The Yellow Brick

My Lego City

indexed.gif Layout

Okay, so I've been wanting to post these for ages and I finally got around to doing it.

So here are some pictures of my Lego City

more_lego_stuff_022.jpg

more_lego_stuff_024.jpg

more_lego_stuff_025.jpg

more_lego_stuff_026.jpg

more_lego_stuff_027.jpg

more_lego_stuff_028.jpg

more_lego_stuff_029.jpg

The train yard

more_lego_stuff_030.jpg

Down the line

more_lego_stuff_031.jpg

more_lego_stuff_032.jpg

more_lego_stuff_033.jpg

more_lego_stuff_034.jpg

The new pier, plus some rocks (WIP)

more_lego_stuff_035.jpg

more_lego_stuff_036.jpg

I do like this picture the best default_wubnew.gif

more_lego_stuff_037.jpg

more_lego_stuff_038.jpg

more_lego_stuff_039.jpg

So there you have it, my Lego City

(Edited - to add another choice to poll)

Edited by Phred

Great job. One thing though, considering the police are so close to the water, they could use a coast guard post.

Very nice city so far 'The Red Brick' :sweet: - a suggestion might be MOD'ing the pizza bar so it would look like your servo......with roads running front and back of the buildings - open back designs lose their realistic look - hence all my road/building layouts you can not see the open backs except from the back/side. :classic:

Great work - keep on going - water police might be a good idea as well as a few more MOC buildings like a bank, post office, car dealership, hardware store....etc., yeah I know sounds like what I do with my town. :wink:

I'm a conformist! 'The Red Brick' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Great city. And with room for expansion left. Yay!

Hey,

Looks fantastic so far. I'd certainly go for Harbour as even on the outskirts, the airport would be too noisey for your residents ;)

Hey,

Looks fantastic so far. I'd certainly go for Harbour as even on the outskirts, the airport would be too noisey for your residents ;)

Ha ha, I am going to wait and see if lego release a new harbour (hopefully they will in 2011)

Great job. One thing though, considering the police are so close to the water, they could use a coast guard post.

With the new police boat coming out next year, I will buy some more blue pates and create a port next to the Police station.

Edited by The Red Brick

Just a little (off-topic) tip: You can reply to multiple messages by toggling the MultiQuote button on the messages you'd like to quote and then hit 'Add Reply' at the bottom of the page. It even works across pages.

On-topic: that's quite a sizable city you have there with plenty of room to expand, for example by increasing the size of the blocks in the middle of the layout.

Just a little (off-topic) tip: You can reply to multiple messages by toggling the MultiQuote button on the messages you'd like to quote and then hit 'Add Reply' at the bottom of the page. It even works across pages.

On-topic: that's quite a sizable city you have there with plenty of room to expand, for example by increasing the size of the blocks in the middle of the layout.

Ahh thank you for that little tip default_classic.gif

Very nice Red Brick!

And I must admit, I'm a little envious of all the space you have. :tongue:

I suggest moving and grouping the wind turbines to the outskirts near the farm for more 'realism' and impact, but overall nice place you got.

I went for harbour cos I noticed your town is near the sea. And then you can also have the cargo train to start transporting container shipments... :laugh:

Very nice Red Brick!

And I must admit, I'm a little envious of all the space you have. :tongue:

I suggest moving and grouping the wind turbines to the outskirts near the farm for more 'realism' and impact, but overall nice place you got.

I went for harbour cos I noticed your town is near the sea. And then you can also have the cargo train to start transporting container shipments... :laugh:

I have actually been thinking about moving the Wind turbine near the farm default_classic.gif

Soo much space! *huh*:wub: Anyway very good city, and I see why you want an airport or harbor. It depends on what you like more and what will be avaliable next year (I mean a new harbor :grin: ). Does the passenger train also haves backlights?

Soo much space! *huh*:wub: Anyway very good city, and I see why you want an airport or harbor. It depends on what you like more and what will be avaliable next year (I mean a new harbor :grin: ). Does the passenger train also haves backlights?

