Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dr_spock

MOD: telescopic boom crawler crane

7 posts in this topic

I bought the 8043 excavator and that made my old 8294 excavator redundant. I don't need to have two excavators so I wondered what I could do with the old one...

Presenting my telescopic boom crawler crane MOD based on the CraneBusiness Logicrane.

img_4753.jpg

picture_7636.jpg

The winch is hand cranked and the LA to raise the boom is operated by the crank in the back.

picture_7641.jpg

The telescopic boom extension is operated by hand of god and lock in place by a 3L pin.

picture_7644.jpg

picture_7643.jpg

Looks like a great modification of the original; and whilst these tracked extension cranes are not common, they look great. Did you have to use additional pieces from the original excavator set?

This could easily have been a nice B model for the original instructions.

Very nice indeed

Did you have to use additional pieces from the original excavator set?

I was wondering the same thing, although I don't seem to recall a long Technic Brick in the original set... Maybe you can post a couple more pictures with some extra details.

Nice!

Now we wait for you to do the same modification on 8043 excavator :classic:

Do you possibly have instructions for this crane, I really like it...

I bought the 8043 excavator and that made my old 8294 excavator redundant. I don't need to have two excavators so I wondered what I could do with the old one...

Presenting my telescopic boom crawler crane MOD based on the CraneBusiness Logicrane.

img_4753.jpg

picture_7636.jpg

The winch is hand cranked and the LA to raise the boom is operated by the crank in the back.

picture_7641.jpg

The telescopic boom extension is operated by hand of god and lock in place by a 3L pin.

picture_7644.jpg

picture_7643.jpg

I'm afraid I did not make instructions when I built it. I started with a 8294 excavator. I removed the gears and arms. I slapped the crane boom together through trial and error. I used some pieces from my parts collection that didn't come with the 8284 set.

Not sure to call it a MOD or MOC or some combination of.

Thanks.