Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Hogwarts Mafia: Day Nine

hm-logo-day9.jpg

That night not everybody followed Jolie Jadis' advice to protect themselves, but took foolish risks that ended up causing them their lives.

hm-daynine1.jpg

Professor Neville Longbottom bravely entered the warehouse where his faux-lover Desiree Jackson had received the lethal kiss of a Dementor the night before. He hoped to find the ghast there tonight as well.

hm-daynine2.jpg

Sure enough, the Dementor soon jumped out of a large barrel. Neville's heart skipped a beat, but he quickly recovered. See, this wasn't his first time battling Dementors.

hm-daynine3.jpg

"Expecto Patronum!" he cast, and a bright white rabbit bounced out of his wand, banishing the Dementor for good.

hm-daynine4.jpg

But when the professor of Herbology returned to the greenhouses, he felt something was off. A sinister sensation tickled his spine.

hm-daynine5.jpg

"Avada Kedavra!" a shout came behind him, and so the dear friend of the Aurors Potter and Weasley and the Minister of Magic, lost his life.

hm-daynine6.jpg

The dark figure searched the greenhouse, but only found two squealing Mandrakes.

"Huh, if Neville had used one of these two buggers to protect him tonight, I would be dead in his stead. Lucky me he didn't."

hm-daynine7.jpg

Then the dark figure took out the Time-turner it had looted from the body of Professor Uxley, and used it to go back half an hour in time. It was crucial that the killing took place at midnight for the ancient revival magic to work - otherwise the Death's Hallowed would have killed everyone by now.

Much to the Death's Hallowed annoyance, Professor Uxley had tampered with the Time-turner that it could be used only once per every 12 hours. Thus the dark figure could collect one more soul that night.

hm-daynine8.jpg

The dark figure made it's way to the corridors, and crept behind the unaware Prion the Centaur. Prion was proud to be the first centaur student in Hogwarts, but unfortunately he wasn't accustomed to the capricious nature of humans, so he was quite gullible. That's why he chose to protect someone else instead of himself.

hm-daynine9.jpg

And that night he would've needed every protection possible. With a loud neigh the proud centaur fell down.

hm-daynine10.jpg

Of course, the dark figure couldn't resist looting the horse-boy's corpse.

"Bah, he only had a Bezoar. Worthless pony..."

hm-daynine11.jpg

Before the morning rose, Xander Lovegood was found unconscious from the Great Hall with a gold chalice lying on the ground next to him. He had been the victim of another poisoning...

hm-daynine12.jpg

Eventually the others gathered to the Great Hall as well. Xander regained consciousness, but couldn't recall anything about why he had drank from the chalice. However, his condition worsened by the minute.

Headmistress McGonagall told the remaining residents of Hogwarts about the deaths of Professor Longbottom and Prion, but everybody were so accustomed to hearing the bad news every morning that they weren't in much of a shock.

hm-daynine13.jpg

Finally the Aurors entered the hall after investigating the deaths. They also brought news from the New Azkaban.

"It appears both Neville Longbottom and Prion were innocent, not that I had much doubt of that", Auror Potter explained gloomily. "However, you managed to sniff out another Death's Hallowed yesterday. Unfortunately, Crudo Alakhazam committed suicide before we could interrogate him further. We don't know how he managed to harm himself, but we suspect that he had a helper inside New Azkaban."

These news gave the crowd new confidence. They had succeeded in convicting a guilty person three days in a row, so surely they would find out the remaining ones as well. But with the Time-turner in the enemy's hands, would they run out of time?

Rules:

1. There are two opposing sides in this game, the
Death’s Hallowed
and the
Innocent
. The Death’s Hallowed win when they outnumber the others. The Innocent win when they’ve vanquished all of the Death’s Hallowed.

2. Each day, the players will vote out one amongst them with a majority decision. To vote or to draw back your vote, you must use the following sentence in your post:
vote: character/player
or
unvote: character/player
. If you want to change your vote, you must first unvote before the second vote is calculated.

3. During days, there is a 24 hour period before anyone can vote. Once the majority decision is reached, you cannot unvote the player in question anymore.

4. Every player will get a short list of items, spells and skills at their disposal. These can be used only at nights.

5. Each night, the players can use
one
of their items, spells, OR skills by sending the host a PM about it. Some items and skills have an automatic effect, which will be handled by the host. Items can be handed over to another player, but that will cost the giver the night’s action.

6. To give someone else your item, send the
host
a PM stating the item you wish to give, the name of the player you wish to give it to, and whether you want to remain anonymous or not. Items cannot be exchanged without the host acting as an intermediary.

