Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Hogwarts Mafia: The End

Sandy I posted these questions some time ago but you must have missed them :classic:.

How you made the sets so well but so simply?

Is there any tips on building e.g. A certain length and width so you are able to photograph them?

Sandy I posted these questions some time ago but you must have missed them :classic:.

How you made the sets so well but so simply?

Is there any tips on building e.g. A certain length and width so you are able to photograph them?

I apologize, I indeed did miss them.

For the first question, I don't think I have a good answer, but I think it's mostly thanks to the great variety of pieces I have in my collection - quality over quantity is my collecting philosophy. Like you said, the actual builds are quite simple, but the details I put into them with the special pieces make them look more intricate.

As for help in photographing, you of course should leave the buildings roofless and with just one or two walls, with possibly some archways to "peek through". Length and width don't matter much if you want close-up shots, but for big group shots you definitely need a tall and wide backdrop (that's why I used the Great Hall in most of the group scenes).

Hope this helped! :classic:

I want to host a mafia game, too. When I get the time... Maybe I should sign up now though (but I haven't played any games yet).

You really should play some more games. I am planning to try to take part in all the upcoming games as to get experience. It is a lot of planning and organisation. The story also has to be good.

Strictly? Yeah right. :laugh: Every game I've ever participated here has had some level of metagaming.

While this is somewhat true, it is definitely not something to be encouraged, and if I ever see it used indecently then there will be consequences. There's nothing I hate more than a player shouting "let's all vote for him, he was scum in the last game and he killed me, I want revenge!", it just ruins the fun for a lot of people. I see nothing wrong with players analysing styles and such, and this has of course been done before when people refer to how certain people have acted in the past, and had evidence from the current game to back that up, but trying to get a player killed just because they won the previous game is not in good taste in my opinion, and isn't a good way to encourage these games as fun community activities. Having a reputation for metagaming certainly isn't a good way to go about setting yourself up to be selected in future games, either.

Of course, we can't stop metagaming that happens privately, and I've got nothing against that! Scum have certainly notorious for it on occasion! :laugh:

While this is somewhat true, it is definitely not something to be encouraged, and if I ever see it used indecently then there will be consequences. There's nothing I hate more than a player shouting "let's all vote for him, he was scum in the last game and he killed me, I want revenge!", it just ruins the fun for a lot of people. I see nothing wrong with players analysing styles and such, and this has of course been done before when people refer to how certain people have acted in the past, and had evidence from the current game to back that up, but trying to get a player killed just because they won the previous game is not in good taste in my opinion, and isn't a good way to encourage these games as fun community activities. Having a reputation for metagaming certainly isn't a good way to go about setting yourself up to be selected in future games, either.

Of course, we can't stop metagaming that happens privately, and I've got nothing against that! Scum have certainly notorious for it on occasion! :laugh:

If you are talking about my comment a few pages back, i wasn't being Sirius serious, i was kidding due to the fact that Shadows has an excellent manipulative capability.

Not that I won't be on my guard against him from the start if I ever get to play him :laugh: .

I think you two just have a different definition of meta-gaming. :grin:

Metagaming- Metagaming is a broad term usually used to define any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. ...

From Wikipedia, and i know what you are going to say about this source :laugh: .

It would most certainly be cheating to vote someone off because of their skill, but it would not be to realize that some people are better players, and can come up with better excuses, than others.

Sirius

Sandy, how did you manage to make the ghost of Tea Ching in photoshop, what tools did you use? mainly the blue tint, help would be greatly appreciated for an upcoming game I have in mind.

Sandy, how did you manage to make the ghost of Tea Ching in photoshop, what tools did you use? mainly the blue tint, help would be greatly appreciated for an upcoming game I have in mind.

First I cut out the figure from the original photo. Then I changed the "color balance" by pulling the "blue" and "teal" meters all the way, and "green" part way. Then I copied it into the background photo, changing the size and angle appropriately, and adjusted the opacity to about 65-75% to make the figure see-through. Finally I splashed some very opaque light blue "paint" on it to give it some glow, even though there are other tools you can use to achieve this.

Hope I could help! :wink:

Sandy I have to say, this game was fantastic, from story to items to photography to MOCs, and everything in between. It looks like it has also inspired many people to host their own games. Fantastic job, one of the best mafia games yet. :thumbup:

First I cut out the figure from the original photo. Then I changed the "color balance" by pulling the "blue" and "teal" meters all the way, and "green" part way. Then I copied it into the background photo, changing the size and angle appropriately, and adjusted the opacity to about 65-75% to make the figure see-through. Finally I splashed some very opaque light blue "paint" on it to give it some glow, even though there are other tools you can use to achieve this.

Hope I could help! :wink:

Thanks a lot, I'm going to try and play around with it abit to make some convincing holograms.

Sign in to follow this