cavegod

UCS Slave1

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Just a few pictures for you to look at and give me some ideas etc, Thanks go to Anio for the inspiration and instructions to help me along with this moc even though i would like it minifig scale this will do for now.

Photo-0291.jpg

Photo-0292.jpg

Photo-0295.jpg

Photo-0297.jpg

Photo-0298.jpg

Photo-0293.jpg

i am not happy with the green archs over the top of the stabilisers and also the front section is to flat. still waiting for parts to finish the tail and i have to re-design the sides somewhat. but there you go fire away with comments.

Cool! Bottem looks great! Don't really like the thickness of the landing structure though and I would use the new dark green cylinder parts of the new official Slave I. But overall really nice.

Good luck with completing it

I'm very impatient to see it finished. :)

How did you attache the Slave to the black display stand ?

Without the display stand, the door can be opened or not ?

Hum, maybe I will add some greebs at the back of my Slave...

Very impressive looking. I love how 'solid' it looks. Got a rough estimate of the number of parts used?

Looks great, Cavey (if I can call you that!) You've got the wing mechanism right, and the underside is spot-on.

Two criticisms: the SNOT skirt looks a little too fat - might it be better at a single brick thickness?

Secondly, I'd use the new Slave 1's round dark green pieces for the arches - they look more accurate to the real thing:

Slave-1-star-wars-4141852-1024-768.jpg

Cool! Bottem looks great! Don't really like the thickness of the landing structure though and I would use the new dark green cylinder parts of the new official Slave I. But overall really nice.

Good luck with completing it

thats what i was thinking so i've ordered them.

I'm very impatient to see it finished. :)

How did you attache the Slave to the black display stand ?

Without the display stand, the door can be opened or not ?

Hum, maybe I will add some greebs at the back of my Slave...

the display stand is attached the same way as all the ucs line but it's twice as big, no the door is removed when on the stand.

Very impressive looking. I love how 'solid' it looks. Got a rough estimate of the number of parts used?

nope no idea lol

Looks great, Cavey (if I can call you that!) You've got the wing mechanism right, and the underside is spot-on.

Two criticisms: the SNOT skirt looks a little too fat - might it be better at a single brick thickness?

Secondly, I'd use the new Slave 1's round dark green pieces for the arches - they look more accurate to the real thing:

Slave-1-star-wars-4141852-1024-768.jpg

call me whatever you want to :tongue:

yeah the skirt is too fat but if i made it 1 brick thick there would be no room for the greebs and we all love greebs!!

yep as above there on order!

Whoah, that's a lot of very lovely greebling! Personally, even though it's not as accurate, I liked the large amounts of tan in the wing supports; your model captures this very well! I do agree, I'd go with the side design and coloring of the 2010 Slave 1 over the older editions.

Nice, I think you pretty much got the overall look of real Slave I, most especially the greebles underneath the skirt (which understandably explains the thickness). Switch to the dark green arches and it'll all be perfect. Can't wait to see the final product.

Ok finished now for the moment until i get some motivation to alter it again!

Green curves from new slave1 used as i could not figure any alternative :cry_sad: but i think it looks ok. the rear door still exists as in the pictures in the first post i just forgot to include it in these :wacko:

when i can borrow the decent camera i will take proper pictures but for now enjoy!

Gallery when public

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=444208

photo-0003.jpg

photo-0004.jpg

photo-0005.jpg

photo-0006.jpg

photo-0007.jpg

photo-0009.jpg

photo-0010.jpg

C&C welcome

Edited by cavegod

What impresses me most about this MOC is you managed to make an already great-looking creation into an even better one. The use of the the dark green arches made it perfect IMO. The finished product is really deserving of the UCS tag. Magnificent job as usual cavegod! :thumbup: Pls. don't stop making these wonderful UCS creations.

Just a quick question: Even if this is UCS-scale, how close is this to minifig-scale? Because from the looks of it, it might be near MF-scale the way I see it.

Edited by KielDaMan

What impresses me most about this MOC is you managed to make an already great-looking creation into an even better one. The use of the the dark green arches made it perfect IMO. The finished product is really deserving of the UCS tag. Magnificent job as usual cavegod! :thumbup: Pls. don't stop making these wonderful UCS creations.

Thanks nope i won't stop as i have already finished, minus 6 parts, my next ucs Tie!

GH, nope i won't but it would be interesting to watch it melt :devil:

Thanks nope i won't stop as i have already finished, minus 6 parts, my next ucs Tie!

The dark green parts look pretty good. :thumbup:

I have to do the same on my Slave.

At the moment, it is not built anymore (I disassembled in order to rebuild it).

I also still have to find a way to do a display stand WITH a display card (I want the card to be on the stand, I mean)

You wouldn't let such a great creation melt would you :cry_sad: . Only six more parts to a new ucs tie can't wait!

You wouldn't let such a great creation melt would you :cry_sad: . Only six more parts to a new ucs tie can't wait!

yep only 6 but quite a few more for my UCS Imperial landing craft, so far it is 90 studs long and 36 studs wide *oh2*

yep only 6 but quite a few more for my UCS Imperial landing craft, so far it is 90 studs long and 36 studs wide *oh2*

i forgot to add the stabilisers are self leveling :thumbup:

:oh:*oh2* Now that is just HUGE!

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

Excellent MOC.

Given how iconic this ship is, I would have thought it was a prime candidate for the official LEGO UCS treatment at some point. After all, we've had 3 system scale Slave 1's and mini versions, so why not ? Certainly once the latest version of Slave 1 reaches the end of its shelf life I'd love LEGO to give us a UCS version.

Dr. D.

Excellent MOC.

Given how iconic this ship is, I would have thought it was a prime candidate for the official LEGO UCS treatment at some point. After all, we've had 3 system scale Slave 1's and mini versions, so why not ? Certainly once the latest version of Slave 1 reaches the end of its shelf life I'd love LEGO to give us a UCS version.

Dr. D.

with a bit of luck they may just do that and hopefully a new windscreen for it??

Something I forgot to mention in my comment at FBTB... your combination of the dark green arches with the true brown base of the ship is perfect. Another thing TLG should have done...

Amazing build, bro.

Love it! :wub:

With the new Slave 1's round dark green pieces for the arches it looks so much better.

And the engine is fenominal!

Maybe a comparison picture with (one of) the original version(s)?

But I guess you've taken that apart to build this :grin:

afraid not Future, i don't own any system sets, all parts where from my collection and bricklink :grin:

i have uploaded large pictures of Slave-1 to my Brickshelf and Flikr accounts.