7. The night abilities have a pre-specified order of effect. If you don’t send your night ability by the time limit I’ve given each day, you will miss your chance to use it.

8. The Day-topics are meant for active players only, so do not post in them if you are already out of the game. The Discussion-topic is open to everybody.

9. Do not edit your posts, because it is considered unfair to other players.

10. Do not directly quote
anything
I’ve sent to you via PM. Use your own words, please.

11. All out-of-character discussion must be kept in the Discussion-topic. Likewise, all talk about game tactics and roles must be kept in the Day-topics and PMs.

12. Since this game deviates quite a lot from other Mafia-games, please ask any questions or doubts you might have directly from me, and you will be answered.

Players:

Hogwarts Faculty:

hm-ava-brigelda.jpgBrigelda Hearth, nurse (WhiteFang)

hm-ava-eloquence.jpgEloquence Malleus, teacher of Transfigurations (Shadows)

hm-ava-sicilia.jpgSicilia Bathory, teacher of Potions and Head of Ravenclaw House (Eskallon)

Hogwarts Students:

hm-ava-jolie.jpgJolie Jadis, Slytherin (Lord Arjay)

hm-ava-loki.jpgLoki Malfoy, Slytherin (ILikePi)

hm-ava-rocky.jpgRocky Broomwell, Gryffindor (hewkii9)

hm-ava-valerie.jpgValerie MacArthur, Ravenclaw (Inconspicuous)

hm-ava-xander.jpgXander Lovegood, Gryffindor (CallMePie)

Others:

hm-ava-tea-ghost.jpgTea Ching, teacher of Divination and a ghost (iamded)

The Deceased & The Convicted:

hm-ava-brandon-dead.jpgBrandon Townsend, Hufflepuff (Oky Wan Kenobi) - Impartial (killed on Night One)

hm-ava-oraman-dead.jpgOraman Furbad, caretaker (JimButcher) - Innocent (slain by a monster on Night One)

hm-ava-angela-dead.jpgAngela Weasley, Gryffindor (Burman) - Innocent (voted out on Day Two)

hm-ava-francis-dead.jpgFrancis Rowan, Ravenclaw (ADHO15) - Innocent (killed on Night Two)

hm-ava-nene-dead.jpgNene Grandstaff, Hufflepuff (Millacol88) - Impartial (voted out on Day Four)

hm-ava-tea-dead.jpgTea Ching, teacher of Divination (iamded) - Innocent (killed on Night Four, now a ghost)

hm-ava-bulltoad-dead.jpgTodd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode, Slytherin (Roncanator) - Innocent (voted out on Day Five)

hm-ava-harriet-dead.jpgHarriet Pewter, Slytherin (YG-49) - Innocent (killed on Night Five)

hm-ava-stephanie-dead.jpgStephanie Kingston, librarian (Zepher) - Innocent (kissed by a Dementor on Night Five)

hm-ava-sheila-dead.jpgSheila Bones, Ravenclaw (Matn) - Death's Hallowed (voted out on Day Six)

hm-ava-jingle-dead.jpgJingle the House-elf (Dragonator) - Death's Hallowed (voted out on Day Seven)

hm-ava-rhubarb-dead.jpgRhubarb Uxley, teacher of Care of Magical Creatures and Head of Hufflepuff House (Escape the Fate) - Innocent (killed on Night Seven)

hm-ava-desiree-dead.jpgDesiree Jackson, Gryffindor (badboytje88) - Innocent (kissed by a Dementor on Night Seven)

hm-ava-crudo-dead.jpgCrudo Alakhazam, teacher of Charms (Big Cam) - Death's Hallowed (voted out on Day Eight)

hm-ava-neville-dead.jpgNeville Longbottom, teacher of Herbology and Head of Gryffindor House (professor flitwick) - Innocent (killed on Night Eight)

hm-ava-prion-dead.jpgPrion the Centaur, Hufflepuff (Forresto) - Innocent (killed on Night Eight)

There are 8 players left in the game, so it will take 5 votes to convict someone. Voting starts 24 hours from now.

Damn it! *Cough*

Damn you Hallowed. You took both *Cough* Professor Longbottom and Prion. However, I *Cough* have a few other fingers to *Cough* point as well.

I'm pointing them at Valerie MacArthur, and *Cough* Sicilia Basatardroy.

Sicilia, I *Cough* know I was acting a bit suspicious yesterday, but *Cough* Tea Ching can tell you I have been helping us *Cough* innocents. And Valerie, you do need to be more careful *Cough* with who you block. Especially if it's a ghost of an innocent. That's right. I hear things.

However, I trust Tea Ching, who *Cough* says Bastardory is innocent. Not so sure about you, MacArthur.

