Sign in to follow this  
Toa_Of_Justice

NCS Gunbird

:sing: Attention, Classic Space and Neo-Classic Space fans!

I have an MOC here that I think you'll like very much!

I now present...

NCS Gunbird

Click on any picture to enlarge it.

01_ncs_gunbird_eb.png

<Features and Specs>

Crew: 2 (1 pilot, 1 gunner/engineer)

Special note 1: If the engine needs repair, the gunner can give control of the guns to the pilot. By default, the pilot controls the front light blasters and wingtip cannons, but he can assume control of others as needed.

Number of weapons: 35 (2 light blasters in the front, 4 swiveling blasters near the center, 4 wingtip blaster cannons, 4 heavy blaster cannons above and below the wings, 4 homing missiles that can also act as mobile blaster drones, 1 rotating and elevating quad cannon, and 16 hidden blasters inside the wings)

Special note 2: As an option, whenever the pilot or gunner activates the weaponry, internal sensors can automatically choose the blaster that is closest to the target. The missiles are not affected by this.

Number of thrusters: 19 (3 main thrusters in the rear, 2 wingtip thrusters, and 14 small maneuvering thrusters throughout the ship)

Other notable features: 5 landing struts; opening access hatches near cockpit, gunner's station, and engine room; rotating gunner's chair and sensor dishes; folding tail fins; and swiveling front landing lights.

Some might say this ship is heavily armed.

03_front_small.png

They're wrong...it's VERY heavily armed! :devil:

05_gun_bays_open_small.png

Most of the following pictures weren't safe to take in space, so I went back to the hangar...I mean building mode. :tongue:

15_landed_small.png

Check out the interior! (Note: I hid some bricks as I took these pictures so you could see the details.)

19_interior_small.png

21_cockpit_small.png

23_gunner_station_1_small.png

29_engine_room_2_small.png

ALERT: Pesky jelly alien spotted in Sector M2! Gunbird, you're the closest fighter in the area, so go take care of it!

33_battle_1_small.png

[Pilot] We found the alien!

[Alien] Oh, megabloks...

35_battle_2_small.png

[Gunner] And I just made it disappear! :grin:

LXF File - Brickshelf Gallery (when public)

(Note: You may need to rename the LXF file with an .lxf extension and save it as "All Files," otherwise it may save as a .zip folder.)

EDIT: Oops, I almost forgot to give credit to Superkalle for providing the unlock instructions for LEGO Universe Mode. If it weren't for that mode, this model would not have been possible in LDD. Also, thanks to Superkalle for unlocking old gray, which is very prevalent in my model.

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Great LDD design Toa_of_Justice! I love how it looks like a cross between Classic and modern space vehicles. I like the double cockpit design, all those blasters ready to fire, and the landing gears give the ship a good look when docked.

quite awesome - I like how there's some subtle hull shaping from the layers of curved slopes, I love the gunner section, the back is cool with the tailfins and thrusters, and the cabinet rockets are good 'n' zany :laugh:... make the wings a bit chunky but I'm happy to overlook that :wink:

Hello!

Nice classic design. I wish all those pieces were available in the correct colours. :wink: The landing gear system is well thought out, and the old car doors to conceal the weapons work great! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks for the comments, everyone! :classic:

Hello!

Nice classic design. I wish all those pieces were available in the correct colours. :wink: The landing gear system is well thought out, and the old car doors to conceal the weapons work great! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thank you. I was originally inspired to build this MOC based a desire to use some of the trans-yellow windscreen options near the bottom of this poll. In fact, the Windscreen 10 x 6 x 2 Curved at the front of my MOC is one of the options on that poll... :wink:

For more info about the possibility of yellow windscreens and other new colors, click here.

-Toa Of Justice

How do you make these?

LEGO Digital Designer + LEGO Universe Mode + old gray + familiarity with pieces and connections + inspiration + time = NCS Gunbird.

And of course, don't forget to give credit to Superkalle for unlocking LEGO Universe mode and old gray, as well as LDD Manager. :wink:

Does that answer your question? :grin:

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice