Sign in to follow this  
oo7

大神 Ōkami​: Ultimate Origin Mirror

indexed.gif

Inspired by the Capcom game Ōkami (大神) created by Clover Studio, this model is built in the architectural style known as shinmei-zukuri (神明造) employed in the design of the Ise Grand Shrine (伊勢神宮, Ise Jingū) dedicated to the goddess of the sun Amaterasu-ōmikami (who has taken the white wolf you see as an avatar).

As a shintai, a ritual object that embodies a kami [god/spirit], the origin mirror (物実の鏡, monozane no kagami) is worshiped at a large honden or small kamidana shrine. It is said that the Ise Grand Shrine houses the legendary origin mirror Yata no Kagami, one of the three shintai that are together known as the Imperial Regalia of Japan. This trio plays a central role in the game, wherein its origin is further "explained".

4894160129_f63b4076be_z.jpg

To show off a bit more of the video game and its unique musical styles, I have created a video which you can view

(the full trailer from which I have taken the starting clip can be found
).

Excellent MOC 'oo7' - very clever to see the king's crown be used quite differently. :thumbup:

I'm a conformist! 'oo7' really I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice creation oo7! I particularly like the roofing work, but the origin mirror and hangings are neat too, and as others mentioned the crowns are a cool detail.

Thanks, Clark, and allow me to welcome you to Eurobricks. I found the link to your flickr account in your profile - your Lego sculptures show remarkable talent.

Lightningtiger, thank you for the kind words and well wishes.

Sir Dillon, your compliments are a pleasure as always. Thanks!

Ooh, Amaterasu! I only played the demo of this game, but it was really impressive.

I do have to say though that your MOC impresses me even more, it's so true to it's vibrant and colorful source of inspiration. I too have to compliment on the clever usage of the crowns, I don't think I've seen them used like that before. And isn't those round pieces with stickers from the big Indiana Jones set? Great that you've found a use for them as well.

All in all this is a very creative and beautiful building, so major kudos for you!

Ooh, Amaterasu! I only played the demo of this game, but it was really impressive.

I do have to say though that your MOC impresses me even more, it's so true to it's vibrant and colorful source of inspiration. I too have to compliment on the clever usage of the crowns, I don't think I've seen them used like that before. And isn't those round pieces with stickers from the big Indiana Jones set? Great that you've found a use for them as well.

All in all this is a very creative and beautiful building, so major kudos for you!

Demo, eh? I guess that would be the first few minutes? You really ought to change that. ;)

I tried my best to remain faithful to the sumi-e watercolor style. An yes, the rounded bricks and stickers are taken from the Temple Escape set based on the opening of Raiders.

Great Detail in this MOC oo7, I do just love the way you've used those Kings Crowns. :wub:. I don't visit this part of EB much, but your MOC wants me to visit it more! :grin:

Excellent, please do. I'd love to give a topic of yours a comment or two in return for the nice one you've given me.

Stunning! I've only read about this game before, never played it. But seeing your MOC made me want to run and buy the game :sweet: I just love the ancient japanese architecture style, and you've really captured it perfectly :cry_happy:

Gorgeous MOC oo7, you've really captured Japanese architecture with this creation. The yellow cheese slopes on the roof beams are a great touch, and I love the circular pavement at the bottom. Awesome. :wub:

Stunning! I've only read about this game before, never played it. But seeing your MOC made me want to run and buy the game :sweet: I just love the ancient japanese architecture style, and you've really captured it perfectly :cry_happy:

That gladdens me very much. It's really the best action-adventure RPG that everyone never played - and for that reason, its retail price is rather modest.

If you have read reviews you probably know it's quite like Zelda, etc.

Gorgeous MOC oo7, you've really captured Japanese architecture with this creation. The yellow cheese slopes on the roof beams are a great touch, and I love the circular pavement at the bottom. Awesome. :wub:

Thanks for the praise, miss. The slopes that top the chigi are pearl gold, found in the new Kingdoms sets. It's one of my most favorite details of the original model from the game, in fact, represented by one of my most favorite Lego elements.