On another note, I think the *Cough* possible Hallowed have been narrowed down to 4. Rocky, Valerie, Hearth, and Loki. I believe there is at least 1, possible 2 Hallowed left.

Sorry, forgot to *Cough* mention that it was Bastardroy who poisoned me. :angry:

Crap. It's good that Crudo did turn out to be hallowed, but we seem to be dying at an alarming rate. First things first, the innocent poisoner has finally struck - Xander being their target. I don't know whether they will reveaqlthemselves today or not. Second, according to my knowledge Miss Ching has again been blocked. By Valerie. Once could be a mistake but twice? Maybe we should re-think whether to trust her or not...

Valerie, you claim to be a paranoid protector, one thing I never understood. Why would you protect Miss Ching when everyone knows she cannot die? It does not make sense. However you have voted for all three hallowed so far. Hmm.

Last night the intended target of investigation was Madame Hearth (or so I'm told) by the way. Who happened to be someone I suspect greatly. Well, today we must vote out a hallowed. Again. By now I think we should look over the people remaining:

Faculty:

Miss Bathory: Confirmed innocent by investigator. She did indeed poison Xander. Sorry, it was Miss "Can't keep a secret" Ching whorevealed you. Not I.

Miss Malleus: I trusted her, but I feel she is to be suspected for a number of reasons that I will keep to myself for now.

Miss Hearth: She has voted once but for hallowed. What she claims in private sounds a lttle ridiculous though and she was targetted for investigation last night.

Students:

Jolie: I am impartial, so definately not hallowed. I'm not allied with the hallowed either as you can see from my votes.

Rocky: I trust him. He has been truthful to me bout his night action (I stole a broom three nights ago) and has voted hallowed quite consistantly.

Loki: I suspect him a lot. However, he gave me luck potion when it seemed I needed it. He then confessed to it when that was being used against me. Doesn't seem like something a hallowed would do. On the other hand he is the only one yet to vote hallowed.

Valerie: My feelings on her are above. Paranoid protector (odd role). Protects unkillable people (Miss Ching). Protects Miss Ching knowing that she will also be blocked. She has protected Miss Ching twice. Possibly three as she has been blocked by Desiree before. But she has voted hallowed every time.

Xander: He will die anyway so there is no point voting for him today. I'm also starting to trust him. Keep in mind that a hallowed could also have killed Cuddles though and almost everyone has voted hallowed.

So from the above three people stand out: Valerie, Miss Hearth and Loki. I think one of them should be voted out today. But which one?

Professor! No! He was the one who taught me it's not the Snitch that wins games, but the team you play with.

Xander, you were acting pretty suspiciously yesterday. Care to explain, if possible?

Valerie, did you actually block the late miss Ching? Since her innocence has been proven, that would seem like an awfully stupid thing for anyone to do.

I think we should continue to investigate Loki, since Jolie distrusts him - thank Merlin that the Hallowed didn't take her from us.

Nooo! Not Prof. Longbottom! :sing: He was such a great man in his youth, and his caring but forgetful ways brought about his death. If only he had remembered Jolie's advice! At least we got rid of our third Death's Hallowed, Crudo. :thumbup:

So Miss Bathory, you poisoned Xander? I'm not sure what to think of this move right now, but would you care to explain your motives?

And Valerie, you do need to be more careful *Cough* with who you block. Especially if it's a ghost of an innocent. That's right. I hear things.

Second, according to my knowledge Miss Ching has again been blocked. By Valerie. Once could be a mistake but twice? Maybe we should re-think whether to trust her or not...

Alright... let me explain this. Last night I targeted Madam Hearth with a protection spell, knowing it would block her too, since I was slightly suspicious of her. Apparently Miss Ching targeted her too, and failed. See how this fits together? And what's more, I can conclude that Miss Hearth is not the Hallowed killer, since I blocked her and there were stills kills tonight. Maybe if I knew Miss Ching was targeting her, we could have found out whether she's Hallowed or innocent, but alas, no one tells me anything, and we only know that she's not the killer.

Why would you protect Miss Ching when everyone knows she cannot die? It does not make sense.

I protected her on Night 5 because I thought she would be blocked. Obviously that backfired, so I made sure not to do it again. A few nights later- what do you know? Another unlucky coincidence that's putting me under suspicion! :hmpf: I want to help you get rid of these pesky Hallowed! Please don't let two unfortunate mistakes of mine come in between us.

Loki: I suspect him a lot. However, he gave me luck potion when it seemed I needed it. He then confessed to it when that was being used against me. Doesn't seem like something a hallowed would do. On the other hand he is the only one yet to vote hallowed.

