WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 2 Building Contest

Just got my vignette built and uploaded, this is such a fun contest, the first vignette I've ever built :laugh:

Can there be another minifigure in the vignette? My extra really just ties the whole thing together.

One thing I noticed that was uncovered. Can we vote for ourselves? Or do you have to vote for other people?

I'm pretty sure that you have to vote for someone else. :wink:

WOW! i was never able to enter the previouse contest, but kept an eye on it as a guest, Thank you whitefang and those who helped set this up, I have a second chance to enter. :thumbup::sweet:

One question though, are we allowed to use other minifigs (ones not in ethier serires) in the 8*8?

Can I join the contest without getting a prize if I win? (which will be really hard, there are lot of amazing builders here)

I mean, to give up the prize and enter the contest for the fun.

I'll take it.

why oh why (just out of curiosity) are the pieces from series 2 not allowed and why are the minifigs not allowed to be shown? I really don't get the meaning for this rule. it just seems constricted without any reason.

On the other hand you make the rules and the fun of this forum, so it's fine anyhow!

thanks for putting up this great contest.

regards

why oh why (just out of curiosity) are the pieces from series 2 not allowed and why are the minifigs not allowed to be shown? I really don't get the meaning for this rule. it just seems constricted without any reason.

Because not everyone has Series 2 minifigures yet [they're not even available in some countries], and since building a scene relating to them is the focus of the contest, it puts everyone on level ground.

Because not everyone has Series 2 minifigures yet [they're not even available in some countries], and since building a scene relating to them is the focus of the contest, it puts everyone on level ground.

Meh, it's kinda restive, though. I.E., if I'm doing an entry for the surfer, can I replace his surfboard with another that already exists?

I have attempt to answer the questions below, even though my rules has stated clearly. Please read the rules and ask something related to the contest, especially areas which I have not covered earlier. Appreciate it very much. Thanks.

I mean, to give up the prize and enter the contest for the fun.

Yes, it's possible and it happens before in the previous Minifigures Series 1 contest.

Can we vote for ourselves? Or do you have to vote for other people?

No. You are not allow to vote for your own entry. The voting rules will be further explained once the categories are closed.

Can there be another minifigure in the vignette? My extra really just ties the whole thing together.

You can include other minifigures of any other types. I don't quite understand your question.

One question though, are we allowed to use other minifigs (ones not in ethier serires) in the 8*8?

Yes, you are allowed. Refer to the previous contest for examples related to Category A.

Because other parts of the world have not gotten their Minifigures Series 2 and it will serve as an unfair advantage for those who owns them and used it in their entries.

Are there any tags up at stake?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Meh, it's kinda restive, though. I.E., if I'm doing an entry for the surfer, can I replace his surfboard with another that already exists?

Yes, you can replace his surfboard for other existing elements. No new Minifigures Series 2 elements/parts are allowed. I know what are those parts.

Sweet! If I win can I also choose a fig. 2 or times?

Read the prizes distribution again.

Wow, there are so many entries in such a short time. Participants are to take note of my comments in their respective entry. Most of the time, if you see a long comment in your entry, it means there are some adjustments that you need to do before the entry is accepted. Thanks.

WhiteFang: I know you answered that you can't use *cut up stickers* but can you use unmodified official stickers?

Yes, it's allowed.

I have attempt to answer the questions below, even though my rules has stated clearly. Please read the rules and ask something related to the contest, especially areas which I have not covered earlier. Appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Yes, it's possible and it happens before in the previous Minifigures Series 1 contest.

Thanks for the answer, WhiteFang. (It was only hypothetically, I want the prize! :sweet: )

Eurobricks is really great. :thumbup:

TLG too :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by noname

6th place gets to choose from the 1 remaining figure! Haha. Decisions, decisions.

I betcha he won't be getting the Spartan! Lol.

Hmm, this is one of the few EB contests that has perked my interest, I might consider entering... hmm...

Awesome contest! I really enjoyed the first one, and I'll definitely enter this one too! Especially Category B intrigues me. I have some questions though:

Can we modify the required Series 1 minifig for category B? For example, Can we change the head in order to give it a different facial expression?

Can we use a cut-out part of, say, an instructions page in our entry?

Is it OK to have a stand-in for the Series 2 fig as some have already included in their entry?

Participants, you are strongly advised to check your submitted entry for my comments. If you see my comments in your entry, it means you needs to do something about it and if you don't see any, it means you are pretty safe for now.

Can we modify the required Series 1 minifig for category B? For example, Can we change the head in order to give it a different facial expression?

No, the required minifigure needs to be in the original state.

Can we use a cut-out part of, say, an instructions page in our entry?

This is something new? A cut out of the TLG instruction page? Personally, it will be leading towards customisation aspect, so I don't permit that.

Is it OK to have a stand-in for the Series 2 fig as some have already included in their entry?

This question is in between and is stepping on the thin line. IMHO, I discourage the use of stand-in unless it's totally required but if you needs a firm answer from me, I will need to think about it first.

On another note, I just realised one of the entry is using such concept too. :sceptic:

Aargh. None of the stores in my area ever got so much as one box of series 1! That rules out Category B for me :hmpf_bad: .

Oh well, I can still try for category A...

Are the entries WIP? As in can we give advise to the entrees?

It can be WIP to a large extent until the deadline gets closer (less than a week). Participants are allow to retake their photos and make adjustments to improve the overall presentation better especially picture clarity and quality.

However, if you are intending to change the entire entry concept after submission, it's best that you clear with me first and get a replacement up as soon as you can, otherwise it's not fair to others who have decided to share their entry early. Then again, I will normally reject it unless you have a strong valid reason to do so.

In this case, EB member, legowill1 has withdraw his earlier submitted entry and is working on his entry again since his entry image is very small and can't be seen which will ultimately lead to disqualification.

EB Members may feel free to drop their advise/opnions in this disucssion thread to share their thoughts on the submitted entries. Maybe you could