out).

I will also add some insight points to those who misses that.

:wub: Thank you so much for the review of this set. It looks really beautiful and it will be my delight to purchase it.

I think this is one of the best lego Harry Potter sets ever :classic:

Big Thanks for this, it has made my day.

I am not often getting ego, but this time I will make an exeption. Def? Def?? :tongue:

My apologizes. :blush: Fixed. I sometimes get you two mixed up. :laugh:

Great set, interesting and hmmm... nice. I want it.

Not so good review, there's only photos...

But thanks for this! :classic:

And another one...read what he wrote at the beginning of the review, he clearly said he is not usual a reviewer, and therefore it looks how it looks. You and all others should be happy that we get early pictures of this great set, and stop bitching.

I think this set is fantastic. The attention to detail, abundance of little secret treasures, high minifig count and good overall look really make this a standout. Definitely the best Hogwarts we've gotten thus far. If it wasn't so pricey, I would stanch this up for sure.

You are clearly not a Harry Potter fan, but thanks for the review anyway. :P

And another one...read what he wrote at the beginning of the review, he clearly said he is not usual a reviewer, and therefore it looks how it looks. You and all others should be happy that we get early pictures of this great set, and stop bitching.

And he said he will post more pictures when he gets daylight... :hmpf: If you don't like the early review, track down the set and do one yourself...

I really want this set, but this has been quite a year with spending, so my wallet doesn't... Maybe this will await me on Christmas morning :laugh:

As I don't have any other Hogwarts sets, I am glad Lego went all out on this one, because it has absolutely great figures and works fantastically as a stand-alone set, while the others were merely portions of the castle and were meant to be combined.

This and the Burrow easily have potential to be the best sets of 2010. :wub:

-Derek

Wow! This set is awesome. Great review! This castle is far better than any other one we have had so far. There is so much detail and fan candy. The Quibbler and Daily Prophet are winners. I have been waiting for them and they look exactly like they should. I really wish I had an extra $120 lying around. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to afford this set. :cry_sad:

Thanks for sharing this review Ras! For someone who will not be able to purchase this set, this review might be the closest thing I'll ever appreciate the various elements of this massive set. It's quite interesting to see the oh-so highly detailed owls, which TLG has been doing a lot in recent sets (Grievous, Boba Fett, etc.). I don't know how this compares to previous versions of Hogwarts, but I see this makes for a good playset, and also presents a lot of MOCing possibilities, especially since the various rooms were reduced to lego set-size and could be further improved with the right amount of pieces and creativity.

Man, now that I have seen this set in all its glorious detail, I want it more than ever. :cry_sad: My bank is gonna hate me...

Anyway, thanks for this nice early review! The minifigs and printed animals are great, and the castle itself seems to be the best Hogwarts set yet! The only things I don't like about it are the lack of Ron and the steep price. Other than that, it's great, and I'm really glad the theme is back, even if it's only for one wave.

Another printed tile. Doesn´t "Powerfull" spell with one "L"?

Looks like some student is getting an F for spelling. :tongue:

That's the cutest version of Miss Norris I've ever saw. :wub:

Thank you for the nice review.

Has Professor Flickwick some printing on his backside?