Sign in to follow this  
Duke

The Scream - Edvard Munch

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I built a very basic bit of an art gallery setting the other day and today I managed to think of something to put in it. The people aren't wonderful since I don't normally do any present day MOCs but anyway the focus is on the painting.

Here's the original for reference:

the_scream.jpg

Overview Shot:

dsc01036.jpg

Angled Shot:

dsc01039.jpg

Without people:

dsc01040.jpg

There are a couple of close-ups in the gallery when it's moderated. Hope you like it :thumbup:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Interesting idea, and very well executed. There's probably a better head you could use but this is instantly recognisable, and the water backdrop is particularly effective.

I love the backdrop in the painting, but the minifig could've been better.

I don't know if all of you know this, but this painting was stolen from a museum a few years ago. I hope it will be one day recovered, since it's such an influential and striking piece of art.

Thanks for the comments everyone, any suggestions on how to improve the minifigure? I wanted to keep it quite simple.

Thanks for the comments everyone, any suggestions on how to improve the minifigure? I wanted to keep it quite simple.

I would've actually used this Mime's head instead of the female one:

3626bpb455.jpg

With white hands, of course. :wink:

I would've actually used this Mime's head instead of the female one:

3626bpb455.jpg

With white hands, of course. :wink:

I would actually have used the caroler face from the Winter Toy Shop.

In any case, this is a great MOC--you've really captured the feel of the painting very well! The minifig head just needs a little change, and it'll be spot on!

Thanks for the further comments and head suggestions, I agree that the caroler head would look good but I don't have one or plans to get one soon. I've added it to my bricklink wanted list of stuff to look out for though :thumbup: . I have ordered a few of the new series of minifigs from Lego so i'll have to see if I get a mime amongst them and if so then i'll try out the face Sandy suggested.