Superkalle

Official Lego sets - Book, WIP, Requests

Here you can post if want others to know that you plan to start, or is working on an official set for the Official sets in LDD topic. Please note that it is totaly OK to make a LDD model of an official set even if someone else is working on it or has done it. Posting a note in this topic does not mean that you have sole right to build it. :classic:

Also, in this topic you can post Requests for sets to be made in LDD by someone else.

PS: I don't plan to establish an index for this topic, think of it more as an open billboard. So please, if you've completed a set that you have marked Booked or WIP, update your post in this topic with "EDIT: DONE" when you're done. Also, if you've requested a set, and someone has done it, please update your request post with "EDIT: COMPLETED by nn"

I plan to do Buzz Lightship - the larger one - as I did not see it listed on the official thread. 7593.

I might then also do some of the other TS3 sets...

EDIT:Buzz Lightship Completed.

Edited by roamingstudio

Humble request:

5892 Sonic Boom

Does this mean you are making it - or requesting someone to do it? A bit ambiguous.

He "tagged" it as a request, so I've no doubt it is exactly that: a request! :wink:

So, if there is someone that is irresolute about the next set to built with LDD... come on, the request of Superkalle is on the road!

I'll do it, but it will take a while since I'm kinda busy this week. Maybe by Wednesday? :classic:

You guys are the best :cry_happy:

PS: It felt actually kind of awkward to request something. I mean, why don't I do it myself? But it is a request topic - so why not :tongue:

I'll do it, but it will take a while since I'm kinda busy this week. Maybe by Wednesday? :classic:

Actually, I'd already made a start on it as I can't decide whether or not to buy the real thing and this seemed a good way to "try before you buy"

Here ya go Superkalle :classic: :

5892 Sonic Jet

lddscreenshot19.png

LXF File

The light bricks and the mechanism don't fit in properly so I just left them to the side. :classic:

I really want this set now! :grin:

Edited by prateek

Im thinking also of some of the early Lego Technic - e.g. Mobile Crane 855 / 955. So please consider it DONE.

I will be at a conference and plan to also have some fun... so next one will be 10196 Carousel. This should provide more than a few hours of design headaches.

Edited by roamingstudio

WIP: Technic 8051 Motorbike :classic:

I've been doodling with the 8051 chopper model. But i think there are to many parts missing in LDD.

Looking for alternatives does spoil the fun of it to much for me!

8051_b_doodle.jpg

Anyone tried making 10177 Boeing 787 Dreamliner?

Big sets indeed take lots of time to make!

Ooooh I didn't know about that one. It could be a really interesting one indeed. I'll get right to it.

About half done on 3739 Blacksmith, one of the first My Creation released by Lego. I took a break after LDD refused to play nice with a barrel. SO far the changes I made due to missing parts in LDD:

green 4x4 hinged plates (2 of them) were replaced with similar 4x4 plate with locking hinges.

1x2x2 red windows replaced with similar looking piece. The original (maybe I had poor quality manual scan?) looked like 1970 era window to me.

I couldn't find the flame element #6126b if it is in LDD, someone tell me what it's under.

I couldn't mount a trumpet on the clip so it's sitting on the anvil for now.

Work was halted because I couldn't get the lid on the 2x2x2 barrel. It's a bug with LDD preventing a legal move from working. I may leave them sitting and in pieces, and put a note with the finished work about proper setting of the barrel. Or use 2x2 brown round bricks instead of barrel. I should be able to get the rest of the set done by evenings (about 12-16 hours from now) I need sleep.

LDD can be fun but rebuilding an older set when some of the pieces are not in LDD (even in universal mode) can be a bit challenging.

EDIT: Done: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41226&view=findpost&p=817244

found the flame element but they won't fit! other modifications listed at the page.

Edited by Lego Otaku

I'm trying to build the enchanted car from the new HP Hogwart's Express set and this is as far as this from now:

lddscreenshot4.png

Would anyone like to try finishing this model?

Edited by BrickWild