lightningtiger

MOC - Target Country store

G'day everyone, a W.I.P. I have here for you, a Target Country store.

wip_1_target_country.jpg

wip_2_target_country.jpg

To explain to those in the U.S.A., our Target.....well this from their web site might make things more clearer.....

By 1968, Lindsay & McKenzie Pty Ltd had grown to 14 small stores around Victoria. Myer Emporium Ltd, recognising the potential for growth, bought the business and the result was Lindsay's Target Pty Ltd.

In March 1973, we became Target Australia Pty Ltd, and in August 1985, the Myer Emporium Ltd and GJ Coles & Coy Ltd merged, becoming Coles Myer Ltd. In 1996 Fosseys and Target merged, and in 1999, Fosseys stores were converted into Target Country, bringing the benefits of our services and fashion to regional and country areas.

Still I have to build the interior, roof and tiling the paths/flooring......my job has just begun on this MOC !

Post more pictures soon !

Comments and suggestions welcome !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Til now this really looks great, lightningtiger! :thumbup:

The round glas pieces look brilliant for window displays!

I can't wait to see the final version.

Two suggestions:

I'd add flat plates not next to the door but everywhere outside.

Will there be a second floor? If not, I'd add a big sign on top - but you suppossably planned this anyway.

Klaus-Dieter

I know there is not much so far in the design except an empty shell of a store so hopefully these photos might clear the air so to speak......

z_target_country_to_compare_with.jpg

Now above we have our typical Target Country store, these would be either originally....

z_real_target_country_to_compare_with.jpg

A converted Fossey's discount store (owned by Coles Myer at the time) or.......

z_old_coles_variety_store_to_compare_with.jpg

a classic Coles Store or Coles Variety Store - first established April 1914 in Collingwood, Victoria and spread just like the 5 and dimes did in the U.S. like F.W. Woolworth.

Updating tomorrow so I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Oops sorry 'Klaus' missed you there......tiling problem I'll look into that....better shots when I make displays/counters and my famous stickered merchandise ! :grin:

Thanks for the comments and suggestions 'Klaus' - oh, almost forgot - single storey but with a huge fasia signage just like the IGA and Mensland stores.

I'm a conformist! again ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

Still I have to build the interior, roof and tiling the paths/flooring......my job has just begun on this MOC !

You sure? It looks just like my local Target Country; empty! :laugh:

Thanks 'Siegfried' for your comment - made me chuckle a bit ! :laugh:

True try and find Lego in one - unless it's a toy sale.....I'm city based but have visited at least 10 in S.A. and Victoria......but I feel they are a dying breed as Target have launched their mid-scale stores with a bit of everything for kitchen to bed to clothes on your back to yes,......LEGO ! :laugh:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

You sure? It looks just like my local Target Country; empty! :laugh:

ROFL. Target Country - shocking place to shop.

I'll shop at Target if they have a fair deal, and I'll take it over Wal-Mart any day :laugh: Also, well done on the build so far, it looks very nice! Also, where did you get the rounded pieces of glass for the sides by the entry way? I may have to pick up a few :grin:

Thanks for the comments 'Fire-Storm', sadly our badged stores of Target, Kmart and BigW (Aussie model of Wal-Mart - they even share the same promo signage sometimes.....lower prices every day) are not well stocked......d-i-y (tools, etc.,.) for us guys - Target NONE - Kmart well scrap-booking dept has more stuff (NO TV's too) - BigW a little bit. Lego is just as bad, with supply problems, exclusive sets being a pain to get sometimes, product range poor and too selective at times.

Those in Canada and U.S. are so much more lucky than Aussie shoppers.....Giant Tiger you're quite welcome to come over ! :grin:

Anyway straying off there a little eh ?

I have to dig up 6 2x2 lbg tiles this morning to finish the path at the front, then start work on either the interior or top wall section where the Target Country sign goes to and it will be big too !

Here's todays update.......

wip_3_target_country.jpgwip_4_target_country.jpg

What do you think ?

The roof will be a pitched roof using classic red slope bricks, floor and interior will be done before the roof goes on.

I have to sticker bricks into kitchenware and bedding.....ah well life of a star !

Clothes racks too, plus a customer service counter or better known as tbe checkout !

Target Country stores generally have only one checkout with up to 2 registers (well that's what I have seen in my travels).

Keep those comments and suggestions comming - they are always welcome ! :sweet:

And remember......I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Wow, I have no suggestions, I love how it looks so far! Also I took a look on bricklink and I have no idea what those windows are :tongue: I really like this moc, and can't wait to see it done :thumbup:

Nice!!! The sign is great, and I love the overhang! No suggestions from me either :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::tongue:

Thanks for the comments 'prateek', 'gotoandLego' and 'Fires-storm' :sweet: , I'll be completing the frontage today, then starting on the interior and merchandise.

Now 'goto's suggestion of a plates to raise the brick work has been considered but it would effect the entrances to all the shops, in fact every building would have to be redone - but thanks for the suggestion.

Posting more later today.......so keep on commenting.....and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Quick update.....just a few trimmings on the front......I'll start work on the interior tomorrow......I have to transfer and prcoess images of boxed kitchenware and package bed sheets into stickers....plus need to find more female torso's - now that's the hard part ! :grin:

So here are the latest.....

wip_5_target_country.jpg

wip_6_target_country.jpg

Comments welcome as always and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

(Very) Awesome MOC, LightningTiger! I love your "mini-modular" buildings- they look spectacular! :cry_happy: There's no criticism I can give on it- but what are those curved window pieces called? :wacko: They would be very useful for my MOCs. :sweet:

Those crates actually add a lot to the design. Usually during the summer months, you see crates with merchandise outside, just like this :thumbup:

Thanks 'The Soup Nazi' and 'prateek' for your really kind comments.

Quick update......

wip_7_target_country.jpg

Coloured bed sheets and boxed kitchenware.....I still have to make stickers for them.....more pictures tomorrow !

Another good-looking MOC lightningtiger! Glad to see your town MOCs multiplying by the day, I hope to see them all in one town layout. I like the basic design of this store using those curved glass windows, and the white color scheme looks clean too. I will second 'The Soup Nazi': what type of glass window is that? What set did it came from? I'm also interested to find out.

Thanks for the kind words 'KielDaMan' - now this window actually comes from many sets including 10184 Town Plan, 7894 airport (blue tint) and 10037 Breezway Cafe.

Keep watching for updates everyday.......

I'm a conformist! too ! :sweet:

Nice looking shelves you've got there, I can't wait to see this complete!

And thank you peterab for a link to the windows :laugh:

Thanks 'Toa_Of_Justice', 'Fires-storm', 'BrickTango' and 'peterab' for your kind words. :sweet:

I have started putting tan plates towards the front of the store, this will act as carpet.

The store will have two carpeted areas while the rest will be tiled with large white floor tiles.

It is a common trick used in discount stores of have tiled pathways and for areas stocking hardware's (like hardware, kitchenware, electrical, etc.,.) and carpeted areas for software's (like clothing, shoes, manchester, etc.,.)......posting more pictures today !