Legostein

Micro AT-ST

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everyone!

Today I'd like to present you a model that is long overdue in my collection - the AT-ST. Let me quickly explain why. The official mini AT-ST of the LEGO® company is one of the few mini models of them that I really like. Hence I decided to go smaller for my version, and the idea how to do that came to me a few weeks ago. :classic:

So here it is, the 9-piece All-Terrain Scout Transport (AT-ST). Click the image to get the instructions.

at-st-1.jpg

It uses a pair of droid arms and a droid torso. The torso allows for the attachment of a 1x1 clip plate enabling us to get the front of the head slightly sloped. :classic:

Have a great sunday everyone!

Yours Christopher.

That's an excellent micro model! Just as the rest of your mini collection!

Now if only the Empire had such a small piece count for Their AT-STs they would have been unstoppable at Endor!

Anyways :grin: This is excellent and very piece efiiecient too. I f you want you could probably make a whole little army out of these!

How close is this to 1:200 scale? Because it looks about the size of Roguebantha's AT-ST, which you have definitely bested. :thumbup:

Sheer brilliance! only 9 pieces and there is no doudbt when you see it your looking at an AT-ST. What I find mind boggeling is the amount of detail you can get with this amount of pieces.

WOW!

i think this is my favourite mini model of yours, Legostein

Instantly recognisable, clean, detailed and perfect!

Personally I never use the connection that you've used for the feet, but it definitely looks great like that, and the droid arms are surprisingly effective, and I bet using this basic plan you could make numerous AT-ST variants. There are quite a few similar, yet subtly different versions you could make.

I think you could make it in Tan, too - A desert version!

Glad to see more of your work, regards

Will/Rocketbilly

This is truly outstanding work, the resemblance is striking and still it uses only a few pieces.

Great work as always!

Gaetano

Wow! This is amazing! The only thing is that it can't really stand on it's own.

This is just ingenuity at its best - a very impressive 9-piece creation indeed. With that small piece count you were able to get the basic shape of AT-ST. Great work as usual Legostein! :thumbup:

Wow how do you do it. This is just amazing you have really captured the shape of an AT-ST. In the wise words off Master Yoda "Great is this." :yoda:

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

Incredible work Legostein. Even in one small model, you've managed to incorperate a good deal of detail. Nice!

I don't seem to remember that quote....

Neither..

Thats one tiny walker!

truly you are the master of mini's! :sweet:

CF

Hello again everyone!

I am flattered by all the nice words for this tiny walker! :classic:

I admit that it's not all too stable with the solution for the feet. It's a technique I normall strictly avoid as it's kind of an illegal connection. But the scale of the AT-ST presented here is so small that I didn't see any other solution at that time. And it needs the 2x4 clear plate to not bend over. But I guess it's good enough for the display cabinet. :classic:

Thanks again and see you all soon!

~ Christopher

And it needs the 2x4 clear plate to not bend over.

No, it shouldn't. :grin:

Move the droid arms slightly back on the clip, so that only the forward-most arm of the clip on the droid arm is squeezed into the 1x1 clip. Then rotate the walker slightly backwards until it balances. :classic:

No, it shouldn't. :grin:

Move the droid arms slightly back on the clip, so that only the forward-most arm of the clip on the droid arm is squeezed into the 1x1 clip. Then rotate the walker slightly backwards until it balances. :classic:

Yes it can also stand when it's moving, meaning making a step. But it looks kind of weird, so I went for the plate as it's the more typical AT-ST pose. :wink:

~ Christopher

Yes it can also stand when it's moving, meaning making a step. But it looks kind of weird, so I went for the plate as it's the more typical AT-ST pose. :wink:

~ Christopher

No, I meant change the position in which the droid arm attaches to the clip.

See, if only the forward-most portion of the hand of each droid arm is attached to the clips, then you can play around with the angle at which the walker stands until it balances.