Oky

Toy Wars

gallery_101_23_281.gif

In celebration of the 30th anniversary, the cast of Toy Story performs their own version of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

A long time ago, in a bedroom far, far away...

4903492872_2d42708b5c_z.jpg

It is a dark time for the

Rebellion. Although the Death

Ball has been destroyed,

Toyperial troops have driven the

Rebel forces from their hidden

toy box and pursued them across

Andy's bedroom.

Evading the dreaded Toyperial

paper-plane fleet, a group of freedom

fighters led by Buzz Lightwalker

has established a new secret

toy box on the remote pile

of Cloth.

The evil emperor Darth Zurg,

obsessed with finding young

Lightwalker, has dispatched

thousands of remote controlled vehicles

into the far reaches of Andy's room...

On the look-out for Toyperial forces, Buzz Lightwalker rides his Rex-Rex around the toy box.

4903492894_14564bdf93.jpg

After being attacked by a beastly stuffed animal, Buzz Lightwalker encounters the ghost of Stinky Wan Kenobi who tells him where to find a mentor.

4905367535_6f1a58548a.jpg

Before he knew it, he was fighting against the Toyperials and their AT-BE (All Terrain Bullseye) walkers!

4903492904_e302861182.jpg

"Sarge" Veers and his loyal Stormy Men invade the Rebels' base, forcing them to evacuate!

4903695428_e8f7f4653b.jpg

After the Battle, Buzz Lightwalker receives training from Master Clawwwda.

4903695408_a2dbb5632d.jpg

Darth Zurg's master, Darth Piggious, commands him to hunt the escaped rebels down.

4905524191_b2cbe9ebdc.jpg

In order to find them, Darth Zurg hires some of the best bounty hunters, including IC(hunk)-88 and Boba Fly.

4905524199_8c5594096e.jpg

Meanwhile, Buzz's friends Woody Solo and Lotsie, the Lots-o'-Huggin' Wookiee, try to evade the Toyperial fleet.

4903492918_83910696d9.jpg

Princess Jessia and her droids Artoo-Stretchoo and D(river)-3PO are along for the ride!

4903492936_309e17bd2b.jpg

But they walk right into a trap set up by the evil emperor Darth Zurg and the skilled bounty hunter Boba Fly!

4903492946_90c2aa9ab2.jpg

Buzz Lightwalker comes to their rescue and has to duel Darth Zurg, learning about their complicated relationship along the way.

4903695434_4ccda3b90c_z.jpg

This is a project I started when I began to realize that the characters from my two favorite themes are shockingly similar. It wasn't long before I had found a Star Wars role for almost every Toy Story fig. I'm really happy of how they came out, and I might even make a MOC based on this some day (Star Command X-Wing anyone?). I hope you enjoyed it, and may the batteries be with you. :grin:

Edited by KimT

Oh my God that is hilarious!! :laugh: The parallels you came up with are just SO perfect, and the little techniques are brilliant too. Artoo-Stretchoo and Master Claaawda are probably my two favorites, but Lotso-Huggin' Wookiee and Rex-Rex are awfully funny too.

You just made my day (or what's left of it). :thumbup:

Great stuff Oky! :laugh: Like Inky said your parallels are very perfect. This is very hilarious and I need to show it to some buddy. :laugh: The prologue is wonderful. It would be really nice if you made a scrolling prologue video like SW but added TS effects and perhaps SW music that's audio has been messed with to have a TS feel or vice versa. This was a really wonderful thing to see at 3:40 a.m. :tongue: Thanks! I hope we can see some more Toy Wars. :sweet:

Gotta love those cross-references! Each TS character has its own equivalent in the SW universe, very cleverly thought-of names, and wild imagination (?) I must say. You pretty much nailed everything right on the "Bulls-Eye". <wink wink> default_blink.gif

It's clearly evident these two themes are your most favorite: name = SW (Oky Wan Kenobi) and sigfig = TS (Buzz Lightyear outfit).

'Oky Wan' you have out done yourself again - VERY FUNNY indeed ! :laugh:

My favorite is the Rex/Buzz combo - man, I had a good chuckle when I saw that one !

Great work dude.....I must show my son - he'll try and copy them I think ! :grin:

I&#39;m a conformist&#33; 'Oky Wan' really I&#39;m a conformist&#33; ! :sweet:

Oh, yeah.......May the toys be with you ! :laugh:

Sweet! :laugh:

I love how you mix up both stories and adapt the naes to suit. Jessie and Woody look very odd with the clothing and cowboy hat combo!

