lightningtiger

MOC - Target Country store

Just a little more work today.....it's just mid-morning so I can do more later on today ! :grin:

wip_8_target_country.jpg

target_country_wip_z.jpg

I should have the flooring completed shortly - need more white 2x2 tiles plus some tan curve plates.

Comments welcome and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks for your comments 'just2good'.........now some more updates.....

wip_9_target_country.jpg

wip_10_target_country.jpg

Well what does everyone think now in the last photo.....

Very nice MOC lightniingtiger.

You've used those curved windows to great effect and the product shelves really are lovely.

Well Done! :thumbup:

Good job, lightningyiger! The design is really neat, especially the windows. I like the counter and the shelves, they look great.

"Fires-storm" and "The Soup Nazi" and "KielDaMan", I think that the windows are trans-clear "panel 3 x 4 x 6 curved top", 2571.gif.

Thanks 'The Red Brick', 'noname' and 'Lord Arjay' for your kind comments :sweet: - I'll be doing some more working in the morning on the customer service area (checkout) tommorrow, plus starting to design clothing racks similar to the ones in current use in Target stores across Australia.......posting more pictures again tomorrow and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Looks really great, lightningtiger! :thumbup:

I really :wub: the shelves with all these things on it and the cashpoint.

Now some minifigs, a delivery truck and a bicycle - and then your great MOCset is finished.

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thanks 'Klaus' for your kind comments :sweet: .....the cash point - well that gets done today sometime.....plus the clothing racks with clothes in a day or so......oh yeah some custom figs for staff.......a delivery truck - hmmm a white semi like the yellow Lego truck - what do you think ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

A liitle more work today......merchandise and clothes racks plus more stickering next....man this is one W.I.P. ! :wink:

wip_11_target_country.jpg

wip_12_target_country.jpg

target_country_wip_y.jpg

P.S. more to come either later today or mid-tommorow ! :classic:

In the US, we only have normal targets and Super Targets, but i think this is turing out really cool! Are you going to make an interior?

EDIT: Oops, I didn't notice there was more than one page. I am really liking the interior.

Edited by Baylego

Thanks for the kind words there 'Baylego' :sweet: - at least your Target's still sell food, car parts, gardening and hardware.....our's doesn't anymore ! :cry_sad:

I have to sticker up some more plates as merchandise.....like mobile phone and Ipod boxes for behind the cash point (as K-D puts it) and round signs too pointing out the different departments.

Clothes racks might be a little tricky and I would say that will take the longest to prefect indeed !

Keep those comments and suggestions (if any) comming and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Hello there again!

I am sorry for being late, but I am having a hectic time in my new job. The advantage when replying late is that I was able to see the progress of the building. It was a pleasure seeing the inventory growing into the nicely-shaped building. :classic: Very well done everything, and I guess you will continue perfecting the store. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks 'Legostein' for your kind comments :sweet: - yes, I am continuing on building tomorrow including finishing the flooring, etc.,.

Check this out.......and the girl as well ! :grin:

wip_13_target_country.jpg

Oh, now she's behind the counter.....

wip_14_target_country.jpg

Note this store also sells ipods and iphones.....but not ipads yet ! :wink:

More stuff comming this week......so comments welcome as usual and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I have done some more work tonight on the store, but alas the batteries in this dam Sony camera died....so fresh pictures will be only appearing sometime tomorrow morning.

All I'll say is that I only need to finish tiling the floor, clothes racks and roof - then that will be it !

Is there any other merchandise suggestions for Target Country plus do I need extra staff there ?

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Never seen electronics in a Target Country store myself. I think a Dick Smith would be a more appropriate venue for such things (and given that they do appear in many smaller towns, a Dick Smith might be an appropriate MOC for you to attempt in the future :)

Thanks for the comment 'jonwil' :sweet: - well they have the phones and ipods behind the counters, dvd's usually in front of the counter and down one side next to the manchester are the tv's, dvd players, etc, along with boxed homewaves - knifes, dinner sets, glassware, etc.,.

Of course it depends on how large the store is in the first place.

Wow, this is coming along incredibly well, the stickers are excellent, and as to the question about staff, maybe one more? After all, one to man the register, one to help people and watch for shop lifters :tongue: This is a very cool build, I can't wait to see more! :thumbup:

Wow, this looks really great, lightningtiger.

The front is wonderful and I really like the counter. :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind replies 'alstda', 'Plissken' and 'Fires-storm' ! :sweet:

I have now used some marker pens to cover the white edges left from cutting the stickers out in the first place.

Fresh pictures within two hours !

Thanks 'The Soup Nazi' for the kind comments :sweet: and now here's the latest pictures.......

target_country_wip_x.jpg

wip_15_target_country.jpg

wip_16_target_country.jpg

target_country_worker_1.jpg

This morning we have a close-up of the female worker, new additions to the front - information posts for flyers, etc., plus a wide rear shot included.

Comments as always welcome and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I have made some progress while being ill here's the latest shots......

wip_18_target_county.jpg

wip_19_target_country.jpg

target_country_wip_w.jpg

I still must start on the clothing racks and final roof sections......comments welcome and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet: