Legostein

MINI Hell's Anvil, Preybird and StarViper Attack Platform

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello dear community,

it's been a while again, but finding the rigtht place in my new job is more stressy than expected. The more happy I am to present the latest three additions to mini model collection to you. As I am slowly running out of official stuff from the movies, popular Expanded Universe vessels get sometimes more into the focus. :classic:

--------------------

The first of today's bunch of EU starfighters is the "Hell's Anvil", personal starship of the bounty hunter Montross in the computer game "Bounty Hunter". The shape of a Corellian KR-TB "Doomtreader" transport is unqiue but I tried to make it as recognizable as possible, including the shiny colour. :wink:

Click the images to see the gallery and instructions:

hells-anvil-1.jpg

hells-anvil-4.jpg

--------------------

The second starfighter of today is the Preybird Starfighter, a heavy offensive craft appearing in several computer games, but mainly popular EU novels, like the books of Timothy Zahn. The wing design was the most difficult as they feature many 45 degrees angles. To realize those best I used three 2x4 double inverse slopes. The outer ones are attached studs down on the center one, connected via TECHNICĀ® liftarm pieces. :classic:

preybird-1.jpg

preybird-4.jpg

--------------------

The last starfighter for today is Prince Xixor's "Virago", a StarViper Attack Platform. It appears throughout the entire "Shadows of the Empire" multimedia project. The shape features many wing tips and angles and is very greebly. :classic:

starviper-1.jpg

starviper-4.jpg

--------------------

That's all for today. :classic: I hope to post more models soon, as there are several just waiting to be photogrpahed. I am working as fast as possible, promised. :classic:

Cheers, and see you soon!

Yours Christopher.

God damn you are so good at this mini sets, everyone has such detail its incredible.

You ever thought about showing people how to build some of these sets?.

Edited by DarthSion

And the "Master of the MINIs" are back... Welcome back Legostein and what a great way to come back with another impressive set of mini-ships. It's great to know you now built EU ships, I'm not so familiar with them so I might have to research a bit to know how the real ships look like. I like the red Hell's Anvil the best among the batch - nice use of the astromech bodies for the quad-thrusters.

I too forgot to say welcome back......and what a return - AWESOME mini's again - that's what we have been missing here ! :grin:

I really like the Preybird - such a cool design with nice heavy blasters and blue jewels as engines - now there's some SNOT work ! :wink:

Great work again 'Legostein' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Look who's back...

I've never seen these ships in my life, but I don't care because they're so cool!! :thumbup:

Zahn is one of my favorite authors, so I was glad to see the Preybird, but the StarViper is my favorite of your models by far.

He's back!!!

Good to see you again Legostien, and I must say, I love these Mods. I've started getting into Zahn''s SW novels (not a hard thing to do, mind you...) and it's nice to see a Preybird mini from you.

Legostein, if I may suggest I think it would be better if you post the reference photos (or links at the least) of the mini-ships/vehicles that you are MOCing. That way we could marvel more on how accurate your minis are to the real things. Just like these ones I checked these EU vehicles on wookieepedia and found out how close your minis really are to the overall look of these ships. I think that would improve your already impressive MOC presentation better. Just a friendly advice Sir, hope to see more of your marvelous minis soon. :wink:

Hello again everyone,

thank you for the nice words on the EU ships. It's great to be back among all of you. :classic:

I will provide reference image for EU ships in the future, promised. :classic:

See you around,

~ Christopher

Legostein, if I may suggest I think it would be better if you post the reference photos (or links at the least) of the mini-ships/vehicles that you are MOCing. That way we could marvel more on how accurate your minis are to the real things. Just like these ones I checked these EU vehicles on wookieepedia and found out how close your minis really are to the overall look of these ships. I think that would improve your already impressive MOC presentation better. Just a friendly advice Sir, hope to see more of your marvelous minis soon. default_blink.gif

I just want to add that he usually does, butting getting pics for EU is harder.

These are great as ususal! However I really love the StarViper a lot. Was finding the right tecnique for this one hard at all?