Rick

Collectible Minifigs: What's your favorite new part mold?

What's your favorite new part mold?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Series 1 (8683)

• Chearleaders pom poms
    • Cavemans club
    • Cavemans hair and beard
    • Clowns horn
    • Clowns/afro hair
    • Skaters hair
    • Robots helmet
    • Magicians wand/3L bar
    • Nurses hair
    • Nurses syringe
    • Spacemans ray gun
  2. 2. Series 2 (8684)

• Karate masters trophy
    • Life guards float
    • Maraca mans Mexican sombrero
    • Maraca mans maraca
    • Mimes beret
    • Pharaohs staff
    • Pop stars microphone
    • Pop stars hair
    • Skiers beanie
    • Skiers ski pole
    • Skiers ski
    • Spartan warriors shield
    • Spartan warriors helmet
    • Spartan warriors spear
    • Surfers surf board
    • Weightlifters weights

The Collectible Minifig series have brought us a lot of new part molds. What's your favorite new element that is introduced in each of the two series so far?

Please indicate your choices in the poll.

Note: I'm not talking about prints. And I haven't included parts that have been slightly modified for the collectible minifig series, such as the bow and arrow and the chicken leg. Also, I haven't included parts that were introduced in series 1, such as the clown/afro hair, in the series 2 choices again. (And yes, I know that LEGO Club's 'Max' had the hair before the Skater, but it was introduced on a large scale with the collectible minifigs.)

Series 1 (8683)

87997pb01.jpg Cheerleader's pom poms

bb457.jpg Caveman's club

87999.jpg Caveman's hair and beard

horn.jpg Clown's horn

87995.jpg Clown's/'afro' hair

87991.jpg Skater's hair

87992.jpg Robot's helmet

bb149p01.jpg Magician's wand/3 studs long bar

bb150.jpg Nurse's syringe

87990.jpg Nurse's hair

bb151.jpg Spaceman's ray gun

Series 2 (8684)

90398.jpg Karate Master's trophy

90395.jpg Lifeguard's float

90307pb01.jpg Maraca Man's Mexican sombrero

90301pb01.jpg Marca Man's maraca

90386.jpg Mime's beret

bb469.jpg Pharaoh's staff

90370pb01.jpg Pop star's microphone

90396.jpg Pop star's hair

90541.jpg Skier's beanie

90514.jpg Skier's ski pole

90509.jpg Skier's ski

91884.jpg Spartan warrior's shield

90392pb01.jpg Spartan warrior's helmet

bb468pb01.jpg Spartan warrior's spear

90397pb01.jpg Surfer's surf board

91049c01.jpg Weightlifter's weight (just the weight, excluding the bar)

This is easy: Series 2: Spartans head and the dark red cape :wub: And then the Karates trophy, im i the only 1 who think at it would be perfect for Oscar gala MOC??? Its kinda same looking :wink:

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

I vote for the spacemans raygun ans the pop stars hair. The raygun looks really pulpy and can be used in a lot of occasions.

The pop stars hair is, for me, simply one of the best female hairpieces ever. I hope they re-release it in many different colours.

One other thing is, put the hair on the lifeguard and you got an almost 1:1 minifig incarnation of the great Farrah Fawcett (RIP). Absolute fantastic.

Edited by Plissken

Really hard to decide, they are all so good! :wub:

But eventually I settled for Skater's hair and Skiers Beanie, it could however just as well had been Nurse's and Pop Star's hair.

And then the Karates trophy, im i the only 1 who think at it would be perfect for Oscar gala MOC??? Its kinda same looking :wink:

Oddly enougth I was thinking something very similar :laugh:

I voted for;

the skater hair from series one (a new hair mold is always good news to me,can't have everyone wearing a bowl cut in lego city can we now? :wink: )

the sombero for series two, because well frankly..... its a sombero and they are pretty cool

GToast

Really hard to choose! I voted skater's hair and skier's skis as they are most useful to me right now, but it could easily have been something else when I have another MOC in mind :laugh:

I voted for the syringe and Spartan helmet - useful and long-awaited, respectively!

Technically, the Skater's hair shouldn't be on that list - it was available on Lego Club Max just before Series 1's release :tongue:

That was an extremely difficult poll for me! In Series One I voted for the space gun because it is so unique and exaclty what my pulp hero spaceman of the 50's needed. The skater hair was a close second because I've already used it for FOUR (counting two surfer's blonde pieces) characters.

In Series Two it was just as hard. As cool and unique as the helmet is, I had to go with the trophy. I'm planning on painting it and adding small wings to make a fairy character.

Tough one, for Series 2 anyhow. Series 1, I went with the lazer gun because it looks great by itself, but several can be combined to create a variety of interesting shapes I plan to use, and they also make great greebling. It's a very versatile and classy piece.

Series 2, I ended up plumbing for the Pharoah's staff. I'm a huge fan of Egyptian themes so, while it's the exact opposite of the ray gun in terms of utility, it's still a rather excellent little thingumybob. The popstar's hair is probably what I'll use most often.

Technically, the Skater's hair shouldn't be on that list - it was available on Lego Club Max just before Series 1's release :tongue:

:hmpf_bad:

(And yes, I know that LEGO Club's 'Max' had the hair before the Skater, but it was introduced on a large scale with the collectible minifigs.)

My favorite from series 2 is easily the mime's beret, although some other parts like the microphone, pop star's hair, and the beanie are welcome additions to the LEGO parts universe as well. Series 1 is harder. The 3L bar is a pretty important part and there are some really nice hairpieces released with series 1, not to mention the pom poms. :sweet: Nurse's hair it is, I guess.

I voted for the Syringe and Spartan Helmet. My brother brought back 70 packets of the little guys from his trip, and caught me totally off guard. I'm very impressed by a lot of the molds, specifically the microphone and weights.

I was split between the skater hair and the ray gun in series 1. In series 2, despite my love for the spartan I had to vote for the sombrero. My wild west gun fighter game needed a little help from south of the border.

Ahab out................

between sombero and spartan helmet, as a history buff I'd hafta go for spartan helmet. How long have lego fans been askin for a greek/roman/spartan minifig?

For series 1 I chose the clown wig/afro, because it's totally different from any hair piece previously available, and I'm really happy to see it come back in black - arguably a more useful colour - in Series 2.

For series 2 I chose the Spartan warrior's helmet, it's a real piece of art. Perhaps not so polyvalent, but it would also look good in a museum, a treasure horde or ship wreck underwater.

I voted for the Spartan helmet and the nurses hair. The helmet is just an awesome new piece that works great as a helmet for a minifigure or a great piece of decoration inside of a MOC. The nurses hair is almost as good looking as the mold of Tamina´s hair from the PoP theme. But in the end I´m extremely pleased with all the new parts.