Great work Oky, :tongue::laugh:

I really like what you did, but like JCC1004 I would like to see prologue video like SW.

the Inventor

This is very funny Oky Wan! i really like how all of the references to Star Wars match very nicely. The Bullseye AT-AT is hilarious. :laugh:

Wow, you sure have a good imagination (the positive way :wink: ), nice work on the minifigures, I can actually live myself in into this Toy Wars world!

There is no Eurobricks simely to show my thoughts on this, So I'll use all the best ones at once!

:sweet::wub::oh3:*oh2*:laugh::cry_happy:

I'm so happy, made my morning.

Legorski,

Why did I see this coming....

This is just incredible, Oky. Such good combos, I tottaly laughed at the AT-BS. I love the 'Boba Fly' name- it sounds like something off an old kid cartoon default_tong.gif

Hahahahahaha!!! This is the best parallel ever made! I love the Rex-Rex, and the AT-BE is really intuitive too :thumbup:

I commented on FLickr, but again these are an original and brilliant idea. They turned out amazingly well. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, just lovely! Your sharp photos and brilliant introductions of the characters are amazing!

And I really don't want to go on peoples nerves but lame thories but I studied movie science at University and it is just amazing, how exchangable characters from huge US summer blockbusters are, and here is the proof! You don't have to write books about it, just click together a few LEGO bricks! Haha! Amazing! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.

Now that is absolutely hysterical. This is one of the most inspired mocs that i have seen in a while. It is brilliant! I wonder what other themes you could do this to (HP, Atlantis, etc).

Great Work!

Sirius

Hehe, thanks, I'm glad you all like it so much! And I have good news: I have found roles for the remaining Toy Story figs! :sweet:

After being attacked by a beastly stuffed animal, Buzz Lightwalker encounters the ghost of Stinky Wan Kenobi who tells him where to find a mentor.

4905367535_6f1a58548a.jpg

Darth Zurg's master, Darth Piggious, commands him to hunt the escaped rebels down.

4905524191_b2cbe9ebdc.jpg

In order to find them, Darth Zurg hires some of the best bounty hunters, including IC(hunk)-88 and Boba Fly.

4905524199_8c5594096e.jpg

Unfortunately, there is no Toy Story fig that can represent Lando. If only we had a Mr.Potatohead. He'd be perfect for the role, and I could call him Mr.PoLandohead. :laugh: Oh well.

It would be really nice if you made a scrolling prologue video like SW but added TS effects and perhaps SW music that's audio has been messed with to have a TS feel or vice versa.

Hm, that's actually a great idea! I can do the scroll, but I'm not sure if I'm skilled with sound mixing enough to combine the SW theme with "You've got a Friend in Me". The best I can do is to have the one fade into the other. I'll see what I can cook up...

It's clearly evident these two themes are your most favorite: name = SW (Oky Wan Kenobi) and sigfig = TS (Buzz Lightyear outfit).

And don't forget the Harry Potter head representing my third favorite theme! :grin: (Although that one is just coincidence)

I tottaly laughed at the AT-BS. I love the 'Boba Fly' name- it sounds like something off an old kid cartoon :tongue:

It's AT-BE, silly! :laugh: AT-BS is just, well, BS. :tongue: And yeah, Boba Fly (both in name and appearance) reminds me of the old Sci-Fi flick "The Fly". I was thinking about calling him Boba Twitch, but Boba Fly just sounds better.

I wonder what other themes you could do this to (HP, Atlantis, etc).

Oh, I'm sure Harry Potter can be done easily. Like Zzz said, all these blockbuster movie franchises have similar characters. I can think of many parallels already. Perhaps I'll do that next. :grin:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

You just can't stop making me laugh, can you? The Stinky-Wan and IC-88 are perfect. :laugh::thumbup: I'm not as big of a fan of the Hamm, but the cape over the ears is pretty clever.

If there was a minifig of Mr. Potato Head, I'm sure he would be Lando!

Haha, your second batch of pics is once again hilarious! :laugh: I love Darth Piggious, very clever parallelism to Dr. Evil Porkchops. :thumbup: (Though I think you should have put the Dr. Evil Porkchops black hat to simulate Sidious' signature black hood)

Your TS-SW cross-over is really a 'blockbuster'.

Edited by KielDaMan