No, it only has front lights because I only have 1 set of Lights and dont have any extension cables.

P.S This is my 100th post default_classic.gif

Nice layout! I'd love to be able to do something like this, but space is a issue. :cry_sad:

I can't believe you've got a room next to it as well, full of more Lego!

Nice layout! I'd love to be able to do something like this, but space is a issue. :cry_sad:

I can't believe you've got a room next to it as well, full of more Lego!

He he, I can't either default_blush.gif

Very nice city so far 'The Red Brick' :sweet: - a suggestion might be MOD'ing the pizza bar so it would look like your servo......with roads running front and back of the buildings - open back designs lose their realistic look - hence all my road/building layouts you can not see the open backs except from the back/side. :classic:

I might actually buy another City corner so I could fill in the back and maybe add a drive through window around the back, What do you think default_sceptic.gif

Woaw, nice town, completly jealous of all the buildings and road plates. Recently built up a city out of all my oldie sets and it doesn't even come close to yours. The only thing I might remark is that the streets are a tad empty, could do with some more vehicles and minifigs.

IMO you have a lot of space on your streets, so I think you need streetlights streetsigns minfigs to crowd the streets, some cars, maybe take away some baseplates to make the city layout less "wide". I really like the sets you used and the ammount of work you have put into this town :)

Awesome of course.

I voted "other". If it were mine I would shoot for completing the base plates with the intention of laying out the areas for the Harbor and then the Airport. During that time I'd fill in some of the are with more clutter. Meaning just add some extras everywhere to make the City look busy.

Very well done, though. Please don't get me wrong with the comment of adding more to what you've already done.

As said already, the size you have is just insane! I definitely voted awesome for the city. I like what you did with the sets, but something that looks a bit out of place ro me would be the movie theatre. It just seems odd to see a movie theatre inbetween two houses.

IMHO your city is neither "awesome" nor "poor". Why do you offer a binary vote?

IMO you have a lot of space on your streets, so I think you need streetlights streetsigns minfigs to crowd the streets, some cars, maybe take away some baseplates to make the city layout less "wide". I really like the sets you used and the ammount of work you have put into this town :)

That's been my first impression when seeing your layout. Your city is "dead", there's no life in the streets.

I think you should:

- make your city more "compact" by either removing baseplates or adding houses;

- invest in a lot of minifigs: you can buy old minifigs sets (e.g. the Community Workers) or buy parts on BL or S@H;

- make your minifig walking, talking together, looking at each others, etc. (see the Eurobricks' Town banner above);

- adding street lights, street signs, benches, trees, etc. -- all are easy to build and all parts are on S@H if you don't want to buy on BL;

- adding vehicles, buses, trucks, etc.

However your layout is interesting and there are good ideas!

Woaw, nice town, completly jealous of all the buildings and road plates. Recently built up a city out of all my oldie sets and it doesn't even come close to yours. The only thing I might remark is that the streets are a tad empty, could do with some more vehicles and minifigs.

Awesome of course.

I voted "other". If it were mine I would shoot for completing the base plates with the intention of laying out the areas for the Harbor and then the Airport. During that time I'd fill in some of the are with more clutter. Meaning just add some extras everywhere to make the City look busy.

Very well done, though. Please don't get me wrong with the comment of adding more to what you've already done.

That's been my first impression when seeing your layout. Your city is "dead", there's no life in the streets.

I think you should:

- make your city more "compact" by either removing baseplates or adding houses;

- invest in a lot of minifigs: you can buy old minifigs sets (e.g. the Community Workers) or buy parts on BL or S@H;

- make your minifig walking, talking together, looking at each others, etc. (see the Eurobricks' Town banner above);

- adding street lights, street signs, benches, trees, etc. -- all are easy to build and all parts are on S@H if you don't want to buy on BL;

- adding vehicles, buses, trucks, etc.

However your layout is interesting and there are good ideas!

I agree with you guys about the streets looking to empty, I will buy the Public Transpot Station. Also I'm planning on making alot more Street Lights and Road signs.