Jolie, your suspicions have been impeccably accurate- you've led us to three in a row! I'm willing to back you up here, please don't turn on me.

Alright... let me explain this. Last night I targeted Madam Hearth with a protection spell, knowing it would block her too, since I was slightly suspicious of her. Apparently Miss Ching targeted her too, and failed. See how this fits together? And what's more, I can conclude that Miss Hearth is not the Hallowed killer, since I blocked her and there were stills kills tonight. Maybe if I knew Miss Ching was targeting her, we could have found out whether she's Hallowed or innocent, but alas, no one tells me anything, and we only know that she's not the killer.

In your book, Expelliarmous *Cough* is a protective spell? I have doubts about you now, Valerie. I was the one who discovered your 'Her wand was flicked out of her hand by Valerie MacArthur' antics. *Cough*

Damn you Hallowed. You took both *Cough* Professor Longbottom and Prion. However, I *Cough* have a few other fingers to *Cough* point as well.

Sorry, forgot to *Cough* mention that it was Bastardroy who poisoned me. :angry:

Yes it was I, I admit that yesterday you were acting suspicous and I felt that you were suspicous enough to be Hallowed. I did poison you. However I know of someone who can heal you so prove to me you are innocent in some way and I will make sure that you are healed. You have 2 more nights.

Anyway valerie you seem awfully suspicous. What you say is your night action makes no sense. You either knew that you were protecting or blocking:

Protect: Why she is a ghost. :hmpf:

Block: You know Ching is innocent and the investigator so why?

Explain, but otherwise I think we know who to vote out today.

Forgot to *Cough* say this before. Damn Bastardroy.

Xander, you were acting pretty suspiciously yesterday. Care to explain, if possible?

Yes. I was being *Cough* impatient when I was talking about Jolie's goals and allegiance. I'll openly admit that.

Ms. Hearth, may *Cough* I please have your Bezoar? I am in desperate need of it. But I'm sure the rest of us will understand if you don't give it to me.

I no longer suspect Xander and I recommend that none others do as I have been provided proof of his innocence.

Back to business. If there are only 3 hallowed that would leave just 4 innocents and 1 impartial. This would mean that if there was 1 wrong conviction today then we would be equal and would surely be taken out at night. This could be our last day, that is why I say that we vote out a staff member. I believe it is one of the staff who is the killer and therefore we have a 1/3 chance of getting it correct. I know I am innocent and will give my proof of this later but I advise you Madame Hearth and you Malleus to provide us proof that you are innocent.

Does anybody else have a better idea for us.

Everyone around you seems to be blocked! So if I am correct, at first you though that you could protect someone from being blocked and protect them from harm. But then you found out that aswell as that you also block them and anyone using a night action on your target. What? Is this your claim to a night action? However, we mustn't forget Crudo tried to get suspicion of Loki Malfoy yesterday and all Slytherin so far have been innocent (or impartial) and he has yet to vote a hallowed. One of you three (Hearth, Valerie and Loki) are hallowed but it is very difficult to determine who. :sceptic:

I no longer suspect Xander and I recommend that none others do as I have been provided proof of his innocence.

Back to business. If there are only 3 hallowed that would leave just 4 innocents and 1 impartial. This would mean that if there was 1 wrong conviction today then we would be equal and would surely be taken out at night. This could be our last day, that is why I say that we vote out a staff member. I believe it is one of the staff who is the killer and therefore we have a 1/3 chance of getting it correct. I know I am innocent and will give my proof of this later but I advise you Madame Hearth and you Malleus to provide us proof that you are innocent.

Does anybody else have a better idea for us.

I don't think there are more than 2 Hallowed. I think all that is left is the killer and the torturer.

Also, a few key questions:

1. Ever heard of silence poison? I've only heard of one type of poison so far which puts doubt onto Madame Hearths claim of a night action.

2. Ahem, anyone seen a crazy dagger killer? Weird how I happen to have been told this:

and then confront the one who has some kind of cursed dagger that they use to kill. Apparently, they aren't evil, they're being manipulated by a spirit in the dagger and will end up killing others without meaning to.

Doesn't that seem odd that they have yet to attack? (I've witheld some revealing parts of the note) Add to that the whole "magic mirror" thing and this person slowly becomes a suspect to me. Oddly enough when asked about the dagger I recieved denial. Hmm.

Also, a few key questions:

1. Ever heard of silence poison? I've only heard of one type of poison so far which puts doubt onto Madame Hearths claim of a night action.

