Sign in to follow this  
Tricky-Brick

[MOC] Acclamator-Class Assault Ship

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

Here's my second MOC post on Eurobricks: The Acclamator-Class Assault Ship.

These ships were used for planetary assaults during the Clone Wars, and were able to enter a planet's atmosphere and land troops. They could accomodate 80 LAAT gunships, as well as 320 speeder bikes(according to wookieepedia). During the Galactic Civil War, they were somewhat outdated, but were still used to patrol the backwater areas of the Galaxy.

My Acclamator can accomodate approximately 4 speeder bikes(comfortably), and i wouldnt suggest trying to fit any gunships in there.

So, onto the pictures...

_9031207.jpg

Here it is. It isn't as big as i had originally planned, but this used up my grey plates almost in entirety(There's more in there than meets the eye).

_9031212.jpg

from the back. You can see the technic bars in there.

_9031213.jpg

from the diaganol. You can see the colorscheme here. it is almost like the normal colorscheme for Clone Wars acclamators, but i dont believe the giant republic logo was on the Clone Wars coloscheme.

_9031219.jpg

From the side. Getting the underside plates to fit together without much space inbetween was difficult.

_9031220.jpg

From the bottom. I had to use a rubber band to hold the plate to the base of the ship.

_9031234.jpg

From the top.

_9031237.jpg

from the front.

_9031238.jpg

The stacking of plates on top of each other without any form of true connection. A method i would prefer not to use, but had no other choice in for this project.

_9031242.jpg

_9031244.jpg

Compared next to its comrade. I think mine is a bit big compared to the official Lego Venator.(as you may have noticed, mine lacks all the republic red pieces. i took them off to use for MOCs that needed them more. I refer to this as my end-of-Episode III-Venator.

Well, there it is. This isnt my favorite MOC, but when i set out to make an Acclamator i wasn't going to give up. i went through various other methods of design, but none of them worked as well as this one. So, not my proudest presentation, but i figured i'd share it nevertheless.

Thanks for looking!

-Tricky-Brick

Not bad at all. :thumbup: Only thing is it is too big compared to the LEGO Venator, and maybe a bit fat as far as proportions are concerned.

Pretty good build Tricky-Bricky. :thumbup: I think you got the overall shape right, I'm just not so sure about those observable gaps between the stacked plates. Maybe when you have the spare parts/pieces you could try to fix that. One more thing I would suggest is the addition of details and greebles at the sides, just like in the Venator.

Looks very nice, and accurate to my eye. Only thing is, greebling could be a bit better. Might I suggest dark grey tiles scattered around the top?

Might I suggest dark grey tiles scattered around the top?

The top of the hull? I think that would make it look extremely patchworked and not at all like a Star Destroyer. Old grey would do better, but I'd concentrate on greebling the line between the hull plates, not the plates themselves.

Hello!

This is very good! :classic: The techniques you used work perfectly here. I might have one minor contruction tip if allowed. The back fin seems too short. It should be slightly longer than the straight part of the wings (the tile plate in your model). But this may vary depending on different source materials. Otherwise it's a pretty nice model. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I'd concentrate on greebling the line between the hull plates, not the plates themselves.

Sorry Doctor, that's what I meant. I should have made myself clearer.

Acclamators shouldn't have Open Circle fleet markings...

Sorry but accurate as it is, it's got large gaps everywhere. I would recommend you fix this before adding any additional detail. And you might want to check the shape. And maybe the section around the tower should be raised more conspicuously?

However, I think you captured the bridge, the boosters, and the lump in the back perfectly. The overall shape of the ship is spot on.

Hello again!

I have taken your comments into consideration, and made a few changes to the model.

_9051247.jpg

here it is. The colorscheme is a little bit different. the Open Circle marking is a bit farther down the ship, and there are now five stripes instead of 3. I think this colorscheme is more accurate.

_9051248.jpg

Another shot from the front.

_9051250.jpg

The engines. You can't really see it here, but the tail is longer.

_9051251.jpg

from the side. you can see the longer tail, as well as the greebles on the side.

_9051252.jpg

heres the major addition: The raised bridge platform-thing. Although now i realize that the sides are supposed to be flat until this hump. But i've put too much work into this to tear it down and make it all flat. It will just have to remain inacurrate.

_9051253.jpg

The greebles. The gaps in between the plates have been reduced, although i still cant find a way to completely seal that one gap off.

_9051260.jpg

The fleet, in all it's incorrectly-proportioned glory.

Just caught up with your creation 'Tricky-Brick' - your updated ship is very nice indeed...Lego is always tricky to get particular shapes right ! :wink:

Great work and I'm a conformist! 'Tricky-Brick' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I think you got the shape right, but I agree with Doc that the island is a bit too tall. You sure fixed the size compared to the Venator though :classic:

Very nice job on this Acclamator ship Tricky-Brick :thumbup:

I agree with Prateek that the size and shape is alot better now.

The colour scheme is nice aswell.

Overall a good job! :sweet:

CF

Looks much better now Tricky-bricky, it's nice to see the greebles now, thought it still looks kinda fat in the front. Can you somehow flatten the front top part a bit, just like in the ref. pic?

Alright, i believe i fixed the bridge island. Here's some pics:

vid00168_0001.jpg

Its much shorter and less profound now.

vid00168_0003.jpg

vid00168_0004.jpg

There's the changes. It's not much, but i believe it fixes the overall look of the model. I'll have some more pictures later of the ship in its entirety.

Thank's for reading!

Tricky-Brick

Great, looking better by the day. It's nice to know that you actually listen to your peers' suggestions - that's a sign of a good MOCer. default_blink.gif Keep it up Tricky-Brick!