Sign in to follow this  
michaelozzie

French Revolution

Here are some photos of my latest project. This is the 112 Demi-Brigade as it was created as part of the reforms of the French army during the Revolution. These Regiments were full of eager volunteers and conscripted soldiers raised to defend the Republic from its many enemies. I like the ragged look of the soldiers at this time as it allows alot of variations in the uniforms. This regiment fought against the Austrians, Prussians, Dutch and British in Belgium and then later in Italy. It was a regiment filled mainly with Belgians during the Empire period under Napoleon.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

That's looking very good!

It's very detailed and the small variety in uniforms is a nice touch as well.

I also like the flag a lot, but I would have liked it more on a brown stick instead of blue, but maybe brown ones don't exist this size.

Anyway, it's frontpaged. [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

The Admiral beats the Captain. :pir-tongue:

Great minifigs michaelozzie! :thumbup: Again you are one of the best customizers I've seen.

The only thing I dislike is the blue flagpole, brown would look better I think.

Furthermore it's just excellent.

The Admiral beats the Captain. :pir-tongue:

Great minifigs michaelozzie! :thumbup: Again you are one of the best customizers I've seen.

The only thing I dislike is the blue flagpole, brown would look better I think.

Furthermore it's just excellent.

I totally agree, the brown or black or white would be better than a blue one. And i wonder once again why the heck im on the French army.. cant remember anything at i would go and joined on it, or then i just have drinked too much again :pirate_sad2: No comments :pir-tongue: Anyway Great army, i love all the details (And Joeys pants of course), Very nice decals mate, keep it up

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

I totally agree, the brown or black or white would be better than a blue one. And i wonder once again why the heck im on the French army.. cant remember anything at i would go and joined on it, or then i just have drinked too much again :pirate_sad2: No comments :pir-tongue: Anyway Great army, i love all the details (And Joeys pants of course), Very nice decals mate, keep it up

Captain Becker

I might change it to black for the flagpole. Interestingly though alot of the flagpoles were painted blue by the French, particularly during the empire of Napoleon.

I might change it to black for the flagpole. Interestingly though alot of the flagpoles were painted blue by the French, particularly during the empire of Napoleon.

Indeed, blue flagpoles are historically accurate:

28mm_rev_french_infantry.jpg?w=480&h=337

But of course, there were all kinds of differences in uniforms since supplies weren't large enough, so a brown pole might work aswell. (Black would mean that it was painted and therefore would destroy the 'improvised' look.)

Back to the MOC. A very nice recreation. The plumes on the bicorns are very nice and I particularly like the striped trousers, they give it that revolutionary France feel. On note though, if you'd choose to keep the flagpole blue, perhaps you could add a gold-coloured spearpoint on top of it? (I suggest a 1*1 cone)

Did the 112 Demi-Brigade change into the 112th regiment of the Line? It's quite confusing how the transmation went.

Gaetano

Edited by Tanotrooper

This MOC is great

I can feel the action, the march...

just wondering if in the future you could add a drum :pir-look: , nevertheless, when I see your MOC, I listen the rumble drum

Indeed, blue flagpoles are historically accurate:

28mm_rev_french_infantry.jpg?w=480&h=337

But of course, there were all kinds of differences in uniforms since supplies weren't large enough, so a brown pole might work aswell. (Black would mean that it was painted and therefore would destroy the 'improvised' look.)

Back to the MOC. A very nice recreation. The plumes on the bicorns are very nice and I particularly like the striped trousers, they give it that revolutionary France feel. On note though, if you'd choose to keep the flagpole blue, perhaps you could add a gold-coloured spearpoint on top of it? (I suggest a 1*1 cone)

Did the 112 Demi-Brigade change into the 112th regiment of the Line? It's quite confusing how the transmation went.

Gaetano

True a brown one or leaving it blue would be better. Nice picture too of the miniatures Tanotrooper.

The 112th Demi-Brigade was formed in 1793 as part of the reforme of the revolutionary armies. Part of these changes was creating Demi-Brigades from the old regiments. Each Demi-Brigade was made up of 3 battalions, the first and third were made from new recruits and national guardsmen, the second was from old army regulars to add experience to the Demi-Brigade. When Napoleon came to power the name Demi-Brigade was replaced once again by regiment so the 112th became the 112th regiment of the line under the Empire.

The No.1 thing I'm confused about is, Why am I a Frenchman with stripy trousers? :pir_laugh2:

The No.1 thing I'm confused about is, Why am I a Frenchman with stripy trousers? :pir_laugh2:

Well, you dont look so bad whit those trousers, maby youy should start to wear them more often? :pir-tongue: And i see you have finally turned your coat, The blue uniform is suiting you my dear "Frog". But remember, the best "Frog" is the dead "Frog" :jollyroger:

Naah, i shall not kill you my friend, but im not so sure about what the othes will think, you have some valuable information about us and still you have your Unicorn... This means bad days at all of us my dear redcoats, we shall be stop Joey before he gets too far and before its too late!!

Captain Becker

Some of the detailed figures. First some light infantry then line infantry

001.jpg

Sapper(pioneer)14th light, Carabinier 1st light, Officer 1st light, Carabinier(light infantry elite), Tambour(Drummer)1st light infantry reg.

233.jpg

Grenadiers, Sergent, Officer, Grenadiers in campaign dress(patches on trousers or tears)

The light infantry is great. It remembers me on the pictures in my Funcken books which were my first uniform sources ...

Woody64

Edited by woody64