Sign in to follow this  
J4ke

Pokémon Cubedudes - Ash Ketchum

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

So I took a break from sorting and I built.

4932359661_6bb69d3c58_z.jpg

Kanto1 by .Jake, on Flickr

Photoset, featuring Hoenn, Sinnoh and Isshu outfits.

Ash Ketchum in his Kanto and Johto outfit, with Pikacube perched on his shoulder. This is my first attempt at cubedudes, and I love how they came out, great fun to build. Legs are a bit odd because I don't have any bricks in sand blue. But I still like it.

Cubedude concept by Angus Maclane.

Comments welcomed!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

My favorite aspect of this cool MOC must be the hair, great use of the slope pieces to mimic his signature messy and spiky hair. The outfit also resembles the character very well. For the Pikachu's head, I would suggest using a 2x2 yellow plate, two 1x1 red plates opposite each other for the spots (and then two 1x1 yellow plates adjacent to them), and finally another 2x2 yellow to finish it off. Just an idea, I know you weren't going for detail based on the comment you wrote.

Overall, this is a great CubeDude for a first attempt :thumbup:

these are pretty good!I personalyy think that his originaly costume looks the best. But altogether an excellent cubedude :thumbup:

It'll sound weird though when Pika attacks people though :tongue: :

Ash: Pikacube, use geometric lighting!

Pikacube: Piiikkkaaa---Cuuuubbbeeee!

Very nicely done J4ke, quite impressive for your first attempt. default_thumbup.gif The 'Dude is easily recognizable as Ash. Great use of your available colored parts to achieve the overall look of Ash. Picacube (clever name btw), is also pretty decent considering the difficulty pulling-off the look of small creatures.