2. Ahem, anyone seen a crazy dagger killer? Weird how I happen to have been told this:

Doesn't that seem odd that they have yet to attack? (I've witheld some revealing parts of the note) Add to that the whole "magic mirror" thing and this person slowly becomes a suspect to me. Oddly enough when asked about the dagger I recieved denial. Hmm.

If this is what Hearth is telling *Cough* you, then she is a liar. I've not heard of any of this, at all. I doubt anyone else has either. *Cough*

If this is what Hearth is telling *Cough* you, then she is a liar. I've not heard of any of this, at all. I doubt anyone else has either. *Cough*

It was not Hearth. Oh and really come on Nurse, go get Xander some muggle cough medicine. :tongue:

That doesn't make any sense. For one, do we know for sure that there are 3 Hallowed left? There are two, for sure, the Dementor-controller and the killer, I believe. So it isn't our last day, not unless we're really stupid. And at this point, we're the best of the best, the boldest and the bravest. So I don't think that'll happen.

Please, give your proof of your innocence now.

Please, give your proof of your innocence now.

I cannot as I am currently not on my computer, but on my phone. I need to use quotes too. :classic:

Bastardroy was *Cough* investigated by Tea Ching, remember? Why don't you give proof of your innocence? *Cough*

What? Everybody knows phones don't work in Hogwarts, silly! I'd be glad to wait until you're not positing theories from your owl, though.

I've had a thought - there are three variables we need to consider. The vote, the poison, and the killer. With all these, this could in fact be our last day, either way. All my theories are based on the idea that there are only two Hallowed alive.

Absolute worst-case scenario:

We vote out an innocent. Xander, being innocent, passes in his sleep. The killer takes out two more. Hallowed/Hogwarts being 2/2, the survivors are hunted down the next day.

Absolute best-case scenario:

We vote out a Hallowed. Xander, being Hallowed, passes in his sleep. We live.

The only thing we can control right here, right now, though, is the vote. So let's do this right.

What? Everybody knows phones don't work in Hogwarts, silly! I'd be glad to wait until you're not positing theories from your owl, though.

I've had a thought - there are three variables we need to consider. The vote, the poison, and the killer. With all these, this could in fact be our last day, either way. All my theories are based on the idea that there are only two Hallowed alive.

Absolute worst-case scenario:

We vote out an innocent. Xander, being innocent, passes in his sleep. The killer takes out two more. Hallowed/Hogwarts being 2/2, the survivors are hunted down the next day.

Absolute best-case scenario:

We vote out a Hallowed. Xander, being Hallowed, passes in his sleep. We live.

The only thing we can control right here, right now, though, is the vote. So let's do this right.

Well. That's great for me, isn't it? *Cough* No, I'm waiting for Hearth to give me the antidote. I won't die for 3 days. So, *Cough*, can you prove your innocence?

Prove? Have you proven yours? Jolie trusts me, and she knows my night action - or what it was. I wish I had my broom back. And considering who Jolie distrusted, if she trusts me than that's one of the closest things we'll get towards proof.

Prove? Have you proven yours? Jolie trusts me, and she knows my night action - or what it was. I wish I had my broom back. And considering who Jolie distrusted, if she trusts me than that's one of the closest things we'll get towards proof.

Just making sure you have somebody to back you up on what you've been doing. *Cough* I agree, it needs to be Valerie or Loki.

I think right now I'm leaning towards Loki, as Jolie suspects him - Valerie just seems like she can't wrap her head around the fact that she doesn't need to protect and block someone who is dead in order to prevent them from being blocked by someone else.

I think right now I'm leaning towards Loki, as Jolie suspects him - Valerie just seems like she can't wrap her head around the fact that she doesn't need to protect and block someone who is dead in order to prevent them from being blocked by someone else.

Loki has been a suspect of Jolie for awhile. I want to hear what he has to say about the subject. *Cough*

Of course, I'm going to wait for Loki to speak up. I never actually voted for Crudo because we never really heard his side of the story. He's just who I'm leaning towards at the moment.

Sorry, it was Miss "Can't keep a secret" Ching whorevealed you. Not I.

Pfeh! I haven't said a word today until now! It was Xander who said that, and you, just then! Just because I told you in confidence, doesn't mean I went and told everybody.

Now Valerie. You protect people, while simultaneously blocking them. So, you opted to block Madam Hearth, which also lead to your protecting her, and so when I came to investigate her, you disarmed me because you were protecting Madam Hearth as well as blocking her. Yes, that makes sense now. Hopefully the rest of the people will understand that too.

You know you know you can come to me at any time with a private message. Perhaps that would help us in successfully investigating without any inconvenient blocking.

You people should probably note that if the Hallowed killer were to be taken out, the role would most definitely be passed onto another Hallowed.