Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

10188 Death Star stand?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

As my knowledge of pieces are limited, perhaps you guys can help.

I am getting the Death Star set. I plan to use my UCS DS to shell the exterior. I would like to make use of the UCS stand but want to be able to rotate the DS. Is there any robust spinning parts that could support the weight of the DS?

Shouldn't this be in the (general LEGO Star Wars questions)?

I wasn't sure since it is more vague. Not technically about SW legos. I just need a robust pivot solution.

There's part 30516c02, from the AT-TE; it's a 4-wide, 2-high turntable with grooves that make it click into position, like a turntable version of the clicky-hinge.

30516c02.gif

There's part 30516c02, from the AT-TE; it's a 4-wide, 2-high turntable with grooves that make it click into position, like a turntable version of the clicky-hinge.

30516c02.gif

I also have a similar piece to this, only the base is different. However it is just a turntable with no clicky. I'm not sure but if you try to turn the DS with the clicky turntable it might be too stiff and it may risk damage and breakage. I'm not sure of the piece id though, I'll be searching for it.

EDIT: This is what I meant LINK.

3403c01.jpg?1

Edited by Skipper 24

I also have a similar piece to this, only the base is different. However it is just a turntable with no clicky. I'm not sure but if you try to turn the DS with the clicky turntable it might be too stiff and it may risk damage and breakage. I'm not sure of the piece id though, I'll be searching for it.

It depends on how he attaches it. 10188 is fairly solid, build straight up with plates and bricks. If he's planning on attaching the turntable with Technic, then I'd recommend large gears instead of turntables, like in the 8047 Compact Excavator set. If the connection will be made with System bricks, I don't foresee any structural issues.

I went to the Lego Store to buy the DS and some kid bought it just as I got there!!!! Last one too.

I was thinking of using technic pieces. The base of the DS has a square hole. I was thinking of sandwiching technic bricks to surround the hole. then i can attach more technic inside.

Now that's just ironic....

You could also use the flat 2X2 spinny thing as well. However you should surround it by flat smoothe surface plates to help with support.

I'd recommend going the Technic route. There's a reason why nowadays LEGO primarily uses Technic structures for large and complex structures that need significant support. Technic provides a sturdy frame that isn't likely to fall apart easily.

If he's planning on attaching the turntable with Technic, then I'd recommend large gears instead of turntables, like in the 8047 Compact Excavator set.

Can you elaborate? I took a look at the online instructions but could not figure out how it turns.

Can you elaborate? I took a look at the online instructions but could not figure out how it turns.

Sorry, I don't actually own the set. :blush: I just notice that that's a popular technique among Technic fans.